Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice - 2010

Comments

• Options
    Thought the 'your full of sh*t' stuff was hilarious and obvious he had been saved for a dramatic exit, but slightly frustrating that the actual reason he was outed for was pretty flimsy at best to be honest.

So he exaggerated a little about a licence. If that is all they could uncover from thorough digging and attempts to pull CV and boasts to shreds, then it was a bit disappointing. I was expecting something along the lines of his company was really his dad's, or something like that.

Very entertaining TV character, who when edited down to glimpses from a 24hr day provided good entertainment. I reckon through the process he was probably a stronger candidate than what we saw, and that was one of the reasons he was still in.
  • Options
    Baggs came across pretty well on the You're Fired programme I thought (what on earth has Karen Brady had done though, she could barely move her face or change her expression from that stupid smile!)

The bird will walk the final
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Chris-8 did quite well last night
    Stella-8 calm and composed
    Jamie-4 crumbled under the pressure
    Joanna-3 bit clueless
    Baggs-1 shown up for what he is although 10 for entertainment
  • Options
    Agree AFKA, I think there was actually a bit of substance behind Baggs' BS.

He seemed like one of those classic mouthy young men, who feel the need to constantly justify themselves and talk themselves up. The amateur psychologist in me says it's the manifestation of him trying to mask self doubts and I think we can all probably identify with that to an extent, especially when we were that sort of age.

When you watch his role in the tasks, he was usually a pretty good team player who got stuck in, made suggestions and worked hard. He pulled a few stunts that probably weren't wholly professional but to an extent that's all part of the game. Sad really, because I'm not sure he needed to do it. As the interviwer said re his exagerated Telecoms Licence claims - why lie, at 21 it'd still look impressive that he had the licence and business he did so there was no real need to exagerate.

He made good copy, but I'm not sure that's soley why he made it so far. I think Sugar wanted him scrutinised in the interview process to try and flush out any lies because if there weren't any, I think he'd be in the final. It'd would have been interesting too - a straight fight between icy cool Stella and the unpredictable Baggs.

Right two in the final though, from the final five at least, although I still think it should probably be Stella vs Liz.
  • Options
    I don't think it was the fact that he lied, I think was more of a case that he didn't own up to it when he had the chance. Wasted time during the interview.
  • Options
    Chris looks like Beavis
  • Options
    It wasn't the licence that was the reason for Baggs being sacked, it was that he was caught lying and then continued to lie in front of Lord Sugar.
  • Options
    both have been working for sugar for the past 6 months, stella is doing better than chris but neither yet know whose won, both endings have been filmed.
  • Options
    For anyone that doesn't know, the final is this Sunday and not the Wednesday.
  • Options
    Shame "The Brand" went last night as he is comedy gold. Flimsy reason as stated - and I am sure that in a previous series - Lee - had a much greater lie on his Cv, it may have been a qualification he didnt get, but went on to win the whole thing. Bit of injustice there.

Slightly on a tangent - every time I open this thread up when not logged in, I see that picture of Liz tucking into a sausage - Thank you!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stuff last night, Sugar went up in my estimations last night, as I thought he had dropped a real clanger last week getting rid of the lovely Liz , and was taken in by the field of ponies.

The way he wound himself up to sack baggsy was brilliant , he seemed to suddenly realise that the boy had been having him on all this time and taking the pisss.
    I wished they would cut the crap at the start of the programme, showing us what had happened in previous weeks as if we had dementia or something, very patronising, but all shows seem to do this now , either to pad it out or because they think the viewers are stupid and can't remember what was happening , either way very annoying ...............what was I saying now ?
  • Options
    IA. I certainly don't see Lord S as stupid, but he obviously realised that he allowed Baggs to fool him last week. Many good sales people have an affinity with other good sales people, I often find myself coming out of the Shoe Shop with that special cream that my new shoes can't do without!
    KAP. Sorry can't trust you on this occasion, they edit the interviews to show things the way they want to. Any PLC Directors who would be ripped apart by that bunch are simply weaker personalities, strong business people like Philip Green for instance would deal with them comfortably.
    We all need to remember that the Show is designed as entertainment, otherwise we would see a much more talented bunch on there.
  • Options
    I am suspicious of Alan Sugar's sudden realisation that keeping "The Brand" was a mistake - I think it had more to do with Sugar feeling that Liz wouldn't win it and so he may as well keep the entertainment levels up by keeping Stuart in.

Great show last night though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I am suspicious of Alan Sugar's sudden realisation that keeping "The Brand" was a mistake - I think it had more to do with Sugar feeling that Liz wouldn't win it and so he may as well keep the entertainment levels up by keeping Stuart in.

Great show last night though.

I thought that. Keep him in as a running joke and then set the rottwielers on him and we can all laugh while he squirms. The thing that he got pulled up on, was ridiculous, and if he'd been a bit less under pressure. I totally understood what he was saying. He had a company that provided telecomms services in the IoM that was fully licenced. He didn't say that he had a full licence to provide all telecomms services. There was no need to call up the regulator to check, because it said it on his CV. If a lie that he didn't really tell was the best reason they could find to sack the puffed up little twerp, then it's a bad day.
  • Options
    Can't believe that the size of the house they were staying in and there was only one phone in the place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]IA. I certainly don't see Lord S as stupid, but he obviously realised that he allowed Baggs to fool him last week. Many good sales people have an affinity with other good sales people, I often find myself coming out of the Shoe Shop with that special cream that my new shoes can't do without!
    KAP. Sorry can't trust you on this occasion, they edit the interviews to show things the way they want to. Any PLC Directors who would be ripped apart by that bunch are simply weaker personalities, strong business people like Philip Green for instance would deal with them comfortably.
    We all need to remember that the Show is designed as entertainment, otherwise we would see a much more talented bunch on there.

The Phillip Greens of this world are not any Plc Directors they are the exceptions and the elite in business, if you mean them then I would agree with you, but having worked with a lot of Plc directors (not chairman) then I stand by my original point.

What would be interesting would be putting members of parliament in there.
  • Options
    On tonight, BBC 9pm, hour long You're Fired/Hired after as well
  • Options
    Happy with that result.

Tory boy has probably had everything handed to him on a plate in his life whereas Stella has had to work for it all so good for her.

Really want a whisky sour now.
  • Options
    No Stuart in the teams for the final, trying to catch the ponies.
  • Options
    Stuart is in the audience on Your Fired though.

Apparantly was not even invited back for the final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn't bothered who won tonight. A real 50/50 shout for Mr Sugar I reckon.

The way Chris talks is so much like Tim-nice-but-dim from Harry Enfield http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tekXxB6dosQ
  • Options
    I thought Chris had the better product but it was close.

Stella is going to work for our old sponsors Viglen.
  • Options
    Sad Baggs wasn't allowed back for a final hurah.

UnemployedHeadOfCommunications was great value, as ever. Yeah rum is where it's at, pommegranet is the big thing. WtF? In all honesty both products looked neat (even if one was a giant pink spike), but most of that has to be down to the designers.
  • Options
    They both seemed to have aged a lot in the last year. Stella looked good but stil Liz for me.
  • Options
    A former contestant in Lord Sugar's hit Apprentice show is due to appearing in court charged with fraud.

Mortgage broker Christopher Farrell will appear before magistrates in Plymouth charged with four counts of fraud by false representation.

Farrell, 29, from The Wirral, Merseyside, was originally arrested in August, shortly before the current series of the BBC 1 show - which finished on Sunday - aired.

The former Royal Marine, who heard "You're Fired" from Lord Sugar in week eight of the show, made a guest appearance on Sunday night's final when he was part of winner Stella English's team creating, marketing and selling an alcoholic drink
  • Options
    Bet he wishes he offered Baggs the job now!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Don't mess with a girl from Thamesmead.

About par for the course, bloke has a skinful of Stella and he ends up in court.
  • Options
    Stuart Baggs has just been found dead, by police, in a property in the Isle of Man.
    RIP.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Jesus. Very sad - 27 is no age.