Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice - 2010

Comments

• Options
    I'm not a one-trick pony.
    I'm not even a ten-trick pony.
    I am a field of ponies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'm not a one-trick pony.
    I am a field of ponies.

That made me laugh out loud.

Poor Liz, but then she is becoming a bit of a Posh Spice WAG wannabee...
  • Options
    My housemate is always justifying watching shit like big brother and x factor because it's apparently 'TV Gold'

TV shit in my book but this apprentice is majestic.

That Herr Baggs needs striping, what a complete cardboard c**t! That was like watching The Office where Brent gets made redundant and starts begging.

Painful but beatiful TV. He will ball his eyes out next week.

Jamie to win
  • Options
    The interviews look great next week. Baggs is going to get slaughtered.
  • Options
    Strange sacking and some people on here will be crying in their cornflakes this morning with no Liz to drool over.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I actually agree with Sir Alan, Liz didn't really take a lead, she let Baggs made the decisions, most of which were incorrect but she didn't try and argue with. She also didn't really defend herself in the boardroom, he's not after a yesperson (!) or a salesperson but someone who can think outside the box. Also with the next round being the interviewing, if Baggs is lying he will be found out and dismissed.

How cringeworthy was the whole cockney theme?!
  • Options
    Loved the image of the open top bus with a group of disinterested looking foreigners/old people on top and all the grafitti in the background.

One of the best episodes I've ever seen purely because it was so embarrasing.

Not surprised that LIz went but Baggs was a twat of the highest order last night. His altercation with the wooden looking geezer was brilliant. Just wish they had started fighting. Baggs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Sugar's empire, he will simply make too much money for the company to cope with.
  • Options
    I think Liz should have told Sugar , that if he wants to employ someone who behaves likes Stuart Baggs then its not a company she wants to work for, and she should have fired herself and walked out., and on the way out she should have clumped Baggsy round the earhole...............If Sugar thinks someone who talks complete B**locks and will lie and cheat his way through each task , is a good candidate then he has lost the plot and liz is much better off without him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'm not a one-trick pony.
    I am a field of ponies.

Always said he was pony.
  • Options
    Indeed, TV gold last night and next weeks should be better still with the interviews from Hell. Will miss the lovely Liz though...

I think the guy at Tubby's got it spot on when he pointed out how patronising they were being. As if the guy was suddenly going to turn into a modern day Dick Van Dyke.

Real laugh out loud stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe that Lord Sugar said that giving 20% of all your income was a good idea, if they had lost, I bet he wouldn't be saying the same thing.
  • Options
    Last night was so good, cringeworthy to the max. Especially Jamie and the second biggest river in London remark.

Lord Sugar is no fool, I would not be surprised if he knew Liz/Stuart are not good enough to win but that Stuart will provide better television next week in the interviews so thought he would save him- keep viewing figures up etc. However The Apprentice is in danger of becoming like Big Brother- rather than the best candidates, the best freaks/characters get on.

Either that or Lord Sugar really did buy some of the speil Stuart was saying.
  • Options
    Just watching the Apprentice Final 5 on iplayer from tonight.

Stella had a very tough childhood in Thamesmead, family problems and nearly being put in care etc. Certainly seems exceptionally resiliant/driven and the strongest candidate imho.
  • Options
    Only watched it last night. Shame Liz went. Was TV gold again, especially some of Jamies tour guide spiel, loved the comment about Big Ben

"The clock face is 20 diameters in width"

But he is a good blagger.

I think they are saving the Brand to humiliate him next week when he is exposed as a fibber.

I quite like Stella, she seems hard nosed enough for the business world.

Joanna is looking more sly each week, would not trust her to run an errand, let alone a business.

Chris is a bit of a bumbling fool too often to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    I think Liz was too sensitive to work with someone like Alan Sugar. I've worked for a similar style guy who was CEO and it is hard at times to work for these blunt, driven and often unfair guys and if you are sensitive it destroys you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Can't believe that Lord Sugar said that giving 20% of all your income was a good idea, if they had lost, I bet he wouldn't be saying the same thing.
    It was really stupid. What is the incentive for them to make any effort if they get 20 points regardless of the amount they contribute. Lucky boy.

This is amusing Apprentice Remix - Some Mild Swearing From Lord Sir
  • Options
    The final 5 show made The Brand out to be better than expected, his parents run a pub on the Isle of man or some other backwards place and claim that he has made his money on his own, should be an interesting interview!

As for the 20%, the tour guide was always going to sell a lot more than them and that's how they won the challenge, although he gave away too much the task was won by getting them to sell the tickets for them.

The Thames is the second longest river in London.
    Perhaps the longest will be down Tottenham High Road after we knock them out of the cup? ;-)
  • Options
    Not a spoiler but tonight is going to be very interesting for the Brand when it is revealed he is not who he claims to be.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Not a spoiler but tonight is going to be very interesting for the Brand when it is revealed he is not who he claims to be.

I never watch the whole of the episodes tuning in for the board room, except for the interviews which I watch the whole of and todays is the best ever, it was great TV and in the board room the first firing was amazing tv

I have told my kids to watch the interview episodes its great training for real life interviews although extreme.
  • Options
    'Your not a brand'... 'I think I might be'

ahahaha, tv gold
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'You're full of shit''

Was classic.
  • Options
    Forget russell and jo, this is the funniest brand in television and I'm gonna miss him
  • Options
    You're not a big fish, you're not even a fish.
  • Options
    Great stuff.

I wonder if the Thamesmead girl supports Charlton?
  • Options
    Strewth that was amusing.

Dara did not know what to do with him on you're fired programme.

That Borden has the wierdest, small, beady mouth in the world.

And Karen Brady had her teeth, chin and some other bits done by the looks of it
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'm not a one-trick pony.
    I am a field of ponies.[/quote]

The Guy cracks me up , what a donut!

About Stuart

Born in Plymouth, Stuart is The Apprentice's youngest ever candidate and a keen lover of fast cars and technology. His first venture into business took place in his own school playground when he started selling yo-yos to fellow pupils. He later went on to launch his own telecommunications company at the age of 19.

A keen adrenalin junkie with hobbies including abseiling, powerboat racing and rock-climbing, Stuart also claims to have "no sense of political correctness".

Did you know he's only 21? ( I've heard that a few times)
  • Options
    The finalists were so obvious last night, but now choosing the winner is difficult because they are so different. The best thing for me was to hear Alan Sugar own up to a real clanger last week in getting rid of the girl. I know that the contestants are young and inexperienced, but I would love to see some strong business people sorting out those interviewers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]The best thing for me was to hear Alan Sugar own up to a real clanger last week in getting rid of the girl.

That was the bit that really frustrated me. He could've called the bullshit at the "field of ponies" stage.

I don't believe Alan Sugar is as stupid as he himself suggested on the show. He kept Baggs in the show for the entertainment factor. No other reason.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]The finalists were so obvious last night, but now choosing the winner is difficult because they are so different. The best thing for me was to hear Alan Sugar own up to a real clanger last week in getting rid of the girl. I know that the contestants are young and inexperienced, but I would love to see some strong business people sorting out those interviewers.

Trust me those interviewers are good at what they are doing. However the only reason that they are able to take on the candidates is because there are holes, look at Stella she was (based on what we saw) virtually unscathed. For any interview, know your CV, know your claims (especially any lies or exagerations odf the truth) and know the company.

I know quite a few board level directors of Plc's who would be ripped apart by those guys.

Mind you the late Bob Maxwell or Rupert Murdoch would be interesting
  • Options
    I'm glad that she's going to keep her cleaning company running.