Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2023/24

Have to make a start on this because the Chicago Bears are trading the no. 1 overall pick to the Carolina Panthers.

Comments

• Ooh wow.

Bryce Young? I personally think Stroud will be the best QB in this class.

I’m just a depressed Ravens fan trying to pretend Lamar won’t leave me. 
  • Was reading an article the other day how no owner is going for Jackson as they want to stop this fully guaranteed malarkey that Watson got from the Browns and has got Jackson asking for as well. 

Said it is unprecedented that such an established QB being available had so many QB needy teams openly stating they were not on for him. 

As an aside, I didn’t know that for any fully guaranteed part of a contract, the team have to deposit the whole of that guaranteed money in an account with the league 
  • Always find draft season fascinating. Could see 3 QBs in the top 4 picks going, Cardinals I don't know if they'll trade #3 to someone trying to move up (Raiders??) or just draft Will Anderson anyway to give them some pass rush. 
  • Also think this trade means none of the QB’s are gonna fall to raiders at 7 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Was reading an article the other day how no owner is going for Jackson as they want to stop this fully guaranteed malarkey that Watson got from the Browns and has got Jackson asking for as well. 

Said it is unprecedented that such an established QB being available had so many QB needy teams openly stating they were not on for him. 

As an aside, I didn’t know that for any fully guaranteed part of a contract, the team have to deposit the whole of that guaranteed money in an account with the league 
    I didn’t know that about the central account for guaranteed money either. Makes sense with owners like Snyder around.

Definitely some collusion around the Jackson contract but he’ll get paid wherever he goes. My money is on one of Detroit, Colts or 49ers (but they’d have to wait until after the draft). 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Also think this trade means none of the QB’s are gonna fall to raiders at 7 

Fully expect them all off the board by 7. Could see the Seahawks taking Richardson as a project behind Geno. 
  • If anyone falls it’ll be Levis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jalen Ramsey to the Dolphins
  • OBJ one year 18m deal with Ravens 
  • Aaron Rodgers now officially traded from the Packers to the Jets for a number of draft picks including 2 in this weeks draft.
  • philcafc said:
    Aaron Rodgers now officially traded from the Packers to the Jets for a number of draft picks including 2 in this weeks draft.
    Seems kinda mental. What’s he got, a few seasons left in him?
  • That's all my lacklustre Pats need, Aaron Effing Rodgers in the same division ffs. 

Not often in the past seasons that I can say we definitively have the worst QB in our division 
  • It's basically what the Broncos did with Peyton Manning, get a legend to play his last couple of seasons for you and potentially be in the mix for the Super Bowl. After he retires, normal service is resumed. 
  • I messaged my mate and have boldly claimed, Jets dont make playoffs, finish 3rd in their division and that Rodgers is one and done there

• Didn't the Jets try this already with Brett Favre in 2008?
  • PACKERS RECEIVE:

• 2023 first-round pick (No. 13 overall)
    • 2023 second-rounder (No. 42)
    • 2023 sixth-rounder (No. 207)
    • Conditional 2024 second-rounder that could become a first

JETS RECEIVE:

• Aaron Rodgers
    • 2023 first-round pick (No. 15 overall)
    • 2023 fifth-rounder (No. 170)
  • think he has to play 65% of the teams snaps for the conditional to go from 2nd round to 1st round next year
  • Sponsored links:

• I would love it if he did a Russell Wilson, I doubt it though he’s different gravy. 
  • Draft night tonight...
  • MrOneLung said:
    think he has to play 65% of the teams snaps for the conditional to go from 2nd round to 1st round next year
    Zach Wilson will be playing 35.1% of the snaps next season then!
  • edited April 2023
    Lamar Jackson stays with the Ravens, signing a $260m, 5 year contract with $185m guaranteed.
  • thought the draft was at 12 but not starting till 1 so no chance of me seeing the Raiders pick someone no one else has in their top 30 players 
  • Here we go then, feels even more unpredictable than usual with 4 ‘top’ QBs. 
  • edited April 2023
    #1 Carolina Panthers pick Bryce Young, QB Alabama

#2 Houston Texans pick CJ Stroud, QB Ohio State

#3 Arizona Cardinals trade with Houston Texans - Houston Texans pick Will Anderson Jr, LB Alabama
    — Arizona receive pick 12, pick 33 & Houston’s 2024 1st and 3rd round picks. 
    — Houston also receive pick 105 this year.
  • edited April 2023
    #4 Indianapolis Colts pick Anthony Richardson, QB Florida

#5 Seattle Seahawks pick Devon Witherspoon, CB Illinois

#6 Detroit Lions trade with Arizona Cardinals - Arizona Cardinals pick Paris Johnson Jr, OT Ohio State

— Detroit receive pick 12 and pick 34.
  • edited April 2023
    #7 Las Vegas Raiders pick Tyree Wilson, DE Texas Tech

#8 Atlanta Falcons pick Bijan Robinson, RB Texas

#9 Chicago Bears trade with Philadelphia Eagles - Philadelphia Eagles pick Jalen Carter, DT Georgia

— Chicago receive pick 10 and Philadelphia’s 2024 4th round pick.
  • edited April 2023
    #10 Chicago Bears pick Darnell Wright, OT Tennessee

#11 Tennessee Titans pick Peter Skoronski, OT/OG Northwestern

#12 Detroit Lions pick Jahmyr Gibbs, RB Alabama