Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    So, tomorrow is the big kick off

I can't see past a Chiefs/49'ers SuperBowl although think Cowboys might push them close this year
    So after going 17-0 you expect the Raiders to fall in the play offs?
    Big Pats 2007 energy that
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I can't see past a Chiefs/49'ers SuperBowl although think Cowboys might push them close this year
    So after going 17-0 you expect the Raiders to fall in the play offs?
    YEAH, we are chokers
  • Options
    Looking forward to Chiefs Lions. Lions always score so will force Mahomes to play.
  • Options
    Think Chiefs will win by 10

A lot of people picking Lions for their division but I think they will underperform now there is a bit of expectation of them
  • Options
    The CTE issue would terrify me as a player. You think they're taking a lot of hits in games; they're taking 10x as many in training.
  • Options
    The CTE issue would terrify me as a player. You think they're taking a lot of hits in games; they're taking 10x as many in training.
    Are they though? Generally don’t even pad up until Thursday training and aren’t they wearing these new rubber padding over the helmet in training as well ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Cowboys? Are you alright?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sadly we'll fall down in the biggest tests as our OL will get injuries, our QB will have a stinker and we'll give away too many penalties.

Play offs again.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    MrOneLung said:

Dunno why. Just think Prescott is gonna be a lot better this season, your defence will be strong and you will win despite have McCarthy as coach. 

Also can’t see Eagles repeating and other than 49ers ( and Purdy may be a half season wonder) who else is there in your Conference that is gonna go deep? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be interested in hearing what the differences are between the atmosphere for UK games vs the atmosphere at games in the USA.

Anyone been to both?
  • Options
    I'd be interested in hearing what the differences are between the atmosphere for UK games vs the atmosphere at games in the USA.

Anyone been to both?
    Went to a game at Twickenham a few years ago, a Giants game. Lots of neutral/casual fans there so pretty muted, with some fake "cheer now" stuff. 

Went last year to Gillette for one of the coldest, and most boring games in recent memory (I found it fascinating and exciting being there at least) but what struck me was how negative the crowd around us were, constantly shouting abuse at the players and sarcastic cheering and clapping when there was a penalty or whatever. 

The kick return to win the game at the end though, the noise was incredible
  • Options
    The trouble with London games is they are not  proper home games but a day trip. The 'lets hear you cheer' stuff gets really tedious. Of course going to a US game is very far from easy but they are more antagonistic than what you will see in London. 
  • Options
    The trouble with London games is they are not  proper home games but a day trip. The 'lets hear you cheer' stuff gets really tedious. Of course going to a US game is very far from easy but they are more antagonistic than what you will see in London. 
    They do the same thing over here too though. Bulls, Dodgers and all the Canadian sports i've been to all ask you to "get loud", "make some noise" and "cheer for your defense". It's cringe as hell.

Slim chance I might be at the Seahawks / Rams game this Sunday and i'm sure it's the same there.

• Options
    They do the same thing over here too though. Bulls, Dodgers and all the Canadian sports i've been to all ask you to "get loud", "make some noise" and "cheer for your defense". It's cringe as hell.

Slim chance I might be at the Seahawks / Rams game this Sunday and i'm sure it's the same there.

The let's get loud stuff in the US is more organic though, it's such a part of third down defence, or a field goal for the away side, and the same in NBA with defence and free throws, that the crowd is already doing it.

In the UK it feels so much more forced because they practically have to beg for the crowd involvement 
  • Options
    Game is on Showcase tonight, so free if you don’t have Sky Sports or Gamepass. 
  • Options
    Pretty new to nfl so my 2 teams are pats as I’ve been to one of there games and a cowboys as my old dear loves Dallas and remember always seeing there pitch on the opening credits 
  • Options
    Is there a Charlton Life fantasy nfl league I can join by any chance? Alternatively can anyone recommend one?
  • Options
    Pretty new to nfl so my 2 teams are pats as I’ve been to one of there games and a cowboys as my old dear loves Dallas and remember always seeing there pitch on the opening credits 
    Are you trying to make everyone hate you?

Is there a Charlton Life fantasy nfl league I can join by any chance? Alternatively can anyone recommend one?

Yes - redraft and a dynasty but they’re both full for this year. Maybe if someone drops out at any point?
  • Options
    Are you trying to make everyone hate you?

Yes - redraft and a dynasty but they’re both full for this year. Maybe if someone drops out at any point?
    Ok, thanks! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where’s the updated who supports who list !! 
  • Options

Anyone been to both?
    Been to plenty of London games and one game at Soldier Field. In the US it just feels a bit more natural, yes it's all forced stuff but you come to expect it, over here with the forced fan participation it really does feel forced. Also this is very stereotypical but it probably doesn't help with what your average UK NFL fan is like.
    From my experience as well the US for boozing beats us easily.
  • Options
    A big part of NFL culture is the tailgating and I guess that isn't possible with Wembley Arena too.
  • Options
    Anyone else up and watching? The refs love-in with the Chiefs has started early this year. 
    Right tackle lining up a full meter on every offensive snap behind the line to negate Hutchinson. 
  • Options
    What a result for the Lions. Turned over the Chiefs at home 21-20.
  • Options
    What a result for the Lions. Turned over the Chiefs at home 21-20.
    Surprised how poor KC were.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    KC defence really tired in the end. Thought Goff looked a bit limited whereas Mahomes literally did everything he could.

They need Kelce back.

Re: Fantasy - Immediately put that WR Rice on waivers based on the first quarter but perhaps got overexcited haha.
  • Options
    Asked a civil question and got mocked fair enough enjoy the season 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    You’ll have understand why over time. For what it’s worth, I support Manchester United and Liverpool.
  • Options
    Oh Palace. You just happened to choose probably the 2 most supported teams in America. 

Dallas are known as Americas Team as they are so popular and obviously got all the fans from the Patriots Brady dynasty.