Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Martin Sandgaard to stay in the UK

https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1462362498024329216?s=21 

Has some (limited) football experience- sounds as if Sandgaard has learnt to be wary of roddy 

Comments

• I think the most surprising thing is that Cawley can't spell football 
  • Wasn’t part of the article that TS is telling the club to do things and it isnt happening ? So this looks like boots on the ground to me to do with the footballing side 
  • edited November 2021
    Cos Jacko won’t play 433
  • Thomas has been great since he’s come in but this does slightly ring alarm bells for me - if Roland had sent an unqualified son over then he would have got pelters. Martin is a nice enough man but he has nothing constructive to offer a competitive football club. 

When Thomas dies, Martin will own the football club, so it’s perhaps positive that he’s going to get first hand experience in the day-to-day runnings of the machine. However, I’m still extremely cautious of how the owners son snooping around and sharing his football manager tactics with the coaches will help anything on a Saturday/Tuesday. 
    This is the bit that bothers me 

“He’s a brilliant football player. He reads the game better than anybody. 

• "Charlton owner Sandgaard told the South London Press: “We were looking in the first week or two to see [how it worked]. Sometimes when you are this far away, on the other side of the ocean, you feel like no-one ever listens to you and everyone goes about their business – regardless of what I tell them to do."

Hmmm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe if there is some closer management scrutiny, Toby keohane will get found out and sacked. Happy days.
    His Son is on the footballing side - nothing to do with Security or operations 
  • Wasn't bothered until I read the article. Not sure it is over analysing to be somewhat cautious of the owners son somehow now getting involved in the football side. 

"Reads the game better than anyone".

"has an amazing understanding of modern football, maybe more than traditional English football.”

I mean that is just weird and very "Roland".  

We are finally on a good run, beat Sunderland, Plymouth and drew with Rotherham so not just easy games, yet he has come out and said he is interviewing other managers and now sent his son over.
    The bit about people not listening to him is what alarms me , I’m getting the sense that longer he is here the more controlling he is becoming and trying to dictate everything. I’m not worried by the appointment more the wording of the artical
  • Strange quotes from TS for me.. don’t really know what to make of it. 

I know lots of things go on in the background that we won’t know about.. but it just seems a bit odd and makes it sound like something isn’t right. 

I could have maybe understood it more before when Adkins was around, but implying something isn’t right with how we’re doing at the moment doesn’t make much sense from the outside. Unless he’s talking in general terms and just wants to be a bit more in the loop and engaged? 
  • The son also rises.
    If he became Chairman or chief exec that would be fine. Every boss needs a right hand person to get his message across to the staff.
    Martin could get himself off to a good start by appointing Johnnie full time asap. There would only be one tolerable scenario for the fans other than that, which would be another new guy who came in and did even better than Johnnie or at least as well.
    Anything less than that and Sandgaard would be toast, Duchatelet Mark 2.

• Does he think son Martin can do a better job JJ ?
  • seth plum said:
    Maybe the son could arrange a fix for all the turnstiles so they’re fully operational.
    Cheese sandwich man hasn’t done so. 
    What on earth does Keohane do all day?
    Whatever it is, it doesn’t benefit the fans.
    Ironically, he seemed to be Thomas’ handler/bodyguard yesterday when he was in crossbars! 

COO didn’t even seem interested in the running of the bar or food stalls
  • Sponsored links:

• Do we really have to over analyse everything always?

I know we’ve been treated really badly for years but all this is getting really exhausting 😫
    You're dead right but seriously have you seen him. I think we should be worried...  ;)  

• So Keohane has got in early to suck up to the new owner in order to cover up his uselessness.
    Have I got this right?
  • edited November 2021
    Judging from the quotes it doesn't sound to me like Martin will be the defacto CEO, more than Sandgaard actually thinks Martin would do a decent job as a coach or something on the football side. 

We are one man short after all. 
  • Do we really have to over analyse everything always?

I know we’ve been treated really badly for years but all this is getting really exhausting 😫
    You're dead right but seriously have you seen him. I think we should be worried...  ;)  

He's not even facing the pitch
  • Chizz said:
    Do we really have to over analyse everything always?

He's not even facing the pitch
    That's because out of shot he's holding a can of Carlsberg 
  • If you make a fella your technical director (eyes and ears) and he don’t tell you, your  managers is a happy clappy twat, that’s failing across the board, for whatever the reasons, then the fella ain’t done his job very well!

Solution, install someone you trust with your best interest at heart! 

Then tin tack the fella?
  • edited November 2021
    If you make a fella your technical director (eyes and ears) and he don’t tell you, your  managers is a happy clappy twat, that’s failing across the board, for whatever the reasons, then the fella ain’t done his job very well!

Solution, install someone you trust with your best interest at heart! 

Then tin tack the fella?
    But who's to say Ged didn't tell him? 

Didn't TS hang on to Bowyer for far too long as well?

In fact he never even sacked LB, he left.
  • edited November 2021
    May be he just wants to make sure his money is spent wisely. 
    As for coaching his son would need qualifications perhaps TS wants him to get some badges.