Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Sandgaard to stay in the UK

Comments

• Options
    Come on. Our owner lives an 11 hour flight from London and has seen his expectations for his first year of ownership take quite a knock. He’s on his third manager and just seen the worst start to a league campaign ever. He’s comments that he needs a bit closer control to ensure things are getting done as instructed is very telling. He can’t devote weeks at a time to seeing how things are being done. Who better than his son, a vested interest to get a handle on what’s not only gone wrong but what’s not getting done. Welcome Martin. 
    Just out of interest, what exactly isn’t getting done?
  • Options
    Come on. Our owner lives an 11 hour flight from London and has seen his expectations for his first year of ownership take quite a knock. He’s on his third manager and just seen the worst start to a league campaign ever. He’s comments that he needs a bit closer control to ensure things are getting done as instructed is very telling. He can’t devote weeks at a time to seeing how things are being done. Who better than his son, a vested interest to get a handle on what’s not only gone wrong but what’s not getting done. Welcome Martin. 
    Just out of interest, what exactly isn’t getting done?
    Good question
  • Options
    4Real said:
    seth plum said:
    So Keohane has got in early to suck up to the new owner in order to cover up his uselessness.
    Have I got this right?
    No - you're just going on and on about something you want to be correct.
    You could be right.
    I hate Keohane.
    He used to be called Chief Operations Officer.
    Yesterday all the turnstiles weren’t operational.
    I am correct about that.
  • Options
    The bonus is that if Martin doesn't do what Thomas asks him to do, Daddy can send his boy to his room without any tea as punishment.

That'll teach him.
  • Options
    He is obviously baffled by the turn around in results since Adkins departure. Something must have been very wrong behind the scenes and
    I doubt he has confidence in the person who recommended Adkins
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    If you make a fella your technical director (eyes and ears) and he don’t tell you, your  managers is a happy clappy twat, that’s failing across the board, for whatever the reasons, then the fella ain’t done his job very well!

Solution, install someone you trust with your best interest at heart! 

Then tin tack the fella?
    But who's to say Ged didn't tell him? 

Didn't TS hang on to Bowyer for far too long as well?

In fact he never even sacked LB, he left.
    Charlton owner Sandgaard told the South London Press: “We were looking in the first week or two to see [how it worked]. Sometimes when you are this far away, on the other side of the ocean, you feel like no-one ever listens to you and everyone goes about their business – regardless of what I tell them to do.

Who is he referencing? Adkins Roddy both?
  • Options
    He is obviously baffled by the turn around in results since Adkins departure. Something must have been very wrong behind the scenes and
    Adkins was not appointed because he was Roddy's mate.  The same isn't true for the goalkeeping coach....

Lots of question that should be asked about Roddy but that isn't one of them. 
  • Options
    This is positive I reckon - at the very least it’s sandgaard snr realising he can’t run a London football club day to day from Colorado. Maybe sandgaard jnr might not be very good, but may well be on the path to hiring a decent ceo..
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    If you make a fella your technical director (eyes and ears) and he don’t tell you, your  managers is a happy clappy twat, that’s failing across the board, for whatever the reasons, then the fella ain’t done his job very well!

Solution, install someone you trust with your best interest at heart! 

Then tin tack the fella?
    But who's to say Ged didn't tell him? 

Didn't TS hang on to Bowyer for far too long as well?

In fact he never even sacked LB, he left.
    Charlton owner Sandgaard told the South London Press: “We were looking in the first week or two to see [how it worked]. Sometimes when you are this far away, on the other side of the ocean, you feel like no-one ever listens to you and everyone goes about their business – regardless of what I tell them to do.

Who is he referencing? Adkins Roddy both?
    Neither?  It's just guessing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Adkins was not appointed because he was Roddy's mate.  The same isn't true for the goalkeeping coach....

I did not say that Adkins was Roddys mate in fact I didn't mention Roddy in my post
  • Options
    More questions than answers really come from this piece. 

What is Martin's actual job role? 

How high up on the ladder is he, is he in charge of anyone? 

What does Thomas mean when he says that the footballing side didn't listen to him? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I did not say that Adkins was Roddys mate in fact I didn't mention Roddy in my post
    You said the person that recommended Adkins.  It's often said, on here, it was Roddy, it wasnt.   Just clearing it up. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You said the person that recommended Adkins.  It's often said, on here, it was Roddy, it wasnt.   Just clearing it up. 
    so who was it? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

so who was it? 
    I blame @golfaddick, he's the only one to show such positivity in the face of adversity.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

so who was it? 
    Maybe he just applied for the job & was (in TS’s opinion) the best candidate?
    Strange I know, doesn’t fit any conspiracy theory 🙄🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

so who was it? 
    Maybe he just applied for the job & was (in TS’s opinion) the best candidate?
    Strange I know, doesn’t fit any conspiracy theory 🙄🤷‍♀️
    Someone have recommended Adkins for the job. Who that was is anyone’s guess
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Man, I really need to compile all the Sandgaard era conspiracy theories into a book, there's a lot.

Clearly, Martin is here to tell JJ what a high press is and instruct on how to pass out from the back. 

Or, possibly, just a job for a family member to keep Sandgaard capital closer to it's business interest and the appointment made to sound interesting with bollocks about footballing credentials. 

• Options
    Noticed he’ll be dealing with exclusively football matters, not the business side.. which along with his “things aren’t being done” comment strikes me as a bit odd..
    If you look at it from Thomas's point of view: 

You appoint a manager and finish the season well.  You invest money in players, to play the system that you played last season, including the center forward you probably thought was vital.  You then aquire more, more expensive, players because what you already have isn't working.

Fast foward 10 weeks (yes the transfer window did only shut that recently) you "star" center foward has been dropped on occasion because the team keep hoofing it to him, your big investment in Kirk (fee and contract) is in a witness protection program, your expensive loan signing isn't getting a game.

If the answer is as simple as Nigel is a bumbling idiot why did the "transfer committee" keep throwing Thomas's money at it?   It if the answer was two up top why didn't we sign another credible striker?  So many questions. 

If it was my money I would want to know why, I don't expect anyone to tell us, nor should they BTW. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we really have to over analyse everything always?

I know we’ve been treated really badly for years but all this is getting really exhausting 😫
    Agree. More so because no doubt Cawley has cherrypicked some quotes for his article anyway and without seeing / hearing the whole interview / conversation we can’t appreciate the whole context. 
  • Options
    We've been shafted enough times to justify the questioning. Not do long ago people were bowing to Southall and thinking we were rich. 

We don't know what's happening behind the boardroom doors and so the questions will remain. And that's ok. 
    Spot on. 
  • Options
    I believe that Ged Roddy isn't happy with the nepotism being shown by Thomas Sandgaard by having Martin Sandgaard in the club.
    Is Jacob still with the club?
  • Options
    We've been shafted enough times to justify the questioning. Not do long ago people were bowing to Southall and thinking we were rich. 

We don't know what's happening behind the boardroom doors and so the questions will remain. And that's ok. 
    Not all of us did.
    In fact, very few did.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2021

Spot on. 
    So when, in your honest opinion, will it be ok to actually enjoy some of the small steps we now seem to be taking?

When the next manager is appointed, so long as it’s JJ or it’s full on meltdown time?

When we get promoted out of this division?

When TS sacrifices his first born in the centre circle to prove he really is the real deal?

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻

At least he has got his first born onsite now for that sacrifice ;)