Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Sandgaard to stay in the UK

Comments

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Sandgaard appoints experienced football man Ged Roddy - people lose their mind about unproven conspiracy theories over his role and blame him for our impending relegation for signing useless players. Except people are now falling over themselves to praise Dobson and Clare - turns out the signings weren't the problem at all. Though now that the players look good I'm sure Roddy will have had nothing to do with signing them on here. There are complaints that Sandgaard needs a stronger link in England considering he spends most of his time abroad.
    Sandgaard sends his son over to create a stronger link in England - people complain that we haven't put an experienced football man in that role and, incredibly, compare Sandgaard to Roland. I would wager a lot of these people are the same people who somehow managed to find fault in Sandgaard's Fill The Valley initiative, committing the crime of filling the seats that would otherwise have been empty (the bastard), resulting in the team being roared on to a win over the team top of the league and a million photos and comments online about how great it is to see The Valley full again.
    I know that we're all very hyper-aware of things now that we've had so many bad owners in a row, but the negativity that greets every decision made by an owner that actually wants to do right by us is astonishing.
    He did not buy the Valley or training ground leaving us at the mercy of the mad Belgian.
    We did not get a centre back in January and our defence was terrible for months, costing us a playoff place.
    Our recruitment was way too slow in the Summer.
    We are lacking a natural goalscorer.

Good intentions are not enough in business
    Maybe not buying a centre back in January, slow recruitment etc is why he has put his son in place?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Southbank said:
    Sandgaard appoints experienced football man Ged Roddy - people lose their mind about unproven conspiracy theories over his role and blame him for our impending relegation for signing useless players. Except people are now falling over themselves to praise Dobson and Clare - turns out the signings weren't the problem at all. Though now that the players look good I'm sure Roddy will have had nothing to do with signing them on here. There are complaints that Sandgaard needs a stronger link in England considering he spends most of his time abroad.
    Sandgaard sends his son over to create a stronger link in England - people complain that we haven't put an experienced football man in that role and, incredibly, compare Sandgaard to Roland. I would wager a lot of these people are the same people who somehow managed to find fault in Sandgaard's Fill The Valley initiative, committing the crime of filling the seats that would otherwise have been empty (the bastard), resulting in the team being roared on to a win over the team top of the league and a million photos and comments online about how great it is to see The Valley full again.
    I know that we're all very hyper-aware of things now that we've had so many bad owners in a row, but the negativity that greets every decision made by an owner that actually wants to do right by us is astonishing.
    He did not buy the Valley or training ground leaving us at the mercy of the mad Belgian.
    We did not get a centre back in January and our defence was terrible for months, costing us a playoff place.

Maybe not buying a centre back in January, slow recruitment etc is why he has put his son in place?
    Yes, maybe. As I said above, if his son is up to it I would not mind him as a CEO who can tell his dad the truth about what is going on.
  • Options
    So did anyone see him play for Enfield?
    Was he any good?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I would not want Martin as a CEO, that's a role that requires better experience than simply at production and supply chain level. 

I would hope he's an interim until a CEO can be positioned. (Hopefully not a junior lawyer either btw.)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Southbank said:

Thank you for this total non-sequitur. What I'm quite clearly talking about is the negative reaction every decision Sandgaard makes is met with, including things as innocuous as creating a situation where there's actually fans at an important game, and the fact that a number of the criticisms are hypocritical. You've listed some football things you didn't like, including a transfer decision from almost a year ago which is, frankly, hilarious. Bizarre.
    My point is that nobody is above criticism, even the boss who in this case is not accountable to shareholders so only has us to tell him what we think is going wrong.
    He is running a football club, so mistakes on the football side should be very much his concern.
    He should also be grateful by the way that his 'customers' are ready to complain when we see something going wrong.
    It is a fact that 9 out of 10 'customers' do not complain about poor service, they just stop using it and tell other people it is s**t. We are the loyal customers who tell the owner when it is s**t. He does not have to listen of course. In which case if it goes wrong even more of us will stop coming.
    Criticism when due is a healthy thing for any business.Especially when the owner is 12000 miles away.
    He needs to know now for example that appointing a new manager above JJ would be a really bad move. Unless he believes the new guy will motivate the players, the crowd and get better results, we will let him know what a very bad decision it was very, very quickly.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Redrobo said:
    Southbank said:

Yes, maybe. As I said above, if his son is up to it I would not mind him as a CEO who can tell his dad the truth about what is going on.
    I don’t think it is about truth, I think it is more about context and feeling, things that only by actually being there can you fully understand. 
    To me he is saying that he trusts his sons judgment and making sure that everyone at the club understands.

I also do not consider it impossible that his feedback on JJ and JE is not what his own eyes and ears believe.
  • Options
    Having the bosses son on the shop floor is a bit uncomfortable imo.

Constantly minding your Ps and Qs, walking on egg shells and feeling on tenter hooks is not the best way to approach the job in hand.  

I once slagged off a boss to a new colleague who waited for me to finish before telling me he'd holidayed with him the previous year.  I said, 'Well he is a fair man, you do know where you stand with him.'  I coughed, scratched my head and walked off rather unsteadily.

Thankfully I was coming up to retirement anyway.  :|
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    We've been shafted enough times to justify the questioning. Not do long ago people were bowing to Southall and thinking we were rich. 

We don't know what's happening behind the boardroom doors and so the questions will remain. And that's ok. 
    Spot on. 
    So when, in your honest opinion, will it be ok to actually enjoy some of the small steps we now seem to be taking?

When the next manager is appointed, so long as it’s JJ or it’s full on meltdown time?

When we get promoted out of this division?

When TS sacrifices his first born in the centre circle to prove he really is the real deal?

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻
    Same old, same old from you then. How tedious for you to be worked up enough to post about me. Again.
    Same old same old avoiding the question, again.
    I’m not worked up by you, please don’t flatter yourself.

The only tedious thing is the constant over analysing and negativity of some.
    Some people are always looking for the next drama. Not saying airman is one of them btw, but there are many especially in the massive world of Twitter.
    Spot on. I'm still not entirely sure what Roddy is supposed to have done wrong, but there's some frothing hatred of him on Twitter at all times.
    Not justifying stupid twitter pile-ons, but he must have been very responsible for our too slow recruitment in the summer which undermined Adkins.
  • Options
    Here’s a thought … Chris Parkes isn’t going to be around forever. Maybe, just maybe, MS is being trained up to take on that role at some point. It’s a crucial role supporting Jacko and at the same time he can be the eyes and ears on the ground for his dad. Job title is Chief Sneak, so I hear
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    So did Thomas essentially say; “my sons never had a real job, I got him a job in marketing for my health electronics company and have paid him to do that for 14-years but luckily enough before that he was the worlds best unknown soccer expert so now I’ve sent him to London to run the footballing side of things at the club”
    That's a cynical way of looking at it but possibly not 100% false.

Any child in a business run by their parent is going to look like nepotism, even if they are competent.

And had a trial for QPR and played a little but for Enfield isn't going to impress many people in professional football management/coaching/recruitment even if he does shine in the staff football team.

But the question is who isn't doing what TS wants them to?  Adkins has gone so who is it?  JJ?  Roddy?  Gallen?  Hills?  Parkes?  the physios and sports scientists, And what isn't being done that MS can or has influence/change

And do TS or MS actually know better than them about the day to day operation of a football club?

Obviously I and most of us don't know what's going on behind the scenes but that sometimes leads to wild speculation, often leaping to most negative possible scenario.  The non-news that Harris was at the game (Neil not Clive) is an example.  He scouts for Ipswich reportedly and has been at games for many months according to NLA.

Maybe it's just the optimist in me but I prefer to think that there has been a lot wrong, a lot of things not being done or not done well for many years at a senior level due to poor and negligent leadership and lack of resources.  Now there is better and more demanding leadership and more resources, more is expected.
    It sounds like a management issue, although which part of the management we can only guess at. I’m hoping it’s not team related, as that would imply TS is interfering with the playing side. But whatever it is, ignoring your boss is never a good or professional look. If you don’t like the order, then you discuss it, explaining why it either shouldn’t be done, or could be done differently. If you can’t or won’t do that, then that person needs to be removed. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Do we really have to over analyse everything always?

I know we’ve been treated really badly for years but all this is getting really exhausting 😫
    You're dead right but seriously have you seen him. I think we should be worried...  ;)  

He's not even facing the pitch

I've been backing sandgaurd ownership from day one, but this worries me a bit to be honest.

He also hasn't done his top button up. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    So did Thomas essentially say; “my sons never had a real job, I got him a job in marketing for my health electronics company and have paid him to do that for 14-years but luckily enough before that he was the worlds best unknown soccer expert so now I’ve sent him to London to run the footballing side of things at the club”
    That's a cynical way of looking at it but possibly not 100% false.

Any child in a business run by their parent is going to look like nepotism, even if they are competent.

And had a trial for QPR and played a little but for Enfield isn't going to impress many people in professional football management/coaching/recruitment even if he does shine in the staff football team.

But the question is who isn't doing what TS wants them to?  Adkins has gone so who is it?  JJ?  Roddy?  Gallen?  Hills?  Parkes?  the physios and sports scientists, And what isn't being done that MS can or has influence/change

And do TS or MS actually know better than them about the day to day operation of a football club?

Obviously I and most of us don't know what's going on behind the scenes but that sometimes leads to wild speculation, often leaping to most negative possible scenario.  The non-news that Harris was at the game (Neil not Clive) is an example.  He scouts for Ipswich reportedly and has been at games for many months according to NLA.

Maybe it's just the optimist in me but I prefer to think that there has been a lot wrong, a lot of things not being done or not done well for many years at a senior level due to poor and negligent leadership and lack of resources.  Now there is better and more demanding leadership and more resources, more is expected.
    The optimist in me thinks he’s just coming over to put the cones out….
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Dave2l said:
    Chizz said:
    Do we really have to over analyse everything always?

I know we’ve been treated really badly for years but all this is getting really exhausting 😫
    You're dead right but seriously have you seen him. I think we should be worried...  ;)  

He's not even facing the pitch

I've been backing sandgaurd* ownership from day one, but this worries me a bit to be honest.

He also hasn't done his top button up**. 
    *Sandgaard

**Everyone knows you only do up the top button up when you're wearing a tie.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    We've been shafted enough times to justify the questioning. Not do long ago people were bowing to Southall and thinking we were rich. 

We don't know what's happening behind the boardroom doors and so the questions will remain. And that's ok. 
    Spot on. 
    So when, in your honest opinion, will it be ok to actually enjoy some of the small steps we now seem to be taking?

When the next manager is appointed, so long as it’s JJ or it’s full on meltdown time?

When TS sacrifices his first born in the centre circle to prove he really is the real deal?

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻
    Same old, same old from you then. How tedious for you to be worked up enough to post about me. Again.

Some people are always looking for the next drama. Not saying airman is one of them btw, but there are many especially in the massive world of Twitter.
    Spot on. I'm still not entirely sure what Roddy is supposed to have done wrong, but there's some frothing hatred of him on Twitter at all times.
    Not justifying stupid twitter pile-ons, but he must have been very responsible for our too slow recruitment in the summer which undermined Adkins.
    *Must have been - so guess work?
  • Options
    Micromanagement isn’t always a bad thing , the point being I think likliehood is Thomas is basing this decision more on failings of messurs, Adkins , Roddy and Gallen who evidently made a right pigs ear of things until Jacko took over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    No one knows the real reasons for our failings. Was Adkins really as shite as suggested? Did he fall out with others? Did we fail to move on targets, was Adkins unrealistic in his targets? 

Or did things simply, just not work out. Maybe Sandgaard has suddenly been getting all the truth flowing in now Adkins has gone (or since Martin first arrived)

It's clear whatever the truth was, that Sandgaard wants a trusted eye observing goings on. He doesn't want all the secrecy and tacit knowledge continuing to be hidden or at least omitted.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Southbank said:

Thank you for this total non-sequitur. What I'm quite clearly talking about is the negative reaction every decision Sandgaard makes is met with, including things as innocuous as creating a situation where there's actually fans at an important game, and the fact that a number of the criticisms are hypocritical. You've listed some football things you didn't like, including a transfer decision from almost a year ago which is, frankly, hilarious. Bizarre.
    My point is that nobody is above criticism, even the boss who in this case is not accountable to shareholders so only has us to tell him what we think is going wrong.
    He is running a football club, so mistakes on the football side should be very much his concern.
    He should also be grateful by the way that his 'customers' are ready to complain when we see something going wrong.
    It is a fact that 9 out of 10 'customers' do not complain about poor service, they just stop using it and tell other people it is s**t. We are the loyal customers who tell the owner when it is s**t. He does not have to listen of course. In which case if it goes wrong even more of us will stop coming.
    Criticism when due is a healthy thing for any business.Especially when the owner is 12000 miles away.
    He needs to know now for example that appointing a new manager above JJ would be a really bad move. Unless he believes the new guy will motivate the players, the crowd and get better results, we will let him know what a very bad decision it was very, very quickly.
    I'm aware of what your point is, I just have no idea of why you tacked it on the end of my post when it's completely irrelevant to it. You've even started talking about Jackson for some reason now. I never said that criticism where it's due is bad, I'm quite clearly talking about the fact Sandgaard seems to automatically get grief for every decision, including for initiatives to fill the stadium and both appointing and not appointing football men in roles at the club. The kind of responses he gets for that kind of stuff he should not be grateful for at all, frankly I wouldn't blame him if he told the fans, many of whom he gave three free tickets each to this weekend after spending millions of pounds of his own money on rescuing the club to fully go fuck themselves after he was compared to Roland for putting his son in a role at the club. There is a reflexive suspicion of his every move that goes far beyond being wary of dodgy owners and firmly into conspiracy territory and it's weird
    Top drawer post Gary.👍👍👍
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Micromanagement isn’t always a bad thing , the point being I think likliehood is Thomas is basing this decision more on failings of messurs, Adkins , Roddy and Gallen who evidently made a right pigs ear of things until Jacko took over.
    I would have thought that TS’s view that we have the best team in the league suggests that he is very happy with Gallen.
  • Options
    Wtf are people worrying about ?
    If I were wealthy enough to buy a football club and my son was into football ofcourse I would give him a job ! I'm not though and that's why my sons are plumbers or electricians as that is what my business does and they work in the business and will one day hopefully take over, that isnt nepotism is life !
  • Options
    We could all be worried if he was unveiled as our new striker ! But the bloke is getting a job in a club that hopefully one day he will own why wouldnt he want to learn the trade ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Spot on. 

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻

You are right, but people do listen closely to AIRMAN, I’ve conversed on here with him and respect his views, however every now and then he throws a little cryptic nugget into the conversation, which does make people presume some things aren’t right. For somebody like myself completely not ITK, it’s not the vibe you want to read when all appears good. I’m not having a go at AIrman when I say this, as in the past he has been right to have doubt(thankfully). Just an observation.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

We are in a minority here because we are winning matches. 
    But you are spot on mate. 
  • Options
    So did anyone see him play for Enfield?
    Was he any good?
    My Enfield supporting mate said he’d be a great acquisition for us and I’m sure there’ll be a YouTube of his best bits along soon