Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Martin Sandgaard to stay in the UK

Comments

• I don’t think MS is here just to make sure A2V is played enough times.
  • We've been shafted enough times to justify the questioning. Not do long ago people were bowing to Southall and thinking we were rich. 

We don't know what's happening behind the boardroom doors and so the questions will remain. And that's ok. 
    Spot on. 
    So when, in your honest opinion, will it be ok to actually enjoy some of the small steps we now seem to be taking?

When the next manager is appointed, so long as it’s JJ or it’s full on meltdown time?

When we get promoted out of this division?

When TS sacrifices his first born in the centre circle to prove he really is the real deal?

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻
    You enjoy it and keep asking questions. There won’t come a moment where you’re suddenly allowed to enjoy it, nor will there be a moment for turning your brain off. 
  • edited November 2021
    We've been shafted enough times to justify the questioning. Not do long ago people were bowing to Southall and thinking we were rich. 

We don't know what's happening behind the boardroom doors and so the questions will remain. And that's ok. 
    Spot on. 
    So when, in your honest opinion, will it be ok to actually enjoy some of the small steps we now seem to be taking?

When the next manager is appointed, so long as it’s JJ or it’s full on meltdown time?

When TS sacrifices his first born in the centre circle to prove he really is the real deal?

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻
    Same old, same old from you then. How tedious for you to be worked up enough to post about me. Again.
  • edited November 2021
    I have not enjoyed a match at the Valley as much as I did yesterday since the Doncaster playoff match. It was noticeable that most of the crowd did not want to leave at the final whistle, so I imagine it was a shared feeling. So yes really enjoying it at the moment

However,  the balance sheet on Sandgaard's regime is not all positive
    Positive:
    He bought the club
    He replaced Bowyer with Adkins and we nearly got in the playoffs
    We bought in some decent players in the summer
    He has let JJ try to prove himself
    Negative:
    He did not buy the Valley or training ground leaving us at the mercy of the mad Belgian.
    We did not get a centre back in January and our defence was terrible for months, costing us a playoff place.
    Our recruitment was way too slow in the Summer.
    We are lacking a natural goalscorer.

So, all good just now, but lets see if he has learned from the mistakes before we get overexcited.

I would want to see:
    JJ appointed. Nobody is a better candidate just now.
    If we are close to the playoffs in January fill the obvious gap and get a goalscorer.
    Appoint a CEO to get a grip on the club ( I don't mind if its his son)
  • So did Thomas essentially say; “my sons never had a real job, I got him a job in marketing for my health electronics company and have paid him to do that for 14-years but luckily enough before that he was the worlds best unknown soccer expert so now I’ve sent him to London to run the footballing side of things at the club”
  • I've said elsewhere, in reply to someone on FB, I see this as a good move. It's time TS got first hand from his son what's happening at the club. I see JJ getting a good working relationship with Sangaard Jnr, and telling him what he needs in the way of players in Jan to keep this run going.
    Sangaard Jnr feeds it directly to his Dad.
    TS has put his money into the club and if he wants his son as the conduit, then so be it.
    I've read elsewhere, FB, that it's a move to get rid of JJ and install his son as manager, what a load of bollocks!!
    Any opportunity by some to knock TS and they make shit up! I mean just think about it, MS is new manager with no experience, no badges and no backing from the fans!! Best way for TS to lose everything...get fucking real, please!

• edited November 2021
    Just to throw it out there, you can enjoy the ride without questioning the owners every word and action. 

Honestly it seems like (especially on twitter) people want Sandgaard out already... Some of those are on here too.

It also seems some of the particularly more vocal people on here are desperate to be proved right that Sandgaard is either not wealthy enough or that he's in it for the wrong reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• We've been shafted enough times to justify the questioning. Not do long ago people were bowing to Southall and thinking we were rich. 

Spot on. 

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻
    Same old, same old from you then. How tedious for you to be worked up enough to post about me. Again.
    Same old same old avoiding the question, again.
    I’m not worked up by you, please don’t flatter yourself.

The only tedious thing is the constant over analysing and negativity of some.
  • Valley11 said:
    We've been shafted enough times to justify the questioning. Not do long ago people were bowing to Southall and thinking we were rich. 

Spot on. 

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻
    You can question things and enjoy the ride.
    You do know that, right? 
    It doesn’t seem that way to me 🤷‍♀️

Not all of us did.
    In fact, very few did.
    Ok, I must have dreamt those songs about 'we're fucking rich' from the choir. Sorry. 

Not all of us sang it.
    In fact, most of us didn’t.
  • If I were Thomas Sandgaard and I felt that my employees in the UK were ignoring my instructions/requests or fobbing me off with bullshit I would:

- On the Commercial/Business side, have a clear out and appoint a competent CEO who has been there and done that in football club leadership. Not my son, even if he did appear to have an understanding of football. Katrien Meire had a basic understanding of football FFS and look what a bollocks she made of the CEO role.

- On the playing side, bin off any or all of Roddy, Gallen, Adkins/Jackson* and replace them (if needed - not convinced we would need to replace Roddy) with people who have the requisite knowledge and skills in football strategy, tactics, academy development, scouting, coaching and team management. Again, Not my son, who at best would have a similar grasp as a reasonably educated fan.

* I don't think for one minute that Jacko is the problem in this case.

If his son is simply going to be around to help out with things as directed by the club leadership, while learning much more about both aspects of club management whilst also providing a useful conduit/communication channel for club employees - that's Ok, PROVIDED club employees have direct access to Thomas when needed. I would not, for example, expect Jacko to have to go through the son to get to Thomas on significant or urgent matters.
  • edited November 2021
    Got to hope with boots on the ground in the uk, hopefully the jan transfer window will do better?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Just to throw it out there, you can enjoy the ride without questioning the owners every word and action. 

Honestly it seems like (especially on twitter) people want Sandgaard out already... Some of those are on here too.

It also seems some of the particularly more vocal people on here are desperate to be proved right that Sandgaard is either not wealthy enough or that he's in it for the wrong reasons.
    Who on here has stated they want TS out because I'm struggling to think of one that I have seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sandgaard appoints experienced football man Ged Roddy - people lose their mind about unproven conspiracy theories over his role and blame him for our impending relegation for signing useless players. Except people are now falling over themselves to praise Dobson and Clare - turns out the signings weren't the problem at all. Though now that the players look good I'm sure Roddy will have had nothing to do with signing them on here. There are complaints that Sandgaard needs a stronger link in England considering he spends most of his time abroad.
    Sandgaard sends his son over to create a stronger link in England - people complain that we haven't put an experienced football man in that role and, incredibly, compare Sandgaard to Roland. I would wager a lot of these people are the same people who somehow managed to find fault in Sandgaard's Fill The Valley initiative, committing the crime of filling the seats that would otherwise have been empty (the bastard), resulting in the team being roared on to a win over the team top of the league and a million photos and comments online about how great it is to see The Valley full again.
    I know that we're all very hyper-aware of things now that we've had so many bad owners in a row, but the negativity that greets every decision made by an owner that actually wants to do right by us is astonishing.
    He did not buy the Valley or training ground leaving us at the mercy of the mad Belgian.
    We did not get a centre back in January and our defence was terrible for months, costing us a playoff place.
    Our recruitment was way too slow in the Summer.
    We are lacking a natural goalscorer.

Good intentions are not enough in business
  • oh the joy oy of social media
  • I read somewhere that TS is intending to push the boat out to strengthen the Womens team in January perhaps Martin is going to be involved with that.
    It must have cost enough to set them up on a full time basis. 

Spot on. 

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻

I don’t know whether it’s a good idea or not. None of us do in fact.
    So I’m certainly not going to try analysing it.
    It’s a fact that it’s going to happen, so let’s all wait and see, might work out for the better or might be a mistake….who knows?
    As for buying a house in Greenwich, I assume this would also be somewhere that Thomas and his partner could stay whilst in The UK…..makes sense.
  • edited November 2021
    IdleHans said:
    It's possible TS is just fed up of MS eating everything in the fridge and is sending him away on a pretext so that he knows his strawberry yogurt will still be there when he gets home from work. 
    Probably the most realistic of the theories.
  • edited November 2021

Spot on. 

When?

Just so we know 🤔🤷‍♀️🙏🏻

Some people are always looking for the next drama. Not saying airman is one of them btw, but there are many especially in the massive world of Twitter.