Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 21/22

Kick-off to the Premier League tonight with Brentford v Arsenal. 

Arsenal have Aubameyang, Lacazette and Nketiah out with illness or injury so they've been forced to start Balogun in his first game up front. 

Brentford XI: Raya, Ajer, Jansson, Pinnock, Canos, Janelt, Norgaard, Onyeka, Henry, Mbeumo, Toney

Arsenal XI: Leno, Chambers, White, Mari, Tierney, Xhaka, Sambi, Smith Rowe, Pepe, Balogun, Martinelli

Comments

• Is Balogun a youngster or new signing? Never heard of him.

Arsenal academy player
  • No Saka either.
    Wish I'd put money on Brentford now 

Youngster with a lot of promise.
  • Didn’t like Brentford in the Championship but am excited to see if they can get up the noses of the established big boys. Feel confident they can cause a few upsets along the way to survival.

Overall it’s just refreshing to see a new name up there rather than the repetitive Norwich, WBA lot…
    Would love to see a Blackburn, Forest, Bolton or even Sheff Wed back up there again. Or Barnsley, Bristol City or even Luton.
  • Wouldnt surprise me at all if Brentford turn Arsenal over tonight. Like alot of people I'm happy to see a different team in the Premiership. I hope they survive but I dont think they will. Really interested to see how Toney gets on this season. It wasnt that long ago we were discussing him potentially coming to us. If he gets a few goals this season it will be another bit of amazing business by Brentford as his value will soar
  • That Arsenal side is horrific
  • No Fosu in Brentford squad. 
  • It's nice to see all the older fans finally getting to see their team in the top division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Brentford will win this 
  • Rothko said:
    Think Brentford will win this 
    3/1 seems very generous 
  • It will be interesting if Brentford win to see the reaction from the Arsenal fans. I was listening to 5 live earlier and loads were phoning up basically writing off this season already. If the get off to a bad start I can see their manager walking. 
  • Rothko said:
    Think Brentford will win this 
    3/1 seems very generous 
    11/2 earlier today before the teams were announced.  I was tempted but left it stupidly 
  • I've had Toney First 1-0 and 2-1
  • Anybody else imagining a packed valley v Arsenal 1st game of the season 
  • Tbf Arsenal haven’t started badly.
  • Pablo Mari is terrible though, Brentford need to target balls in behind him. 
  • Completely irrational but I don’t like Brentford.
  • It’s the sort of game that Arsenal will win 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    i hate Arsenal but I do think Arteta is doing a very good job. 

They needed a huge rebuild, it’s taken a little while, but they have a lot of young talent right now. You can see they are trying to play a good style too.

Top 4 might be stretch, but if they can keep this group together they could be very good the next few years.

1-0 Brentford. Hahaha.
  • Brentford playing a striker/winger at RWB. It'll never catch on.
  • “We are top of the league”
    so good to have fans back
  • It’s the sort of game that Arsenal will win 1-0
    Maybe not! 
  • Ooh, have that!

Good strike, what a shame to see the Woolwich rejects now going down as the answer to a future trivia question.

"Who conceded the first (Premier) League goal at Brentford's new stadium?"
  • It's mad that Arsenal could go into a season thinking Chambers at RB or Mari at CB are fine. 

Xhaka getting a new contract because they're stuck with him too. 

Midtable team for a while now I think. 
  • Pathetic defending from Chambers, dreadful clearance then slow to close the winger down.
  • Pathetic defending from Chambers, dreadful clearance then slow to close the winger down.
    Chambers is absolutely dreadful.