Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 21/22

1888990919294»

Comments

• Options
    Salah definitely thought he'd won it, didn't he?
  • Options
    Spurs are in a fantastic position if Levy backs Conte. No interference with transfers and gives him a decent kitty. That front 3 are probably the most dangerous in the league. Not sure I can see it happening tho.
  • Options
    Nah, think it was relief that they finally got through Wolves, they looked cooked at that point 
  • Options
    He did win it though. Now just 1 behind Thierry Henry's 4 as the all time leading premier league golden boot winner.
  • Options
    Critical of Pep but he brought on Zinchenko and Gundogan and they both won the game for city. So happy.
    He overthinks the CL at times, but domestically they have a great mentality - held off Liverpool by winning all the time in the run-in in 2018-19, for example, then did that today.
    2-0 down at West ham last week and came back (and should've won), then 2-0 down today with 15 minutes left. Nobody can question their mentality.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Exciting last day but did anyone on here not think it was between Liverpool and City with Chelsea 3rd at the beginning of the season?
    United were favourites for 4th with Spurs, Arsenal and West ham fighting for 5 to 7th.
    Kane didn't get his mandatory ankle injury and Harry and Son are magic together so they pinched 4th once Conte stopped them being Spursy with a soft centre. 

Norwich and Watford were always going to be bottom 2. The biggest surprise was Brighton and Everton who most people had in reverse positions.

Some surprise results and Newcastle having Wilson fit eventually and having a new spirit with new owners and Howe meant they stormed up to mid table but the final positions are becoming very predicable.

The premier League is light years away from the Championship and it is moving further away each season. 

Money goes to money and unless the odious Chelsea suffer from having had Putin's fixer in charge for the last two decades, the status quo will stay the same.

The days of Charlton, Burnley or Ipswich etc being the best of the rest in the Premier has gone for ever.

• Options
    Spurs are in a fantastic position if Levy backs Conte. No interference with transfers and gives him a decent kitty. That front 3 are probably the most dangerous in the league. Not sure I can see it happening tho.
    I don’t think they are as good as City or Liverpools front 3, not when Haaland arrived anyway. 
  • Options
    Burnley are screwed. They’ve only really got Pope, Cornet and Weighorst to sell. Even with parachute payments that’s only about 80/90 mil. They’ll need to build a whole new squad cos of the contract players. Unless they get seriously lucky with recruitment and the appointment of a new manager you can easily see them struggling again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burnley are screwed. They’ve only really got Pope, Cornet and Weighorst to sell. Even with parachute payments that’s only about 80/90 mil. They’ll need to build a whole new squad cos of the contract players. Unless they get seriously lucky with recruitment and the appointment of a new manager you can easily see them struggling again. 
    You can definitely add Tarkowski. Wouldn't be surprised if Forrest/Udders take Tarkowski for an experienced defender.
  • Options
    You can definitely add Tarkowski. Wouldn't be surprised if Forrest/Udders take Tarkowski for an experienced defender.
    Contract is expiring I think.
  • Options
    Contract is expiring I think.
    Yep, will be leaving on a free. I think he’ll go Newcastle 
  • Options
    Would make a lot of sense.  Player Newcastle can get offering better wages than the other West Ham, Palace type options he'd have, and won't cost them too much under FFP etc.
  • Options
    Dwight McNeil might get some interest. He's been a PL regular for 3 years now and he's still only 22. 

If only they had a manager who was experienced at operating on a small budget.

Ironically given that Newcastle sent them down, might be the first place they should look for signings. Newcastle will be shifting out a lot of dead wood as they strengthen their squad, players like Matt Ritchie and Dwight Gayle would be ideal for them.
  • Options
    Man City goal difference this season +73
    Man Utd goal difference this season 0
  • Options
    Dwight McNeil might get some interest. He's been a PL regular for 3 years now and he's still only 22. 

If only they had a manager who was experienced at operating on a small budget.

Ironically given that Newcastle sent them down, might be the first place they should look for signings. Newcastle will be shifting out a lot of dead wood as they strengthen their squad, players like Matt Ritchie and Dwight Gayle would be ideal for them.
    I’m not too sure there will be enough in the Burnley kitty even for that. Their owner has to make some pretty enormous loan repayments that fell due on their relegation from he Premier League which will significantly restrict what they are able to spend. 
  • Options
    Burnley are screwed. 
    Does one have to feel sympathy for the northern anti-football mob? asking for a friend ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Burnley are screwed. 
    Does one have to feel sympathy for the northern anti-football mob? asking for a friend ;)
    I won’t if you don’t :smile:
  • Options
    The dangers of over borrowing large sums of cash .. Burnley look to be in big trouble following relegation

Burnley owners seek more loans to help the club cope with debt (msn.com)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder how many people would have predicted that Kane, playing two more games than Son and being the penalty taker too, would score half a dozen goals less than Son? Spookily, the previous season both scored exactly the same number of goals, 23 and 17, but the other way round and Son was the one that played two more games. 

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I feel really depressed about the Chelsea deal going through. 19 titles bought with dirty money. I understand most people on CL don't give a toss. 
  • Options
    I feel really depressed about the Chelsea deal going through. 19 titles bought with dirty money. I understand most people on CL don't give a toss. 
    This new deal i think will actually lead to them coming out of this even better. Boehly part owns the LA Dodgers and the LA Lakers, neither of whom are exactly shy in spending money to strengthen the team. There's a Chelsea fan as part of the new board and they've agreed to set aside 1.75 billion to invest in Stamford Bridge, the academy and the womens team.
  • Options
    Exciting last day but did anyone on here not think it was between Liverpool and City with Chelsea 3rd at the beginning of the season?
    United were favourites for 4th with Spurs, Arsenal and West ham fighting for 5 to 7th.
    Kane didn't get his mandatory ankle injury and Harry and Son are magic together so they pinched 4th once Conte stopped them being Spursy with a soft centre. 

Norwich and Watford were always going to be bottom 2. The biggest surprise was Brighton and Everton who most people had in reverse positions.

Some surprise results and Newcastle having Wilson fit eventually and having a new spirit with new owners and Howe meant they stormed up to mid table but the final positions are becoming very predicable.

The premier League is light years away from the Championship and it is moving further away each season. 

Money goes to money and unless the odious Chelsea suffer from having had Putin's fixer in charge for the last two decades, the status quo will stay the same.

The days of Charlton, Burnley or Ipswich etc being the best of the rest in the Premier has gone for ever.

Can tell you support Charlton, proper glass half empty post. You could spin it the other way with there being so much drama and dependent on the last set of fixtures, also for City to hold of a Liverpool team that were on fire. Personally i think its been a great season, hard to predict but in the end you probably could have as you write. 

So happy Liverpool didn't win, also still not sure i want them or Madrid as hate them both but at least with Madrid we wont hear about it. 

Liverpool and City so far ahead of the rest, probably will be for years the way it is looking. 
  • Options
    Naturally the signing of Haaland has grabbed all the headlines but City's signing of Julian Alvarez could prove to be even better value.

Still only 22, he's won the Copa America, the Argentine league, Copa Libertadores (south american champions league), was top scorer in Argentina last season, is the current south american footballer of the year and last night he scored SIX in a Libertadores game. 

His cost. 20m. That's less than you'd pay for a decent championship striker.
  • Options
    Naturally the signing of Haaland has grabbed all the headlines but City's signing of Julian Alvarez could prove to be even better value.

Still only 22, he's won the Copa America, the Argentine league, Copa Libertadores (south american champions league), was top scorer in Argentina last season, is the current south american footballer of the year and last night he scored SIX in a Libertadores game. 

I can see him being one of those that City use a bit sparingly at first and then in 18 months or so he looks absokute class.
  • Options

I can see him being one of those that City use a bit sparingly at first and then in 18 months or so he looks absokute class.
    That's the advantage the likes of City have, they can afford to take punts on future potential

And young players will be happy to wait their turn, as under Pep and City they improve
  • Options

He was originally supposed to be signing at the end of the south american season (end of the year) and come after the world cup. City have paid an extra 1.5m for him to arrive this summer instead, so they obviously plan to use him.

I think you're right though, can't see him playing too much unless a) he's amazing in training/pre-season b) Sterling or Mahrez leave.
  • Options
    Pablo Mari is terrible though, Brentford need to target balls in behind him. 
    BBC News - One dead and Arsenal star hurt in Italy stabbing