Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    Pundits are going a bit overboard saying how well Lampard has done, superb job to keep them up etc. They were 15th when he took over.........they're now 16th. If he was foreign they'd be slating him.

Can't deny that he's got the fans on board as it was pretty toxic when Benitez was there, but he hasn't really done a great job on the pitch at all. He's taken 20 points from 17 games.
    This.

He they was 16th with 2 games in hand when he took over.
    They’re now 16th with 0 games in hand.

How, on gods earth is he being branded a success, which he is on talksport etc.

To be fair I think the hype is because of the late momentum that has got them out of trouble. As for the comparison in places before and after he took over, Everton had 19 points from their first 20 games but were also on a run under Benitez of one win and a miserable 6 points from their previous 14 games. They were only heading in one direction under Benitez so the 20 points from 17 under Lampard is, relatively speaking, a massive improvement and has been the difference between them staying up and going down. 
    Slightly changed my tune on this, saw a table this morning that only showed the league standings if it started from when Lamps took over, they were 12th with a side very low on confidence, so he’s actually done a fairly decentish job.
  • Options
    FINAL DAY

Title: Man City 1/7, Liverpool 5/1

Top 4: Spurs 1/25, Arsenal 14/1

Top 6: Man Utd 1/4, West Ham 11/4

Relegation: Leeds 4/11, Burnley 2/1

Top Scorer: Salah 1/2, Son 6/4

Whilst each thing up for grabs has 1 side heavy favourites it feels unlikely that there won’t be a twist or two along the way.

Regardless of what you THINK will happen, what about the results you’d LIKE to happen?

Man City, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds and Son for me.
  • Options
    City to win. Leeds to go down. Don’t care about the others 
  • Options
    FINAL DAY

Title: Man City 1/7, Liverpool 5/1

Top 4: Spurs 1/25, Arsenal 14/1

Top 6: Man Utd 1/4, West Ham 11/4

Relegation: Leeds 4/11, Burnley 2/1

Top Scorer: Salah 1/2, Son 6/4

Whilst each thing up for grabs has 1 side heavy favourites it feels unlikely that there won’t be a twist or two along the way.

Regardless of what you THINK will happen, what about the results you’d LIKE to happen?

Man City, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds and Son for me.

I remember Liverpool being 5/1 with skybet to win the 21/22 premier League last year before a ball was even kicked.

• Options
    Leeds gambling on their front two.  Haven't got much choice though.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Leeds score and Burnley concede in a matter of minutes. Huge swing

edit: Leeds goal ruled out but still safe as it stands
  • Options
    Game on!!!
  • Options
    Come on City, don't do this.
  • Options
    City choking it away… still a lot of football to be played though.
  • Options
    Scousers league 
    spurs champions league 
    West Ham europa 

fuck off ffs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Liverpool will beat Real, so this is the day that the quadruple we'll never, ever hear the end of needs to be stopped.
  • Options
    Scousers league 
    spurs champions league 
    West Ham europa 

fuck off ffs 
    Don’t forget Leeds staying up as well!
  • Options
    Cmon Brentford! 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Grew up with Liverpool being serial chokers so don’t have the same hatred for them as others. Would prefer them winning over Etihad FC.

Similarly, will never not enjoy Arsenal and Man U being disappointed so Spurs top four and West Ham top six at their expense is fine by me.

I also think I’d prefer Leeds in the Premier League over Burnley as well so from my perspective, the results as they are work for me.
  • Options
    If City throw this away, do you start asking questions about Pep? 

• Options
    Croydon said:

His inability to not sign a centre forward to replace Aguero has remained a mystery to me (haaland obvs coming in summer). 
  • Options
    Michael Oliver has to get on top of the time-wasting. Keeper was timewasting from the 10th minute ffs!

• Options
    Croydon said:

Not really. It’s not as if replacing him with someone of anywhere near the same calibre is a possibility. 

And if we wasn’t living in a time where Liverpool have a side who are also super-human, then City would be winning this league with about a month to go
  • Options
    Croydon said:

His inability to not sign a centre forward to replace Aguero has remained a mystery to me (haaland obvs coming in summer). 
    Yeah this is it for me. Playing with a handicap almost just to prove point
  • Options
    How the hell do you have the bottle to take that, like that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Nick Pope on his way to the East end unless Brentford score two goals to beat Leeds.
  • Options
    Ffs City, don’t throw it away to the scousers 
  • Options
    Nick Pope on his way to the East end unless Brentford score two goals to beat Leeds.
    Burnley getting relegated will hopefully be good for our transfer budget this summer…
  • Options
    Regardless if City equalise or not a Liverpool goal wins them the title. So City need 2. 

Burnley 2 down means Leeds just need to avoid defeat. 

An entire season comes down to the last 25 minutes. Madness
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    City 2 down

Get that trophy in the helicopter to Anfield
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I said  ages ago that this false number 9 could cost City when it comes down to the wire and semi finals of Champions League.
    No problems most weeks.
  • Options
    Save us Wolves, you’re our only hope. 
  • Options
    10 years on Man City need another come from behind 3-2 home win to clinch the title.
  • Options
    Can't believe they are both fucking this up.
  • Options
    Liverpool are going to win the bloody quadruple, aren't they?