Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 21/22

Comments

• 2nd place trophy for Man Utd this season. 
  • Leeds are set up to let United play through them though. 

Wish Bielsa sometimes wouldn't be so stubborn and tighten up at the back against the bigger teams. 
  • Judging from the Burnley v Brighton game, refs are now terrified to use VAR to disallow goals. 
  • Judging from the Burnley v Brighton game, refs are now terrified to use VAR to disallow goals. 
    Good stuff
  • https://streamable.com/hmycqi 

Literally pushes a man over and scores. Weird one not to be disallowed. 
  • Adam Armstrong scores on his debut for Southampton.

Finally showing the promise he showed as an England youngster, although never really got an opportunity at Newcastle 
  • https://streamable.com/hmycqi 

Literally pushes a man over and scores. Weird one not to be disallowed. 
    More a case of get on the weights.

The Brighton player who fell over also put his hands on Tarkowski. If Tarkowski would have fell over would it be a penalty?
    Wondering if I would happier to have them actually win it and end the ManC/Liverpool dominance.
  • Chelsea 2-0 up against Palace. Keep going lads!
    3-0👍
  • Sponsored links:

Wondering if I would happier to have them actually win it and end the ManC/Liverpool dominance.
    Wouldn't mind it that much, different winner, not Liverpool and Solskjaer is likeable.  Won't happen though.
  • This has been a great game, thought Leeds looked all at sea first half but the second has been worse for them. Glad to see Fernandes carry on his form 
    Fernandes is obviously a good player but i can't help but feel he's a bit of a flat track bully.

Will bury 2-3 goals against Leeds and the likes of Newcastle, Brighton and relegation sides, but generally goes missing in the big games (and by those i mean against the other top 6 sides). He did nothing in the Europa league final when United needed him and you'd struggle to remember that he was even playing in the Euro's.
  • Great moment for Chalobah, been at Chelsea since he was 8, had a few loans, making his league debut today and scores a great goal against Palace.
  • edited August 2021
    Re: Bruno Fernandes  
    Only had a quick look but in league games against the 5 teams from the “big 6” he has 4 goals and 2 assists from 13 games.
    In 12 games against Villa, Everton, Leeds and Brighton he has 15 goals and 5 assists.
  • Also, completely unrelated but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player moan so much. Not today but over the last 18 months non stop moaning. 
  • Also, completely unrelated but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player moan so much. Not today but over the last 18 months non stop moaning. 
    Zaha would run him close methinks
    The new John Robinson  ;)
  • Random gripe, Norwich's shorts are the wrong shade of green
  • Reckon you might as well relegate Norwich now zzz
  • edited August 2021
    Reckon you might as well relegate Norwich now zzz
    Does everyone in East Anglia want a year off to prepare for the inevitable derby next year? 
    Norwich already down and Ipswich already up, apparently.
    😉

• Sponsored links:

• One thing i've noticed is that the PL has reverted to 3 subs only, but the other top leagues (Spain, France, Germany. Italy hasn't started yet) have all kept to 5 subs.

No doubt we'll hear Guardiola and Klopp moaning about this come the winter.
    they are off to a flyer .. could it be their turn for the top .. at last ?

Finally showing the promise he showed as an England youngster, although never really got an opportunity at Newcastle 
    Southampton will be down near the bottom his season I reckon ..  they have long survived on selling on cheap buys and developing then selling on the best home produced players .. they have now sold their best two defenders and look very vulnerable all across the team despite having the two Armstrongs
  • edited August 2021
    Newcastle v West Ham is a cracker. Both teams looking to get forward at every opportunity. St Max for Newcastle was mesmeric against Rice who was bemused by the Saint before his great cross for Wilson to score. West Ham equalised with a well worked goal by Cresswell which could have been offside at 3 different points in the goal but VAR showed it was a legit goal.

Great play again by the home team and fantastic cross by Richie for Jacob Murphy to score his first goal at St James with a placed header.

Two teams trying to get forward with minimal pass backs so far. Freddie Woodman finally making his premier League debut after two seasons on loan at Swansea.
  • 2-2 another great floating cross by the impressive Antonio into the 6 yard box and Bernahma with a tidy finish.
  • Oh that was poor from Newcastle...

Where were their runners to anticipate a penalty save from the Goalkeeper

3 years ago Newcastle had both him and Ivan Toney. They sold both for a combined 2.4m.

3 years ago Newcastle had both him and Ivan Toney. They sold both for a combined 2.4m.

• Great finish from Antonio - Last year may not have been a flash in the pan season for them