Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Ipswich v Charlton | Sat 28 Nov 2020

edited November 2020 in General Charlton
Back to winning ways. And a clean sheet to boot.

More injury worries, with Smyth damaging his knee.

Over to you.

Comments

• Bogle And The Beast, both staring rolls.. on to wednesday we go ;)
  • Bogle’s goal came within minutes (seconds?) of him coming on the pitch (ohhh er). He must have been buzzing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great result. Ipswich looked pony and even with no centre backs in the team we still looked comfortable.

Albie MOTM
  • edited November 2020
    In all seriousness a great response to the Burton match where it was noticeable how quicker and dynamic we were in and out of possession. 

Made up for Albie who is going from strength to strength, and Omar for getting his first goal. Also think that was Watson's best game for us.

Now how do we look that comfortable against teams who sit back against us and let us have possession?
  • Watson looked better in the second half vs Burton and certainly now looks like he's up to speed at last.

Maatsen will be a big miss on Wednesday not just as a left-back but potentially as a midfielder - we're getting a lot of injuries there. Hopefully someone like JFC is fit again by then
  • I wasn’t actually worried about this pre match. Always more concerned when the opposition sit back and we have to try and break them down. 

A very professional performance. Miles better than that rubbish on Tuesday night. 

Injury to Symth was only major disappointment looked a bad one. 

Plenty of positives to take as we move into 3rd position.
  • Brilliant performance, that loss against Burton looks to have woken the lads up and they've realised they can't just coast to victories in this league.

Watson and Chuks looked good today but my MotM has to be Albie Morgan. Looks like a much improved player and is doing everything we need him to and more.

Now to have a few beers 🍺 cheers
  • Back to a clean sheet is superb after last weeks disappointments. 

Morgan and Bogle first league goals. 

Hopefully Smyth and Williams injuries not too bad, as I thought both brought a lot to the game today. 
  • From Twitter Smyth’s knee had a gash and was bleeding - could he have been stood on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Perfect response to Tuesday. Hope Smyth's injury isn't too serious
  • What a result that is. 2-0 away from home against a real promotion rival. Up to 3rd, a game in hand over 2nd. First goal for Bogle, some good performances from some maligned players and another clean sheet despite not having any centre halves on the pitch. What more can you ask for? Only downside is Smyth’s injury. I hope he’s ok as I’ve been really impressed with him so far
  • Fantastic start under our new dear leader Craig Freeman. 
    Is he not a dentist?
  • Great result. 
    Mini blip over