Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We're going back to The Valley, hopefully.......Doncaster Rovers, 19th September 2020....

Been mentioned that some supporters should be allowed back in against Doncaster Rovers. 

All news, updates......

Comments

• The club will host a test event which will likely be our game against Doncaster Rovers at The Valley on September 19th, if approved by the authorities, and the stadium is set to open to up to 8,200 supporters for games in October as per present government guidelines.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f5117cdacfa9/update-on-ticket-purchasing-to-get-supporters-back-at-the-valley
  • From the OS:

Charlton season tickets will go off sale temporarily at 5pm on Thursday, September 10th to allow a seating plan to be put in place that follows government COVID-related restrictions.

The updated seating plan will allow supporters to sit with friends and family and will still comply with Sports Ground Safety Authority and government restrictions.

Season tickets will go back on sale the following week, once the updated seating plan is completed, with supporters having the ability to purchase in social groups from a fixed seating plan, which will include the Jimmy Seed Stand. 

Season tickets will initially be capped at 7,000 to allow some match-to-match purchasers. Supporters are encouraged to purchase in friends and family bubbles, as the more fans purchasing in social bubbles, the more room there will be for additional supporters to be able to get in to watch games.

The club will host a test event which will likely be our game against Doncaster Rovers at The Valley on September 19th, if approved by the authorities, and the stadium is set to open to up to 8,200 supporters for games in October as per present government guidelines.

Season tickets will go off sale on September 25th to allow for distribution of ticket cards ahead of the first game in October.

Supporters should be aware that owing to the Covid restrictions, they may not be placed in the season-ticket seat that they initially purchased but where supporters have been moved, the ticket office will look to place them as close to their original seat as possible and will ensure they are sitting in at least the same zone as the ticket they purchased.

Supporters who have already purchased a season ticket are advised to fill out the social bubble survey by September 6th, to give the club the best opportunity to get as many people into the stadium as possible

The club’s intention is to keep the seating plan as flexible as possible throughout the opening months of the season, so it can evolve as government restrictions do.

Supporters should also be aware that all seat records from season-ticket purchases last season will be retained, so fans will have the opportunity to return to their preferred seat when government restrictions are lifted.

To manage the setting up of the seating plan, the ticket office phone lines will be open on Thursday, September 10th but closed on Friday, September 11th.

• Question:

Is the fact that the OS announce that season tickets will be taken off sale 1 day and 1 hour after the possible result of the Court appeal significant ?
  • How many are likely to renew if the takeover happens? I will. 
  • How many are likely to renew if the takeover happens? I will. 
    I'm paranoid at the best of times.....just wondering if TS doesn't take over on Wednesday, how many people will sign up to season tickets because of the 25 hour deadline for attending a match. 
  • edited September 2020
    Relegation and COVID combined I think we'll have a maximum of 6,000 season ticket holders.
  • We’ve got rumoured somewhere between 3500–4000 season ticket holders currently, I don’t think we will sell another 3000 as it would rely on people suddenly wanting to buy one - which I do not think there is, covid football isn’t going to be great sat on your own, no pre match pub etc: 
  • Pubs are open though
  • edited September 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Pubs are open though
    Yeah socially distanced and usually table bookings only, my new watering hole will be the gate clock in Greenwich it’s a spoons so seem the best equipped for the covid rules, went to the sir Richard Compton in Bromley Friday evening for a swift before heading to the bricklayers and it was the most normal pub I’ve been in.
    plus we’ve now lost the swan there are 3 pubs in local vicinity of Charlton 
    1 of which being the oak which I find to be a shithole
  • Anyone know when the club are sending out season tickets?
  • Sponsored links:

They go off sale on the 25th September to allow for the distribution of season tickets I think, but I get the impression it'll be a series of individual match tickets instead
    Read somewhere they won’t be sending them out. Will be individual e-tickets per match. Cannot remember where I read this.
  • edited September 2020
    Anyone know when the club are sending out season tickets?
    Cant see them sending anything out. Once they do a seating plan it will be print at home on a match by match basis I would imagine. 
  • edited September 2020
    can I buy a set of tickets for my family yet ? or will this just he for season ticketers
  • can I buy a set of tickets for my family yet ? or will this just he for season ticketers

OS still not advertising any games:

------------------------------------------

Home Games

Tickets for the home games currently on sale are shown below.

Simply choose the game you would like to attend, and go through the purchase process.

NO EVENTS FOUND
    Cant see them sending anything out. Once they do a seating plan it will be print at home on a match by match basis I would imagine. 
    I can't see that, not everybody has access to a printer.
  • edited September 2020
    Anyone know when the club are sending out season tickets?
    I can't see that, not everybody has access to a printer.
    on the questionnaire it stated you would not be in your normal seat, how would you access the ticket the option was print at home, phone or both. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Pubs are open though
    Yeah socially distanced and usually table bookings only, my new watering hole will be the gate clock in Greenwich it’s a spoons so seem the best equipped for the covid rules, went to the sir Richard Compton in Bromley Friday evening for a swift before heading to the bricklayers and it was the most normal pub I’ve been in.
    plus we’ve now lost the swan there are 3 pubs in local vicinity of Charlton 
    1 of which being the oak which I find to be a shithole
    Anchor and Hope will be the choice for its outdoor space
  • ROD has a bit of land outside. 
  • Wonder if the plans will change with the new social gathering protocols in place from Monday.

Will sporting events be the next to see a change 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if the plans will change with the new social gathering protocols in place from Monday.

Likely to postpone the crowd experiments
  • sam3110 said:
    Wonder if the plans will change with the new social gathering protocols in place from Monday.

Likely to postpone the crowd experiments
    All so boring....
  • Can’t see how they can say no more than 6 people can get together and then allow 6,000 fans into a football stadium.
    The sooner there is a vaccine the better. 
  • Do wonder how the lower league clubs will react if they stop fans coming through the door. Surely can’t afford to pay wages with no income coming via the turnstiles. 
  • Can’t see how they can say no more than 6 people can get together and then allow 6,000 fans into a football stadium.
    The sooner there is a vaccine the better. 
    Yep, queuing to get in/refreshments/toilets/club shop.
    It'll be impossible to police, all so difficult.
  • If they don't open up grounds to fans many clubs will not survive this. 

They need to open up grounds BUT it is our responsibility to police ourselves with social distancing, wash hands, wear mask etc. 
    Too many idiots going to seriously consider this.

Maybe ban the young (super spreaders) and the old (vulnerable) and just allow 30-60 year olds in the stadium.
  • PopIcon said:
    If they don't open up grounds to fans many clubs will not survive this. 

They need to open up grounds BUT it is our responsibility to police ourselves with social distancing, wash hands, wear mask etc. 
    Too many idiots going to seriously consider this.

Maybe ban the young (super spreaders) and the old (vulnerable) and just allow 30-60 year olds in the stadium.
    I'd initially let in the over 50's to The Valley, that should still ensure we reach the 6/8k capacity.
    Into the bargain I would expect respect to distancing is maintained.