Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're going back to The Valley, hopefully.......Doncaster Rovers, 19th September 2020....

Comments

• Options
    If they don't open up grounds to fans many clubs will not survive this. 

They need to open up grounds BUT it is our responsibility to police ourselves with social distancing, wash hands, wear mask etc. 
    you and that gimp mask
  • Options

They need to open up grounds BUT it is our responsibility to police ourselves with social distancing, wash hands, wear mask etc. 
    you and that gimp mask
    Sorry mate she said you was not due home from work for another hour 
  • Options

you and that gimp mask
    Sorry mate she said you was not due home from work for another hour 
    thanks for waiting
  • Options
    Hopefully, but I imagine the numbers will be reduced from the 30% of capacity figure. 
  • Options
    I really don't see attending lasting long. My mrs works at probation and they're preparing for another lockdown, its a government job so I'd presume that request came from somewhere. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I really don't see attending lasting long. My mrs works at probation and they're preparing for another lockdown, its a government job so I'd presume that request came from somewhere. 
    A non political comment, but everything depends on the furlough scheme. If that stops then can’t see how they stop attendance. Too many businesses rely on sports industries for them to survive. For example I believe the Millwall ticket office staff are still on furlough.
  • Options
    Go ahead for up to 1000 fans has been given to EFL clubs on Saturday. ( from sky sports news) 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54158891

The English Football League will continue to stage pilots with up to 1,000 fans at matches this weekend, following approval from the government.
  • Options
    And we wonder why people dont follow the rules.
    A day after the rule of 6 came in, we are continuing with the 1000 pilot scheme.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    chilham said:
    clb74 said:
    A day after the rule of 6 came in, we are continuing with the 1000 pilot scheme.
    This with 1000 people in a stadium holding 27,000 - all seated facing the pitch, in the open air....not sure where the potential risk is....?

Most will get there via public transport
    Thats where the risk is
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Get the shorts on mate. Its happening we are coming back. 
  • Options
    chilham said:
    clb74 said:
    This with 1000 people in a stadium holding 27,000 - all seated facing the pitch, in the open air....not sure where the potential risk is....?

Thats where the risk is
    People can still use public transport, even with the "rule of 6".

All it really means, in the case of football stadiums, is that no more than 6 people could sit together......without, I suppose, 2 metres in between the next block of 6. Seeing as many fans attend in groups of between 2 & 4 I would imagine it would be very easy to seat 1000 fans in just one or two stands.

Cant see it being a problem really. 
  • Options
    chilham said:
    clb74 said:

Thats where the risk is
    People can still use public transport, even with the "rule of 6".

All it really means, in the case of football stadiums, is that no more than 6 people could sit together......without, I suppose, 2 metres in between the next block of 6. Seeing as many fans attend in groups of between 2 & 4 I would imagine it would be very easy to seat 1000 fans in just one or two stands.

Cant see it being a problem really. 
    Try getting a train out when there's 8000 people though and staying 6ft apart, the queue will stretch all the way to The Valley
  • Options
    The biggest issues are concourses, exiting, entering and people pushing past you to go for a beer, to the toilet.
  • Options
    I don't envy anyone working at Charlton or any other club trying to administer this. Picking 1000 people will be hard enough, never mind seating them at a suitable distance without bearing ludicrous costs (by using every stand for example)
  • Options
    The biggest issues are concourses, exiting, entering and people pushing past you to go for a beer, to the toilet.
    It's highly unlikely bars or toilets will be open.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Shorts mate?
    Id need a nappy if i was getting there 2 hours before kick off with no toilets open.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Shorts mate?
    Id need a nappy if i was getting there 2 hours before kick off with no toilets open.

You can have some of mine.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    You will have to have the toilets open.
  • Options
    chilham said:
    clb74 said:
    Certainly far less risk than the game I was at last night (Hendon v Brentford Bees). About 500 in a ground that probably holds 1500. Was actually quite difficult to find a decent bit of space because it was just a pitch barrier and no terracing. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Toilets have to be open if they are expecting people to arrive 2 hours before a game and spend 4 hours in the ground. 
    Two hours before the game? Surely that is incorrect.
    Someone told me that football clubs are considering bringing refreshments (including alcohol) to your sea via an app.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Toilets have to be open if they are expecting people to arrive 2 hours before a game and spend 4 hours in the ground. 
    Someone told me that football clubs are considering bringing refreshments (including alcohol) to your sea via an app.
    I may be slightly exaggerating, but there was definitely talk of people arriving and taking seats far earlier than is normal, so that there's not a rush and big queues.

As for drink to seats, fk knows how they deliver them to your seat if youre in the middle of a row ! Should just be pre order via a app and collect at a certain time. 
  • Options

That would require a change in the law. Probably not a top priority at the moment
  • Options
    chilham said:
    clb74 said:
    🤡

the risk will be on many surfaces, people circulating through the pinch points, entrances, exits, bogs, vomitoria and the tiny %age of self-important fuckwit narcissist trouble making twats who continue to defy common sense and civic responsibility.
    It only takes one unguarded sneeze from an infected individual and all bets are off.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I may be slightly exaggerating, but there was definitely talk of people arriving and taking seats far earlier than is normal, so that there's not a rush and big queues.

As for drink to seats, fk knows how they deliver them to your seat if youre in the middle of a row ! Should just be pre order via a app and collect at a certain time. 
    Alternate rows are empty, so they just walk along the row in front of your seat. At the rugby games they have an app and there's a QR code on the back of the seat in front. You scan the code, place your order and it's brought to your seat. Sounds fantastically civilised, except the rugger buggers get to drink a nice pint in their seat whilst we'll be limited to 3 quid bottles of pop