Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're going back to The Valley, hopefully.......Doncaster Rovers, 19th September 2020....

Comments

• Options

Just off the phone with the club.

Delighted to say the first batch of people selected to attend this Test event game v Doncaster will be ST holders who are additionally both signed up members of the Supporters Trust and with an active Charlton Life account.

Email will be going out tomorrow to ask for CL user names CAST membership numbers and re-confirm bubble details and will need to be replied to by cob Tuesday. @HenryIrving and @Pico will be onsite at The Valley next Wednesday to provide authenticity cross checks.

Those selected will receive email confirmation from the club next Wednesday PM / Thursday AM.

Football's coming home...

But......I haven't got a season ticket yet !
  • Options
    Can’t see how they can say no more than 6 people can get together and then allow 6,000 fans into a football stadium.
    The sooner there is a vaccine the better. 
    Yep, queuing to get in/refreshments/toilets/club shop.
    It'll be impossible to police, all so difficult.
    Harlequins had a few thousand at their last home game as a trial .. refreshments had to be pre-ordered and were brought to your seat (very civilised) I doubt that there was a 'seat potty service' though ((:>)
  • Options
    Doncaster racecourse opened to fans today for the start of 4 days racing. Just been told after today the rest are to be behind closed doors. 

Not looking likely football will be allowed back in October at this rate. If this is the case it could be curtains for many clubs unless some sort of help is handed out. 

• Options
    Doncaster racecourse opened to fans today for the start of 4 days racing. Just been told after today the rest are to be behind closed doors. 

Not looking likely football will be allowed back in October at this rate. If this is the case it could be curtains for many clubs unless some sort of help is handed out. 

that is bad news
  • Options

that is bad news
    It'll be like this for however long, stop start, stop start.
    Apart from other things, an administrative nightmare.
  • Options

Rules in place for test events in Scotland this weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54087674
  • Options
    edited September 2020

You will have to take your mask off to check your ID.
  • Options

Just off the phone with the club.

Delighted to say the first batch of people selected to attend this Test event game v Doncaster will be ST holders who are additionally both signed up members of the Supporters Trust and with an active Charlton Life account.

Email will be going out tomorrow to ask for CL user names CAST membership numbers and re-confirm bubble details and will need to be replied to by cob Tuesday. @HenryIrving and @Pico will be onsite at The Valley next Wednesday to provide authenticity cross checks.

Those selected will receive email confirmation from the club next Wednesday PM / Thursday AM.

Football's coming home...

WUM

• Options

No shouting, singing or chanting 

Yeah that will work
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No shouting, singing or chanting 

Yeah that will work
    Yeah I give the referee two seconds after making a mistake before I forget that one!!
  • Options
    We'll all be singing "is this a library?"

Wait, no we won't 
  • Options
    We will need to find out how to sign "The referee's a wanker". Anyone know a good BSL teacher?      
  • Options
    Didn't sound hopeful that this will go ahead after listening to the PM this afternoon.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Looks to me the % allowed into grounds will be reduced.
  • Options
    Could well be. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    MattF said:
    If pilot schemes have been reduced to 1k then thats going to be great for the likes of Charlton who have no doubt prepared for more fans to attend the Doncaster game, which no doubt includes contacting those people 
  • Options
    Although not satisfactory for clubs outside the money league, this season will have been easier for ticket offices to not sell season tickets and only sell tickets 7 days before a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    After the farce at Doncaster racecourse with just 24hrs notice I think this will set the trend and cant see fans be let in to stadiums any time soon especially after boris and his lastest guidelines today
  • Options
    Posted on another thread:

Not important but my mate was 4th official on the Fulham vs Cambridge game last night which had fans in attendance, no singing or shouting, face masks to be worn throughout and you have to leave in sections. This was a crowd of 800.
  • Options
    So if the Valley is covid safe and you are restricted to your bubble of no more than 6 with social distancing with mask then could we potentially still be allowed in? 
  • Options
    Might as well watch the games on TV then. be like going to the cinema. No shouting? So when Bonne scores a screamer we all just sit and applaud? Yeah, right, good luck with that! Let's be honest, this Covid thing is ongoing, there will not be a vaccine for years (if ever); professional football -indeed most sport as we know it -could wither and die.
    If I was Mr Sandgaard I'd be having second thoughts right now.
  • Options
    I fear for the future of the 'entertainment industry' the longer we go on without a vaccine.
    As for football, a season of SERIOUSLY affected attendances and loss of revenue could see a few clubs be in danger of going bust.
  • Options
    I fear for the future of the 'entertainment industry' the longer we go on without a vaccine.
    As for football, a season of SERIOUSLY affected attendances and loss of revenue could see a few clubs be in danger of going bust.
    That is why we really need to get a balance of getting on and living a semi normal life in Covid times while adhering to the measures in place. 

There lies the problem.
  • Options
    The Cambridge Utd v Carlisle test event on Saturday has been cancelled. 2,000 tickets had been issued and, whilst they were told they could admit 1,000 spectators, the club decided after consultation with the authorities that the logistics would be too difficult at this stage. The game will now be played behind closed doors.

https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/2020/september/carlisle-pilot-off/

Bad news all round. I wonder if a pilot against Donny on 19 September will go ahead. I suspect not.