Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We're going back to The Valley, hopefully.......Doncaster Rovers, 19th September 2020....

Comments

• You can't really blame Luton, but surely the EFL have some grasp of requirements needed to stage a match ...... don't they?

• clive said:

Luton Town Football Club would like to clarify the situation with regards to the ‘return of fans’ pilot programme starting this weekend.

On Tuesday at around midday, having received an email from the EFL asking for clubs to volunteer to take part, we put ourselves forward. We responded within the hour because, like many clubs, we are desperate to have our supporters back inside Kenilworth Road.

To stage a game with supporters here would take a lot of preparation time, and unfortunately, despite asking again from very early this morning, we had heard nothing from the League until a few minutes before they issued their statement stating that we were one of the clubs taking part.

Sadly, this does not give us enough time to get ready so we are unable to host spectators here for the Derby match.

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2020/september/pilot-programme-statement/

It's not the EFL's fault .....
  • Think that's fair enough, better to do it properly rather than rush it, get it wrong and then get an outbreak of this poxy virus putting everything back months.
  • Davo55 said:
    There's something about a shortage of tickets that makes even the nicest, generous, mild mannered Charlton fans into selfish bastards :wink:
    I realise you were saying in jest but like every game where there is a shortage of tickets It could  all be avoided if The club announced how they plan to allocate. I would like to think they have worked out how this would work if they got the go ahead.

Once they announce then the real moaning can start.

season ticket holder. Over 700 Loyalty points and Valley Gold 😉
  • Over 5k season ticket holders now so you have a 1 in 5 chance.
  • Davo55 said:
    Season ticket holder. First match November 1960. Always wear red pants on a match day. Have trained my pubes into a decent replica of Killer's Beard. That should be me in straight away.
    Unfortunately mine are more like Dowman’s terrible perm😩
  • Davo55 said:
    Season ticket holder. First match November 1960. Always wear red pants on a match day. Have trained my pubes into a decent replica of Killer's Beard. That should be me in straight away.
    Unfortunately mine are more like Dowman’s terrible perm😩
    Some poor bastard will have Claus Jensen
  • Sponsored links:

• this has got massive hoo-ha wrote all over it.

Feel sorry for the poor office kids having to work this all out at short notice

• PopIcon said:
    The biggest issues are concourses, exiting, entering and people pushing past you to go for a beer, to the toilet.
    It's highly unlikely bars or toilets will be open.
    Where are people going to smoke?
  • edited September 2020
    PopIcon said:
    The biggest issues are concourses, exiting, entering and people pushing past you to go for a beer, to the toilet.
    In your seat, no one in front or behind you Tocomplain.. so happy days. Can rack up your lines on the empty seat next to you too. 
  • shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    In your seat, no one in front or behind you complain.. so happy days. Can rack up your lines on the empty seat next to you too. 
    Who's going to be the first to moan about "the bloke behind me"....... ?
  • I'd love to go back to the Valley, but in all honesty only with my mates and when we can have a beer etc. (I realise that may be some time away)

Yes I renewed my ST, but if offered an individual ticket I'd say no thanks
  • shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    In your seat, no one in front or behind you complain.. so happy days. Can rack up your lines on the empty seat next to you too. 
    Just as a stay ball smacks against the seat.
  • If I'm not one of the lucky ones selected, CAFC need to know that I shall be applying for an injunction and the game will probably be postponed until November.
    I'll be pleading my case to Judge Jason Pearce
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously i know that we need to get fans back into grounds asap, but to me i think that going to watch a game at the Valley with just 1k fans there spread out across 2 stands will be utter shit.
  • edited September 2020
    Obviously i know that we need to get fans back into grounds asap, but to me i think that going to watch a game at the Valley with just 1k fans there spread out across 2 stands will be utter shit.
    Whats our average cup attendance for home games

Edit: was around 4.5k home fans for West Brom in the FA Cup
  • Injunction request submitted.

Seriously, it looks like the club have made an excellent decision.
  • Oggy Red said:
    shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Who's going to be the first to moan about "the bloke behind me"....... ?
    guaranteed it will be the miserable fat neck prick in front of me who spends half the game standing up swearing at all and sundry who politely ask him to sit the fuck down you selfish moron
  • If we have ValleyCash left over from last season will we be able to use that?  Or has that been spirited away?  I can't log in to my account to find out, which is odd.
  • Obviously i know that we need to get fans back into grounds asap, but to me i think that going to watch a game at the Valley with just 1k fans there spread out across 2 stands will be utter shit.
    I've been to those paint trophy and minor cup games too
    Quite possibly. 
    But I am desperate to go.
    It's been to long.
  • So if you have a pre-22 Aug ST, and a child on your Friends and Family linked relationships with a pre-22 Aug ST, can you buy tickets for both of you, or can you only buy one for yourself?
    I've been to those paint trophy and minor cup games too
    I remember being a ball boy at a midweek match during the Selhurst years, It was against Hull or Leicester in the Full Members Cup and there were about 700 people there.

Incidentally what is our lowest ever cup/league home attendances?
  • So if you have a pre-22 Aug ST, and a child on your Friends and Family linked relationships with a pre-22 Aug ST, can you buy tickets for both of you, or can you only buy one for yourself?
    Presumably it depends if they are picked or not