Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're going back to The Valley, hopefully.......Doncaster Rovers, 19th September 2020....

Comments

• Options
    Up to 1,000 fans will be allowed to attend 10 different English Football League games this weekend as part of the government's crowd pilots.
    The news comes as discussions between the EFL and the government about a return for more supporters from 1 October continue.
    No fans have attended an EFL fixture since March because of the coronavirus.
    Three Championship games, four League One matches and three in League Two have been chosen for this weekend.

As per the tweet above, we're one of them
  • Options
    How on earth will they work out who to give tickets to. 
  • Options
    Whoever does get to attend can you all get behind Bowyer and the lads and make the 1k sound like a full house at The Valley. Need to get the place bouncing again. 
  • Options

Was a email sent out a few weeks back to some asking if they would be interested in attending? I did not get one but sure i see something on here. 

You would think fairest way would be top points (without VG) or first 1000 who renewed. Only other way is all season ticket holders that want to go confirm this and it is a draw

Whatever some will be disappointed. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It's first come first served, so I'm already there.
    First in the queue, can't wait.
    Can anyone bring me some food, water, a couple of bottles, toilet roll and a large box or similar? Thanks.
  • Options
    If it’s anything like Scotland you won’t be allowed to sing or have a beer.

Best people to go are those in the lower West 😜
  • Options
    Have st and vg so don’t know where that will put me on list. 
  • Options

Was a email sent out a few weeks back to some asking if they would be interested in attending? I did not get one but sure i see something on here. 

You would think fairest way would be top points (without VG) or first 1000 who renewed. Only other way is all season ticket holders that want to go confirm this and it is a draw

Saw the email but think that’ was just to be part of a group of fans asking questions about Covid, hope your well saw Paul Saturday night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know how many Charlton Points you need to get in? 
  • Options
    I think the CL members with the best ITK ratings should be given first refusal!! :)
  • Options
    21st June I bought st as knew I wouldn’t be doing many aways this season could attend most if not all home games. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Or maybe anyone who is or has been been linked with buying the club should be allowed to attend,  that figure shouldn't be too far away from 1K;).
  • Options

Saw the email but think that’ was just to be part of a group of fans asking questions about Covid, hope your well saw Paul Saturday night. 
    I am cheers mate, trust you are also.

• Options
    21st June I bought st as knew I wouldn’t be doing many aways this season could attend most if not all home games. 
    Just checked bought ours 15th June day they went on sale.

Blind hope, loyalty or stupidity......
  • Options
    1st 1000 that renewed should be offered tickets first, any tickets left that aren't taken up should be allocated randomly to other season ticket holders. Any solution will need a very quick turnaround time though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would expect the 1000 to come from those who renewed before the end of last season as they have already paid for this game.  The recent season tickets were for 22 games specifically excluding this game.
  • Options
    Sent Thomas Sandgaard a message asking for a ticket.
    I sent a message to Paul Elliott......seeing as he owns the club (or so he reckons).
  • Options
    Pico said:

Two hours before the game? Surely that is incorrect.
    Someone told me that football clubs are considering bringing refreshments (including alcohol) to your sea via an app.
    That would require a change in the law. Probably not a top priority at the moment
    Its been 35 years, with clubs in dire need of revenue I really wouldn't rule anything out.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    If anyone is admitted who hasn't renewed their season ticket, I think that'd be a total slap in the face. Havent a clue how many people have renewed but there has to be 1000 surely 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    If anyone is admitted who hasn't renewed their season ticket, I think that'd be a total slap in the face. Havent a clue how many people have renewed but there has to be 1000 surely 
    I would like to think this would not happen.

as people have said it should be the first. 1,000 who renewed.

yes I am one of those but it was the reason why I renewed so quickly. I was always going to renew. 

I won’t boycott games I just can’t do it.

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    3,500 as of a few weeks ago so quite a few will be disappointed even when you take out those still isolating or who can't attend at short notice.

Tony Keohane is charge of who gets tickets, seriously, so I don't think @T_C_E is getting one
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Ok, so it has just been reported on 'One Football' that Charlton V Doncaster is 1 of 10 matches to have 1000 fans in attendance. As an early renewer if my season ticket AND a longstanding Valley Gold member, should I look forward to receiving my ticket then??!!

Matches allowing 1000 fans in are:

Luton V Derby

Norwich V Preston

Boro V Bournemouth

CAFC V Donny

Blackpool V Swindon

Shrewsbury V Northampton

Hull V Crewe

Forest Green V Bradford City

Carlisle V Southend

Morecambe v Cambridge

• Options

Your be disappointed mate when it dont come off.
    Might have this pilot scheme this weekend but cant see 8000 going back in October.

• Options
    There's something about a shortage of tickets that makes even the nicest, generous, mild mannered Charlton fans into selfish bastards :wink: