Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant - £15m move

Comments

• Options
    West brom and Bournemouth have both had bids excepted. 

Up to the player, will probably want to see which division WBA are in first. 

Huddersfield aren't going into admin, but there may well be a fire sale. 
  • Options
    He showed he could so it in the prem so I'm guessing leeds or west brom 
  • Options
    How can they be struggling so much? Aren’t Huddersfield due another £35m odd next season in parachute payments ?

they didn’t spend long enough in the prem to have built up huge costs and didn’t sign players that’d put wages through the roof
  • Options
    How can they be struggling so much? Aren’t Huddersfield due another £35m odd next season in parachute payments ?

they didn’t spend long enough in the prem to have built up huge costs and didn’t sign players that’d put wages through the roof
    Perhaps they gambled all their parachute money at Paddy Power...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    They said in the Huddersfield Examiner that because of Covid the Premiership had cut their payments.  I'm not sure how that happens, and haven't seen it corroborated.
  • Options
    Young English striker with goals in the Premier League. Of course he’s worth £15 million in today’s market - you can argue that the market is mad but the price is fair within that market as it currently exists.

First comparison off the top of my head, Bournemouth paid £19 million for Solanke. And he’s sh*te.
    Worth 15 million.  Says a man who has not got near that.  It is stupidity  like that which has screwed football to the point I don't  care. 
    Don't be too sure.  I hear Callum is minted.
  • Options
    Callum has signed Grant? What is he getting him to do?
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-cash-windfall-due-to-karlan-grant-sell-on-clause/

Are the EFL going to let our 'owners' get their hands on this money if they've not been approved?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what's the norm for a sell on clause?, 20%......£3m !
  • Options
    We're going to be rich! 
  • Options
    The norm for Roland is to keep any sell on fees of players sold while he was at the club 
  • Options
    % of the profit rather than the whole fee usually so slightly less but a nice sum.

Get those car brochures out : - )
  • Options
    Might help matts court fees.
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-cash-windfall-due-to-karlan-grant-sell-on-clause/

Are the EFL going to let our 'owners' get their hands on this money if they've not been approved?
    Realistically not a lot EFL could ever do about that.  As we're learning, even if they could, those parasitic piss taking bastards wouldn't raise a finger to protect the integrity of the game under their jurisdiction.  It's not as if a club broke the rules, got found out, was issued with a directive as part of its punishment, refused to observe that directive, lied about it, appealed against the penalty that was handed down, that appeal was thrown out as groundless, so EFL let them off without even that punishment, is it?  What's that? Birmingham you say?  Oh yeah, shit, turns out EFL are piss weak rule breaking twats who don't care one jot. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    dickplumb said:
    I also heard that Huddersfield are close to Administration and had to sell.
    Not saying its not true but how the f**k can that be the case?

They were in the Premier League last season so had the TV revenue, they've also got two years of parachute payments

If Huddersfield are close to going into Administration after all that they must be the WORST ran club in the country

Its not like they spent massive amounts of money either in the Premier League or when they came back down
    Just passing on what I have heard. No need for the aggressive reply.
    Remember they loaned out quite a few players this season to get them off the wage bill, I suspect even low Premiership clubs are paying high wages. 

I could well see how they have got into trouble. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Just think, if Bonne had taken penalties this year plus his 11 goals, he could have scored the same number as Karlan Grant.

Now who could we flog Bonne to, for £15m?

Esi, if smithy boy is correct
  • Options
    Young English striker with goals in the Premier League. Of course he’s worth £15 million in today’s market - you can argue that the market is mad but the price is fair within that market as it currently exists.

First comparison off the top of my head, Bournemouth paid £19 million for Solanke. And he’s sh*te.
    Worth 15 million.  Says a man who has not got near that.  It is stupidity  like that which has screwed football to the point I don't  care. 
    How do you know?
  • Options
    Believe we will get another £2.7mil so should get around £4.2mil in total, whereas Huddersfield will have made £10.8mil in 18 months.

That’s what makes me mad and I just can’t see how whoever does own the club will be allowed to receive the money whilst they’re in charge.

We must get a resolution from EFL soon, and we can then begin to build our club again. Considering we can’t even offer contracts to any players, it’s all a big joke right now.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Sage said:
    Believe we will get another £2.7mil so should get around £4.2mil in total, whereas Huddersfield will have made £10.8mil in 18 months.

That’s what makes me mad and I just can’t see how whoever does own the club will be allowed to receive the money whilst they’re in charge.

We must get a resolution from EFL soon, and we can then begin to build our club again. Considering we can’t even offer contracts to any players, it’s all a big joke right now.
    Huddersfield took a risk in signing Grant and have paid him £20k (?) a week for about 90 weeks (?). It was only a few months earlier that he was at Crawley on loan and he might not have worked out (e.g. like Nicky Ajose). There was no way Charlton were going to tie Grant to a new contract, so we cashed in and so did he.

From Huddersfield's point of view, they'll make a decent profit. But whilst Grant's goals have kept them in the Championship, they neither kept them in or got them back to the Premier League. It looks like they are selling him to keep things afloat or to finance a restructure of their squad.

• Options
    Whose a bigger Cnut Taylor or Grant?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Whose a bigger Cnut Taylor or Grant?
    What did Grant do wrong?
    Didn’t he film an alleged rape then delete it before the police could see it then change his name.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    dickplumb said:
    I also heard that Huddersfield are close to Administration and had to sell.
    Not saying its not true but how the f**k can that be the case?

They were in the Premier League last season so had the TV revenue, they've also got two years of parachute payments

If Huddersfield are close to going into Administration after all that they must be the WORST ran club in the country

Its not like they spent massive amounts of money either in the Premier League or when they came back down
    Just passing on what I have heard. No need for the aggressive reply.
    I wasnt replying to you