Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant - £15m move

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Scoham said:
    Whose a bigger Cnut Taylor or Grant?
    What did Grant do wrong?
    Didn’t he film an alleged rape then delete it before the police could see it then change his name.
    No. 

He allegedly filmed an alleged rape then allegedly deleted it before the police could see it. 

However a quick google reveals that the judge had sight of video evidence and a forensic report that seemed to make it impossible to prove guilty.

I don't think his name change had anything to do with it, Karlan Grant is not a common name. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    The dropping of Ahearne is a red herring here, he had a fallout with his Dad and dropped that part of his name, which happened to be around the time the RHF sexual assault story came out. The two are mutually exclusive and Grant would have dropped that part of his name regardless
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    dickplumb said:
    I also heard that Huddersfield are close to Administration and had to sell.
    Not saying its not true but how the f**k can that be the case?

They were in the Premier League last season so had the TV revenue, they've also got two years of parachute payments

If Huddersfield are close to going into Administration after all that they must be the WORST ran club in the country

Its not like they spent massive amounts of money either in the Premier League or when they came back down
    Just passing on what I have heard. No need for the aggressive reply.
    I wasnt replying to you
    Tbf you was replying to Dick as you quoted him, even if it was in error.

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    dickplumb said:
    I also heard that Huddersfield are close to Administration and had to sell.
    Not saying its not true but how the f**k can that be the case?

They were in the Premier League last season so had the TV revenue, they've also got two years of parachute payments

If Huddersfield are close to going into Administration after all that they must be the WORST ran club in the country

Its not like they spent massive amounts of money either in the Premier League or when they came back down
    Just passing on what I have heard. No need for the aggressive reply.
    I wasnt replying to you
    Tbf you was replying to Dick as you quoted him, even if it was in error.

True but was following on from what he wrote rather than replying to him

Of course if he needs me to then I'll apologise for the aggressive tone but it wasnt directed at him
  • Options
    To be fair to Huddersfield, it would seem reasonable to plan beyond the parachute payments.
  • Options
    I too have been told grant is going to West Brom for £15M 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Believe we will get another £2.7mil so should get around £4.2mil in total, whereas Huddersfield will have made £10.8mil in 18 months.

That’s what makes me mad and I just can’t see how whoever does own the club will be allowed to receive the money whilst they’re in charge.

We must get a resolution from EFL soon, and we can then begin to build our club again. Considering we can’t even offer contracts to any players, it’s all a big joke right now.
    The question there is, who is 'we'.

Does Roland still have his fingers in the pie with sell on clauses?
    Does Nimer get it, if ESI v2 aren't actually our owners?
    Or do ESI v2 get it and use it to basically cover what they'll spend on wages for 5-6 months?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Grant has two clubs after him and it is not clear which will be playing in the Premier League (They both could be and neither could). It would seem to be logical for him to wait a week to inform his decision. 
  • Options
    If Grant has two clubs after him and it is not clear which will be playing in the Premier League (They both could be and neither could). It would seem to be logical for him to wait a week to inform his decision. 
    I know this isnt grants issue but if Huddersfield are close to administration, do they have a week?
  • Options
    Or indeed longer if a team is in the playoffs
  • Options
    Grant has become lazy since the restart, so getting 15m for him will be a bonus 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Can’t wait to see what Golfie thinks :-))
    Karlan who.....?

Doesn't surprise me though. The only thing in life that is guaranteed is death, taxes & ex-Charlton players being sold on for more than we got for them in the first place.

We bought Killer back for less than we sold him!
    And Flash too. 
  • Options
    Haven’t you been playing him wide left lately ? He’s not good there- never has been 
  • Options
    Didn’t go to the match at Huddersfield but I couldn’t believe the role you had him playing at The Valley. He was picking up the ball on half way line trying to create the play and barely got anywhere near the last man.

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Haven’t you been playing him wide left lately ? He’s not good there- never has been 
    I agree, hes not very good on the left, much better up top, this maybe a reason why he hasnt been trying in the last few games
  • Options
    ...that or he's been tapped up
  • Options
    WBA have badly missed someone up top with pace this season - Austin and Robson-Kanu are both 31 - and had Grant been playing for them I think they would have won the League. As it is they are struggling to make automatic promotion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I agree, hes not very good on the left, much better up top, this maybe a reason why he hasnt been trying in the last few games
    Baffled why they would play Grant (18 league goals) wide when his best asset, the one which makes him worth £15m, is goal scoring

Frazer Campbell has 3 goals, Mounie has 9, yet they seem to play the No 9 role
  • Options
    Grant and Taylor were successful because they interchanged. When Taylor went wide right, Grant was in the middle and when Grant when wide left into space Taylor went central. Both scored plenty and it's simple and effective. I assume Huddersfield haven't got players who can play both wide or in the middle to complement Karlan's versatility.
  • Options
    Cowley dropped him last week.....and they went on to beat WBA.
  • Options
    And how did that work out for Cowley 😂
  • Options
    Might just have been a change of formation and purely tactical.

• Options
    Confused.  Do I want us to get £2.7M - well yes, of course, whether spent on the team or used to cover debt I am happy for funds to the club... But then there is ESI and Elliot and if £2.7M comes in, simply to be paid out for dividends to owners who have put nothing in at all then 😡
    Special place in hell for these blokes! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020

The 9 game mini league only started on June 20th and will end today on July 22nd.
    Forwards aren't really dropped, when you have to play every 3 and a half days over 32 days.
  • Options
    Golfie still thinks he should be playing for us though