Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League table talk

League table as it stands, IMO anyone as far up as Reading could still get dragged into this 
Fasinating really. 

Comments

• but not QPR who are only 5 points away from us and 8 off relegation zone... 

And after today, we made them look weaker than Hull?
  • yep QPR have lost both of their "return" fixtures, if that continues they are definitely in it.
  • Really does show why the Championship is the best League in the world, its not all about the top of the Division
  • Dazzler21 said:
    but not QPR who are only 5 points away from us and 8 off relegation zone... 

QPR looked better then Hull 

And with the remaining fixtures they would have to lose 5-6 games to get relegated 
  • yes although they could I think 51 points should be safety for us. 2 wins. There are only 7 games left. Bearing in mind goal difference Luton would have to get 13 points and Barnsley 14 points (bearing in mind their goal difference). Also can't see Hull getting 10 points 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    but not QPR who are only 5 points away from us and 8 off relegation zone... 

QPR looked better then Hull 

And with the remaining fixtures they would have to lose 5-6 games to get relegated 
    I'm not sure whether it's because we held out last game, but I felt much much more comfortable this game then against Hull. I always felt like Hull might be able to knick one, but we could have played QPR all day and I couldn't see where they were going to score from. 
  • It is so tight! Glad Brum equalised but annoying Wigan won and Stoke and Boro didn't draw
  • Sheffield Wednesday's potential points deduction could change everything.

No one, even Barnsley, it down and out yet and we are far from safe. But Bowyer has us fighting.

• We need a couple of teams including us to go on a winning run, we don’t want teams at the bottom of the table winning one and losing one against fellow strugglers.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2020
    We need a couple of teams including us to go on a winning run, we don’t want teams at the bottom of the table winning one and losing one against fellow strugglers.
    "We need those bottom teams to draw at best, whilst we need a winning run" 
    - Michael Owen style punditry

• Surprised Middlesbrough are 7/1, but I suppose that’s the Warnock effect. 
  • Stoke at 5-1 look tasty 
  • Another two 1-0 wins in the next four games will do nicely, then add a few points in the last three
  • Uboat said:

Surprised Middlesbrough are 7/1, but I suppose that’s the Warnock effect. 
    Those odds for Barnsley and Luton are ridiculously low, you'd have thought both teams were stranded and losing every week
  • Peterborough were on 45 points after 39 games played in 12/13.

They got nine points from the last seven games and still went down on 54.
  • I'm not going to bed tonight as I might fall out and break my neck.
  • Wigan v Stoke and Hull v Boro in the week. Going to get tasty. I'd concede defeat for a victory on Friday night, but we are live on cursed Sky and it's Mill-fucking-wall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer will be out to win every game. Do teams get payments based on finishing position in the league like in the Prem?
  • Bowyer will be out to win every game. Do teams get payments based on finishing position in the league like in the Prem?
    Dunno ..... but doesn't Uncle Roly get £1.5 million if when we stay up?

• Yes. Don’t like it but we need to stay in The Championship. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    I'm not going to bed tonight as I might fall out and break my neck.
    You got a life changing contract lined up, Mutts?  :smile:

That cracked me up Oggy,nice one 😂🤣😂
  • Peterborough were on 45 points after 39 games played in 12/13.

They got nine points from the last seven games and still went down on 54.
    This is the thing. If teams at the bottom carry on like they are now, this will happen again. But that doesn't mean that it will be us falling into that sinkhole. It just means that it's going to be tasty.

I'm hoping that Birmingham and Wigan get 6 points ASAP and are taking a huge sigh of relief when we rock in.
  • Sheffield Wednesday's potential points deduction could change everything.

No one, even Barnsley, it down and out yet and we are far from safe. But Bowyer has us fighting.

This is the big question. Still think that, if found guilty of any kind of malpractice, it could be up to 21 points, though I suspect some of that will be suspended.

I wouldn't be feeling comfortable at the moment if I was a Wednesday fan. They've lost five of their squad for the rest of the season and their remaining fixtures are;

Bristol City A
    West Brom H
    Swansea A
    Preston H
    QPR A
    Huddersfield H
    Fulham A
    Boro H

Their last two home games could be tasty.

• Not expecting anything from Cardiff but I think we'll do enough to stay up now. Looking at the remaining fixtures I think it'll be Barnsley, Luton + Hull/Huddersfield.
  • I reckon we need 8 more points to be safe. I'd rather do it nice and easy and pick up 3 more wins in the next 3/4 games, but equally if we draw all 8 I'll take that too, though my heart probably won't!
  • Anything can happen. All I care about is that we are in a much healthier position than we were two games ago. The team is going for it and Bowyer seems to be working his magic again. Bring on Millwall.