Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    If Stoke keep Butland in goal they'll go down.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Key problem for me is looking at the current 6 clubs below us and say with any real confidence that there’s no way they’ll win 3 of their remaining 6 games? (7 for Boro, Hull, Huddersfield). 

If if you put 9pts on everyone’s totals then we still have solid work to do
    Yes that's true. But don't forget, three games ago we were a bit adrift and 3rd from bottom. We're a whole lot better off now, in a bit of form, restricting chances and keeping clean sheets. We've got a few knocks and a couple of blokes who don't want to play but we've got quite a few options in some positions. e.g.: we haven't really seen Williams or Oztumer yet. 
    Will we ever ?
  • Options
    Another interesting factor will be the form of teams who have players refusing to extend their contracts and won’t play for their clubs any more. 
  • Options
    why are we so scared of millwall? They are bang average! They have a couple of injuries and a couple more with knocks! Rowett was moaning about how tired the players are looking.

bowyer will have our players chasing down and working hard, plus aneke will put it about and won’t be bullied. 

In Typical Charlton life tradition, our lack of goals is being mentioned as a weakness but 3 clean sheets in a row isn’t.

Yes I am aware of recent history but this is a crazy year with crazy results since the season started. Millwall are just another team and we can win! Bowyer will hopefully be drilling this into the team

Absolutely. Bottom 8 budget-wise. Bang average and safe. I'll take that. Best performance yesterday since the restart. Could have been 3 up at half time.

Big shame about the knock Bennett picked up but hopefully Jed Wallace continues to fire as he was very quiet in the game at our place because of, funnily enough, Sarr.
  • Options
    why are we so scared of millwall? They are bang average! They have a couple of injuries and a couple more with knocks! Rowett was moaning about how tired the players are looking.

bowyer will have our players chasing down and working hard, plus aneke will put it about and won’t be bullied. 

In Typical Charlton life tradition, our lack of goals is being mentioned as a weakness but 3 clean sheets in a row isn’t.

Yes I am aware of recent history but this is a crazy year with crazy results since the season started. Millwall are just another team and we can win! Bowyer will hopefully be drilling this into the team

Absolutely. Bottom 8 budget-wise. Bang average and safe. I'll take that. Best performance yesterday since the restart. Could have been 3 up at half time.

Big shame about the knock Bennett picked up but hopefully Jed Wallace continues to fire as he was very quiet in the game at our place because of, funnily enough, Sarr.
    Hoping that the empty stadium will favour our players on Friday - hopefully they won't crumble as usual.
  • Options

Hoping that the empty stadium will favour our players on Friday - hopefully they won't crumble as usual.
    I think that's the biggest negative for us, the crowd not being there. Sometimes our players need us on their backs to put that fire/fear in the bellies.

Could definitely play a part but also hoping that the players have now acclimatised to the surreal surroundings.
  • Options

I think that's the biggest negative for us, the crowd not being there. Sometimes our players need us on their backs to put that fire/fear in the bellies.

Could definitely play a part but also hoping that the players have now acclimatised to the surreal surroundings.
    We have to beat you eventually so maybe Friday will be the night? 
  • Options

If you have to beat us at any stage then I'll most definitely take the game where there's no fans, the game doesn't mean anything to us and during a season that will, eventually, be a bit, well, meh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you have to beat us at any stage then I'll most definitely take the game where there's no fans, the game doesn't mean anything to us and during a season that will, eventually, be a bit, well, meh.

It could be played on Blackheath and still definitely mean something to us!
  • Options

It's all set up for us to win on Friday, in the game when we can't see it, and the Millwall dominance in the fixture to resume when fans are allowed back in...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Right. Youse lot better tell me it's ok to come out again this time...

No need to watch from behind the sofa this year mate no away fan cardboard cutouts allowed, just don't sit too close to the telly 😉.
  • Options

Smallest budget and 6th from bottom above 3 teams with parachute money.

bang average wasn’t an insult, I would take mid table right now. My point is that we shouldn’t be scared of you. I’m scared of Brentford as they are on fire but if we stick to our plan and not worry about history, this is a winnable game. It’s also winnable for you, but some people on here have given up already. 

Aneke and hemed up top will give your centre backs and uncomfortable 90 minutes. 
  • Options
    It's interesting that 2 of the bottom 7 are on parachute money this season - Stoke and Huddersfield - while Boro and Hull are one season after their last payment

Even at the top, parachute money doesn't dominate. Leeds and Brentford could easily get the top 2
  • Options

Big_Bad_World said: Bang average and safe. I'll take that. 
    Standard downplay by the scum , we’re not bothered blah blah blah 
    You win Friday night you’ll be 2 points from the play offs !
    They should have beaten Swansea  yesterday , thankfully toblerone head couldn’t hit the target with those two gilt edged headed chances , he’s waiting for a cup final to put them in .
    Sit down and behave yourself  ;)

Never said we weren't bothered. I said the game doesn't mean anything to us, in the context that we're not going to make the play-offs, aren't threatened by the drop and the time we find ourselves in. Actually, reading that back it is a bit of downplay, I suppose :)

I take it you watched some of the game? You're right about Murray Wallace. Had two great chances but fluffed them. Am just glad we have a cup final coming up on Friday for him to right the wrongs ;) Also think that Bart should have put Brewsters free-kick over the bar.
  • Options
    Doing the sums for hours and I agree with other posters... 6 points more will definitely do it because of the other matches where everyone is playing each other.
    Important thing about Millwall is don't get beat! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks for the offer, but our players are a bit shy so will probably pass. Thanks anyway.
    There's always next time. Sorry, I don't mean anything by that. Thanks again  ;)
  • Options

I'm not sure really what you are trying to say here. Is it this:
    https://youtu.be/yFB_FS9rV0c
  • Options

They should have beaten Swansea  yesterday , thankfully toblerone head couldn’t hit the target with those two gilt edged headed chances , he’s waiting for a cup final to put them in .

Never said we weren't bothered. I said the game doesn't mean anything to us, in the context that we're not going to make the play-offs, aren't threatened by the drop and the time we find ourselves in. Actually, reading that back it is a bit of downplay, I suppose :)

I take it you watched some of the game? You're right about Murray Wallace. Had two great chances but fluffed them. Am just glad we have a cup final coming up on Friday for him to right the wrongs ;) Also think that Bart should have put Brewsters free-kick over the bar.
    You're 5 points off the play offs with 18 to play for. Hardly impossible given you play 5 bottom half sides and Cardiff have 4 play off chasing sides in the last 6 games.
  • Options

You're 5 points off the play offs with 18 to play for. Hardly impossible given you play 5 bottom half sides and Cardiff have 4 play off chasing sides in the last 6 games.
    You've already listed the reason that we won't make the play-offs. If we had Cardiff's run-in I'd be more confident. Funny really, eh? :)
  • Options
    Having worked in Deptford many years ago and working with many Millwall fans, it is good to see that some of our and their fans can have a sensible, (although sometimes sarcastic) conversation
  • Options
    I think Millwall have a decent keeper, and two excellent players for the level in Cooper and Wallace. Everything else about them is average. No reason why we can't beat them if we treat it as a normal game.
  • Options
    I think Millwall have a decent keeper, and two excellent players for the level in Cooper and Wallace. Everything else about them is average. No reason why we can't beat them if we treat it as a normal game.
    We need to be solid on crosses and set plays, as that's how we conceded at the Den. 
  • Options
    We need to be solid on crosses and set plays, as that's how we conceded at the Den. 
    Need Jason Pearce to play out of his skin again. Naby had a great game last night, passing excellent as always but a couple of 6 yard clearances which he made well.

7 points from 3 is Dreamland, however the way the season is unfolding shows its gonna be 50 plus points needed IMHO. 

As always in the Champ, gets to the last 10 games and the bottom 6 start playing out of their skins. But they cant all keep winning.

Stoke, Huddersfield and Hull down and what a great season that is. 
  • Options
    Birmingham v Huddersfield tonight. Not often I find myself rooting for Birmingham but tonight will be one.
  • Options

I'm not sure really what you are trying to say here. Is it this:
    https://youtu.be/yFB_FS9rV0c
    Made my day.