Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    53 points would make us safe. 52 would probably be safe, but could leave us with a really nervous last couple of games if other teams keep winning

A win on Friday would make so much difference, 49 points with 5 to go would make survival highly likely. 46 points with 5 to go would be far more precarious...
  • Options
    There is one of these league calculator things if any one wants to have a play around https://thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

mad me feel a little better at least 
  • Options
    T said:
    There is one of these league calculator things if any one wants to have a play around https://thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

What did it say ?
  • Options
    I had third from bottom on 46 doing that calculator. Wigan reached 47 after deduction!
  • Options
    Hull, Luton & Stoke to go. we finish on 51 points in 18th.  Obviously my normal bias there but as others are saying the teams around us taking points out of each other looks like what gets us over the line. 
  • Options
    Reading & Brum are our big games, they are both fairly plop and hopefully fairly unmotivated too
  • Options
    T said:
    Hull, Luton & Stoke to go. we finish on 51 points in 18th.  Obviously my normal bias there but as others are saying the teams around us taking points out of each other looks like what gets us over the line. 
    oh and i didn't factor Wigans issues in there if they are it goes down to GD between them and Stoke/Huddersfield 

• Options
    T said:

I made us 20th on 51 points. Wigan on 62 points & safe even with a 12 point deduction as Stoke & Huddersfield only got 49 points. Hull bottom. 
  • Options

Infogol’s chances of relegation (%) – before Wigan entered administration

Luton 79, Barnsley 72, Hull 47, Stoke City 32, Huddersfield 31, Charlton 25, Middlesbrough 13

Infogol’s chances of relegation (%) – after Wigan entered administration

Wigan 83, Luton 70, Barnsley 63, Hull 31, Stoke 18, Huddersfield 18, Charlton 13, Middlesbrough 5

The other end of the table sees three teams realistically in with a shot of automatic promotion.

Leeds United are all-but up. Infogol reckon there is a 93 per cent chance they will be in the Premier League for 2020/21.

• Options
    I had third from bottom on 46 doing that calculator. Wigan reached 47 after deduction!
    Ha! When courage is needed you're never around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    53 points would make us safe. 52 would probably be safe, but could leave us with a really nervous last couple of games if other teams keep winning

A win on Friday would make so much difference, 49 points with 5 to go would make survival highly likely. 46 points with 5 to go would be far more precarious...
    46 with 4 to go (will be tough to get anything at Brentford next week) would be even more worrying.
  • Options
    Using the calculator but not taking into consideration Wigan’s or Wednesday getting point deducted.
  • Options

You have Luton picking up 16 points out of 18!
  • Options
    pretty much every gameweek there is a bottom 8 team vs another bottom 8 team, can see a lot of draws in these matches. 

also hull, huddersfield have been dreaful why are people suddenly expecting them to become unreal. 

i pity the club but wigan back on 38 points is a massive blow to them.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    stonemuse said:

Erm.... yeah. I think I better think it out again.
  • Options

Did I miss something here mate? Luton? Haha 
  • Options
    Had Hull, Barnsley and Reading going down on 49 points.
  • Options
    why are we so scared of millwall? They are bang average! They have a couple of injuries and a couple more with knocks! Rowett was moaning about how tired the players are looking.

bowyer will have our players chasing down and working hard, plus aneke will put it about and won’t be bullied. 

In Typical Charlton life tradition, our lack of goals is being mentioned as a weakness but 3 clean sheets in a row isn’t.

Yes I am aware of recent history but this is a crazy year with crazy results since the season started. Millwall are just another team and we can win! Bowyer will hopefully be drilling this into the team

Absolutely. Bottom 8 budget-wise. Bang average and safe. I'll take that. Best performance yesterday since the restart. Could have been 3 up at half time.

Big shame about the knock Bennett picked up but hopefully Jed Wallace continues to fire as he was very quiet in the game at our place because of, funnily enough, Sarr.
    Hoping that the empty stadium will favour our players on Friday - hopefully they won't crumble as usual.
    I think that's the biggest negative for us, the crowd not being there. Sometimes our players need us on their backs to put that fire/fear in the bellies.

Could definitely play a part but also hoping that the players have now acclimatised to the surreal surroundings.
    We have to beat you eventually so maybe Friday will be the night? 
    If you have to beat us at any stage then I'll most definitely take the game where there's no fans, the game doesn't mean anything to us and during a season that will, eventually, be a bit, well, meh.
    You mean Friday night won't be your Cup Final? :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Think I had Barnsley qualifying for the Champions League in my one. It's hard not to be a pessimist and give the teams around us the benefit of insane form on these. I did have us beating Millwall, Reading and then Leeds once we were already safe though. Clearly I've lost it
  • Options
    I’m going to do the calculator again
  • Options
    Birmingham v Hudds underway.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    why are we so scared of millwall? They are bang average! They have a couple of injuries and a couple more with knocks! Rowett was moaning about how tired the players are looking.

bowyer will have our players chasing down and working hard, plus aneke will put it about and won’t be bullied. 

In Typical Charlton life tradition, our lack of goals is being mentioned as a weakness but 3 clean sheets in a row isn’t.

Yes I am aware of recent history but this is a crazy year with crazy results since the season started. Millwall are just another team and we can win! Bowyer will hopefully be drilling this into the team

Absolutely. Bottom 8 budget-wise. Bang average and safe. I'll take that. Best performance yesterday since the restart. Could have been 3 up at half time.

Big shame about the knock Bennett picked up but hopefully Jed Wallace continues to fire as he was very quiet in the game at our place because of, funnily enough, Sarr.
    Hoping that the empty stadium will favour our players on Friday - hopefully they won't crumble as usual.
    I think that's the biggest negative for us, the crowd not being there. Sometimes our players need us on their backs to put that fire/fear in the bellies.

Could definitely play a part but also hoping that the players have now acclimatised to the surreal surroundings.
    We have to beat you eventually so maybe Friday will be the night? 
    If you have to beat us at any stage then I'll most definitely take the game where there's no fans, the game doesn't mean anything to us and during a season that will, eventually, be a bit, well, meh.
    You mean Friday night won't be your Cup Final? :smile:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the third paragraph of my earlier post, at 10.44am, whereby I formally acknowledged the importance of your club and the esteem in which you deserve to be held.

:)
  • Options
    In a version with a lot of draws involving the bottom sides, we're safe on 52 points (1 win and 3 draws). Wigan finish on 59, so would stay up on GD over Barnsley! 

• Options
    We do need to add Wigan’s and possibly Wednesday’s deductions
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Birmingham 0 - Hudds 1 Karlan penalty
  • Options
    Huddersfield now :-(
  • Options
    Early doors yet
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    FFS what's wrong with this shitting league.