Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Barnsley & Luton have to be hot favourites being 4/5 points adrift with only 7 games left.
    This is despite both of them being in good form.
    The trouble is for them their nearest rivals apart from Hull are also winning.

If we play like the last 2 games we'll survive but we've got 3 very tough games coming up and then we also have to play Wigan, who on form this calendar year are 2nd in the table and finish with Leeds A.

Realistically on paper we have 2 games that appear to be more winnable, Reading H and Brum A, but we all know Charlton ofetn win the games you least expect.

It will almost certainly go to the last game and I just hope we're out of it by then.
    51 points may be enough for us if we keep the better goal difference.
    It's possible someone will be relegated on goal difference.
  • Options
    We now have more points than our relegation season just 40.
    41 and 42 points was enough to stay up the last 2 seasons but 52 the year before. 
    Certainly will be high this year low to mid 50s, more points shared this season and the teams that have nothing to play for and didn’t want to restart will be easier to beat like QPR. 
  • Options
    We are still deep in trouble but at least Bowyer has the team fighting for points. Two wins and six points since the restart means it’s in our own hands now.

Dont like the idea of two games in four days let alone Cardiff and Millwall.

Things will look different come 5pm next Saturday better or not it’s one hell of a season .
    Tougher for Hull, they have a rejuvenated Warnock's Middlesbrough on Thursday night, then on Sunday afternoon they go to West brom, then 3 days later they go to Bristol city. 3 tough games in 6 days for a side who've got 3 points in 13 games.

Added to that they've got a bunch of players who have played their last game for the club too.
  • Options
    We are still deep in trouble but at least Bowyer has the team fighting for points. Two wins and six points since the restart means it’s in our own hands now.

Things will look different come 5pm next Saturday better or not it’s one hell of a season .
    Tougher for Hull, they have a rejuvenated Warnock's Middlesbrough on Thursday night, then on Sunday afternoon they go to West brom, then 3 days later they go to Bristol city. 3 tough games in 6 days for a side who've got 3 points in 13 games.

Added to that they've got a bunch of players who have played their last game for the club too.
    Hopefully Bristol City get a win against Sheffield Wednesday today, if they dont that leaves them five points from the Play-Offs and you have to question if their season is done
  • Options

I think we are well capable of coping with that many games, as we have a decent depth in our squad, especially in midfield

The likes of Field, Williams, Lapslie, Sarr, Purrington, Doughty, Aneke and Green will all be desperate to start
  • Options
    A draw against the spanners, beat Wigan and Reading = 52 points, should be enough.
    We wont get anything v Cardiff, Brentford, Leeds,
    Brum result could go either way, but I would take a point now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s not the 4days 2 games that trouble me but the teams we have to play.

Add to that our forwards can not score,5pm Saturday feeling not so happy is what concerns me.
  • Options
    Thing is like most have said its now a mini league.

In previous seasons teams at the foot of the table would be drifting away due to continuing defeats and tiredness.

Now they've had the longest rest ever and it all starts again.... Like Lewis Coaches said I worry about next Saturday at 5pm if we don't get some points this week. It could look a very different table

But at least it's never dull watching us... Relegation battles, efl investigations, dodgy owners, dodgy owner friends, no investment, possible administration... Phew what's left? Oh I know ground relocation! 
  • Options
    Thing is like most have said its now a mini league.

In previous seasons teams at the foot of the table would be drifting away due to continuing defeats and tiredness.

Now they've had the longest rest ever and it all starts again.... Like Lewis Coaches said I worry about next Saturday at 5pm if we don't get some points this week. It could look a very different table

But at least it's never dull watching us... Relegation battles, efl investigations, dodgy owners, dodgy owner friends, no investment, possible administration... Phew what's left? Oh I know ground relocation! 
    We've benefitted from the break more than most clubs i would imagine.

If the season had carried on as it were, we'd have probably been long gone. A number of injuries, had just lost 3 games in a row to 3 shit teams without scoring and had dropped into the bottom 3.
  • Options
    Huddersfield look dreadful - being battered 3-0 by forest today 
  • Options
    Also bacuna straight red so that’s a ban for hudds - decent 
  • Options
    Huddersfield look dreadful - being battered 3-0 by forest today 
    Yes have to agree they look dreadful, and now losing a player for 3 games is not going to help their cause.
  • Options
    I swear Wigan always do us, where-as Leeds cannot buy a win against us
  • Options
    Glad a result went for us yesterday as it was much needed. Being awful in one game doesn't mean you are relegated by words of admission.

May posts claimed this would be the case  about: Hull / Middlesborough and Sheffield Wednesday.........and what happened this week!? 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Just seen Luton’s remaining fixtures. If they don’t win at least 4 of them, I will be astounded. It might take something like 53 points to stay up this year compared to Millwall’s 44 that kept them up by 4 clear points in 18/19. If I am right, QPR should scrape 3 more points to secure safety leaving the rest of us below to fight for our lives. With games against the 3 team immediately above us, fate really is very much in our own hands now after 2 great, vital wins after the restart. I can see Barnsley, Stoke and Hull going down at this rate. Crazy season all round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020

Here are my predictions for the rest of the season:

Cardiff (A) - Lose 1-3

Millwall (H) - Draw 1-1

Brentford (A) - Lose 0-2

Reading (H) - Win 2-1

Birmingham (A) - Draw 1-1

Wigan (H) - Draw 2-2

Leeds (A) - Lose 0-4

Predicted additional points: 6

Predicted final points total: 51

Predicted league placement: 20th (borderline survival!!)

Predicted bottom 6:

19th Luton 52 pts (LWWLWDW +13)

20th Charlton 51pts (LDLWDDL +6)

21st Huddersfield 50pts (DDDWDLL +8)

22nd Hull 49pts (DLDWDDL +7)

23rd Stoke 48pts (LDLWDLL +5)

24th Barnsley 44pts (DDLDLWL +6)

• Options
    You can bet your life that they will buy a win last game of the season if they need it. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    For me the bottom three will be Barnsley, Luton and either Hull or Huddersfield. The way they are playing, Stoke should be a big risk as well, but I believe they will do enough to stay up (although there's not quite that level of confidence on 'The Oatcake').
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Just seen Luton’s remaining fixtures. If they don’t win at least 4 of them, I will be astounded. It might take something like 53 points to stay up this year compared to Millwall’s 44 that kept them up by 4 clear points in 18/19. If I am right, QPR should scrape 3 more points to secure safety leaving the rest of us below to fight for our lives. With games against the 3 team immediately above us, fate really is very much in our own hands now after 2 great, vital wins after the restart. I can see Barnsley, Stoke and Hull going down at this rate. Crazy season all round.
    I'll predict now with some confidence that Luton are unlikely to win 4 out of 7.
  • Options
    If we manage to stay up, it'd be great if Barnsley and Luton do too - 2 other teams with limited budgets would help greatly  given the inflated budgets of the rest of the league we would have to compete with
  • Options
    They've only the one win at the Valley which was the 3-0 victory in League One

We too only have the one win in Wigan which was the 3-0 win when Chris Eagles played so is a fixture that favours the home team
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    I'll predict now with some confidence that Luton are unlikely to win 4 out of 7.
    They've won 4 (and drawn 3) out of their last 8, so it's not impossible.

Hull have 3 draws and 9 defeats in their last 12 matches! 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Unlikely maybe, but they've currently won 4 out of their last 8 and only lost one of those. Can't apply the usual logic to this season, it's mad.