Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Sheff Wed | Sat 30 Nov | 12:30 KO | Post-match Thread

Injuries and illnesses cost us. 

But Roland's gone!

Comments

• Can't wait for us to never have to play the kids again. 
  • Immense from the lads today. Penalty looked iffy today, was hoping we could hang on for a point. Can we get some loans in?
  • Immense from the lads today. Penalty looked iffy today, was hoping we could hang on for a point. Can we get some loans in?
    Kayel and Hamed have to be replaced 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wednesday up to 7th! Absurd. 
  • edited November 2019
    Sarr got his act together second half and the defending was better, great save from Dillon at one point. Midfield was where we lost this, couldn’t  put our foot on the ball, lack of composure when we did have the ball and almost zero service for the front men in the second half. We just shaded the first half, I don’t know what happened at half time but they were all over us from the off. Morgan may have been another of the ill players which explains his off colour performance. Doughty did well, Bonne and Leko worked their socks off, and now Lockyer misses the next game through suspension. 
  • The fact this is our E team bodes well. Weeks rest hopefully we might get Taylor back. Doughty looks a real prospect.

Am I right in saying that Roland's first and last game was against Sheff Wed? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Taylor, William's and Gallagher supposed to be back for 7th. Pick up a few points over xmas and make a push for the play offs after a few new bodies arrive through the door in Jan. The league is tight af, another run will see us right amongst it again. 
  • edited November 2019
    At the game

Bloody freezing second half. 

3-1 flattered them 

Leko back to his normal 5/10 performance.

We need two forward players with footballing brains. So many balls lost as Leko wasn't there to run onto Bonne's flicks.
  • From my living room we were on the back foot all day. We did well to limit their chances, but we didn’t really create anything going forward.  We had some pressure at times, but it didn’t turn into a chance, apart from the goal. 

Didn’t expect much from the game once I saw the lineup. Players tried hard, but the lack of quality in midfield was too much to overcome.  Pratley would be my MoM.  Leko put in a shift, but no end product, and turned the ball over to easily sometimes. Nobody really disappointed, although Nabys first half was bad, much better in the second. 

Need to get some players back soon. 
  • The scoreline flattered them, it was even until the penalty. Wednesday arent that good but I wonder if were going to even pick up points from the next games
  • Silly mistakes from the more experienced players cost us. 
  • edited November 2019
    Can't stand the Sarr dislike. Thought bar the first goal, he had a decent game. 

Certainly not below a 6. 

If I'm being really honest, think the kids (bar Doughty) aren't ready yet, why would they be? Think Bowyer's gone too defensive since the injuries which invites too much pressure. Not sure how things will improve in the middle of the park.

Happy Vennings got a run out. Happy Doughty is doing well, disappointed Morgan can't read the game too well but he puts in a shift.