Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sheff Wed | Sat 30 Nov | 12:30 KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    It is a shame we have had this bad luck, but we do have a bigger picture to look at and it isn't just any picture, it is the Mona Lisa! No team can withstand the numbers we have out, I have never seen anything like it!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2019
    A beautiful day for football. Valley looking perfect in the sunshine. Valley crowd, cheerful & excellent.  Terriffic support midway during the second half when Charlton were under the cosh. Great reception for the team at the end and when Chris Powell walked round. Charlton's second team did there best and gave everything. The team still continues to pass and the commitment of all the players is excellent.

Charlton will need players back and as soon as that happens then we will pick up points. The foundations being laid down are strong. The great start to the season gives a cushion. 

Fantastic news of the takeover. A chance to keep Lee Bowyer, Steve Gallen, Johnnie Jackson and the management team together. Also not to keep some of our key players. Steve Gallen freed up to strengthen with good characters.

Future's bright, a chance to consolidate this season and a real push to establish Charlton at the top end of the Championship. Happy days. 
  • Options
    PWR, can anyone enlighten me, don't know what this stands for?
  • Options
     Posting without reading (rest of thread)
  • Options
    Today’s result is like losing the battle but we’d won the war before a ball was kicked.
    My only other observation....why didn’t Naby take one of those free kicks?
  • Options
    Pissed When Remembering (the game)
    I know it's all about opinions this applies in particular to some of the players marks and I'm not devoid of criticism either 😉
  • Options
    At the end of the day,the team as a whole are doing as well as they can in the circumstances,no team could cope with that many injuries. We can't fault the effort of our depleted squad. Get some of our main men back and we'll soon consolidate. The takeover can't come soon enough and will bring much needed stability. 
    Thought the ref was ok until the 60 minute mark then he just stank the place out,he was awful. Think we should've had a penalty for the shove on Lockyer and Hutchinson should've had a 2nd yellow for the foul on Oztumer. Overall,Wednesday deserved the win even though they made hard work of our 4th  team. Onwards and upwards. COYA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just catching up on up on the Sky broadcast of today’s game.15 mins in and I love it! Look how much our club means to former players never mind us. We truly are unique!
  • Options
    Although I was pleased with the effort the team put in today I became frustrated that the forward passing was often tentative or wayward. There were several examples of Alfie being in space, but the back four appeared reluctant to find him.
  • Options
    Very frustrating game because we all know the reason we're struggling but there's nothing we can do about it. Today we hit rock bottom, I hope. No one can be criticised because of the situation. On the plus side I feel Dillon is getting stronger and stronger and he's a big bastard as well. Certainly wound up Fletcher.

I feel the ref had a bad game. Gave us no breaks with the penalty as I thought it was very soft. Up to that point we were holding them so no breaks for us.

Next game we should have Williams, Taylor and Gallagher back which will be a huge boost. Hopefully with Pearce back at the back. I just don't like losing, especially after all the effort Lee, Jacko, Gallen and the players have put in. Deserved better. But, new owners on the horizon so things should start looking up. Just impatient for it to happen as we're in a right old slump at the moment. 
  • Options
    vff said:
     Posting without reading (rest of thread)
    Thanks.
  • Options
    the bad for me 

we are currently sooooo bad against shit teams Luton 7-0 defeat today
    wednesday 3pts in 5 games 

I’m almost certain we won’t win every time we play 

9 points from 13 games is alarming 
    our defence is shocking and that’s the least injured part of our side 

I think even with all our good players back we’re not gonna be as good as the early season form .
    we had the rub of the green in a few of the games , yes we earned it but that promotion crest of a wave we rode in on has long disappeared .

I really think we’re gonna be involved in a scrap and don’t have the confidence that we can get anywhere near that early season form .

We’re gonna need a good few quid spent to turn this around and January isn’t the best time to be in the transfer market .

0%       Automatics ..................... 4%     Play offs ..................... 26%     7th-12th ............................ 60%    13th-21st ..........................10%  Relegation
  • Options
    To be honest, when Forestieri missed that chance just before we scored, I thought we were going to get hammered, but Doughty's good work down the wing and Bonne's god fortune with the slight deflection took the pressure off a bit. Poor Albie Morgan did not look good at all, but that's entirely understandable given he was apparently as sick as a dog. On the whole I think the result was fair enough, but the scoreline slightly flattered Wednesday. Hopefully we'll have some players back in time for Boro.
  • Options
    Footnote 

reasonable effort on the crossbar challenge today , it did threaten it and only missed by a foot or so 
    well done the son of someone on here 
  • Options
    Xxxxx
  • Options
    The fact this is our E team bodes well. Weeks rest hopefully we might get Taylor back. Doughty looks a real prospect.

Am I right in saying that Roland's first and last game was against Sheff Wed? 
    and he was shit in both games
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday were shit. We were worse. Alfie was our best player. Need the takeover (obviously) and investment in the squad to make a decent fist of it. 5 subs says it all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and that ref was absolutely awful. Gave them everything and bottled the pen on Lockyer
  • Options
    I think leko must look better on tv than live... just seen people on the match thread saying he’d been our best player? Bloody lunatics. He was crap.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t say he was crap but, let’s face it, not much competition today. 
  • Options
    Immense from the lads today. Penalty looked iffy today, was hoping we could hang on for a point. Can we get some loans in?
    Disagree with the penalty, was a stone wall for me, Oztumer was injured and tired and just put a poor challenge in

Done my own VAR. Multiple views and slo mo. Never a penalty in a Month of Sundays. Just sayin'
  • Options
    Eight and counting. :(

You will be delighted to hear that I won't be watching 3 of the next 4 games. But I will be at the Huddersfield game in person, so expect at least a four goal defeat. 
  • Options
    I thought we did alright under very difficult circumstances and 3-1 flattered a very ordinary Sheffield Wednesday side.

Losing isn't quite so painful when you see 11 players in a red shirt giving 100% and trying to play some proper football.

Basically we were just far to lightweight in midfield but I do worry our defence is beginning to look wobbly.

Hope we still give the same effort and show the same character when we are awash with Arabian dosh.
  • Options
  • Options
    Totally frustrating afternoon. With just a few of our injured players back in the side, we would have easily seen off Wednesday. Bright spots for me were Alfie Doughty and Darren Pratley. Young Alfie showed fantastic pace and ability, while Pratley showed his experience by holding our midfield together.
     Throw in a couple of great saves from Dillon; a Bonne who is growing in confidence every game; some tremendous blocks by Lockyer; an energetic performance by Oz PLUS new owners and it ain't all bad. Let's look to the future.
  • Options
    To be fair to the ref, he didn't give it. His assistant told him there was contact. I think it was a case of their player looking for the contact but VAR wouldn't have overturned it after it was given. It's football.