Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Sheff Wed | Sat 30 Nov | 12:30 KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Rarely get everything good at once with the Addicks do we?  Well i suppose that is why we aint supporting one of the more sucessful clubs.

Nothing but admiration for Bows and the remaining squad, i hope we pick up soon.

Up the Addicks!
  • Happy days. Great effort from the kids. Loads of mistakes all over the pitch, but the D Team put in a shift, and given a half decent ref we might have got something from the game.
    Without the takeover I might have descended into a slough of despond when they scored their third, but somehow, the future seems a lot rosier than it did on Thursday! Onwards and upwards with Bower and his team getting new contracts, Taylor hopefully being retained, and roll on the January window.

• Was it Fox that crossed for their 1st goal? Very good cross and very good header
    No, Bannan
  • It's not a level playing field, is it?

If we'd told the EFL that we had 14 senior players sick with a gastric flu bug, the match would have been postponed.

That's happened before in the Premier League.

• Lockyer banned next Saturday so if Pearce and Sarr plays, which one plays on the right? Bowyer also one with the sick bug. Considering the players left I thought up to the last goal, we did all that was expected. Really pleased with Doughty. Just have to hope when most of the injured players are back, we have enough skill to move up the table to safety. Be interesting to see the type of players Bowyer and Gallen bring in, in January when the can actually pay for a player
  • The type of performance most of us expected this year, but not by a second string. Can put this behind us and kick on again. Wednesday have more to worry about than us.
  • ross1 said:
    Lockyer banned next Saturday so if Pearce and Sarr plays, which one plays on the right? Bowyer also one with the sick bug. Considering the players left I thought up to the last goal, we did all that was expected. Really pleased with Doughty. Just have to hope when most of the injured players are back, we have enough skill to move up the table to safety. Be interesting to see the type of players Bowyer and Gallen bring in, in January when the can actually pay for a player
    Could also play Oshilaja in Defence - Dont forget Gallagher will be back
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019

Brentford 5-0 up at HT versus Luton.

And Bristol City already 5-2 up against Huddersfield.

• We are going to lose a couple more before we start getting back to being able to compete I fear. Can't fault the effort and penalty felt a bit soft to me. 
  • Can’t really fault the effort.  I actually think Sheff Wed are pretty poor. It’s frustrating because a team with Taylor, Williams, Cullen and Gallagher would have rolled them over today.

Doughty was the pick of our players.  That’s about it really.  

The highlight of home games at the moment is the bellend who sits in front of me. Previously he has referred to Leko as Jérémy Lenko. Today we had Jason Jennings (Vennings) and Alfie Doffty (Doughty). 
    I'd have to move.
  • ross1 said:
    Lockyer banned next Saturday so if Pearce and Sarr plays, which one plays on the right? Bowyer also one with the sick bug. Considering the players left I thought up to the last goal, we did all that was expected. Really pleased with Doughty. Just have to hope when most of the injured players are back, we have enough skill to move up the table to safety. Be interesting to see the type of players Bowyer and Gallen bring in, in January when the can actually pay for a player
    Could also play Oshilaja in Defence - Dont forget Gallagher will be back
    Or Pratley
  • Was it Fox that crossed for their 1st goal? Very good cross and very good header
    No, it was Barry Bannan.
    No, it was Barry Bannan.
    Fox is the one that passes it back to Bannan
  • edited November 2019
    Luton now losing 6-0 at Brentford after 71 mins.

Next week's oppo Boro losing 4-0 at Leeds.

• edited November 2019
    Can't criticise the players today. All put a shift in & quite a few are playing well above their station. 

Special mention to Dougherty. Great turn of pace & the assist for the goal is something I'd been waiting Purrington to do. That's wing back play for you.

Just hoping we can start getting a few players back & stabilise. Not expecting us to shoot up the league but stop the losses & pick up the odd win should see us cement mid table. First time we've lost by more than the odd goal  whereas currently Luton, boro & Huddersfield are shipping goals.

Not seen the penalties again but wouldnt surprise me if we were robbed of one in the 2nd half. Lockyer was complaing to the ref  for the rest of the half & not surprised he got booked. 
  • lot of positives from the game for me. 

Doughty and Morgan look good, Ben I ha got a run out and didn’t look out of place.

Lockyer made some fantastic blocks and continues to look like a really decent defender.
    Oshilaje looked good in that role to me.

At 1-1 we should have a pen. We were in north upper and it was a clear and blatant push on Lockyer in the area as he was about to challenge for the ball. If we had gone 2-1 up I think we would have drawn or maybe won even with the so many players out and with sickness in those out there.

on the downside Oztumer could have done more, Sarr players great passes but defensively he still looks like an accident waiting to happen too often and is about as good as Makienok in the air. Lockyer losing control and mouthing off at the ref was understandable but unfortunate. Defending for the crosses wasn’t great. 

We didn’t look outclassed in my view. 1-3 definitely flatters them. 

• Sponsored links:

• Oztumer is no Williams. Dont mean to be harsh but a no so far for me
  • LouisMend said:
    ”And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".”
  • shine166 said:
    Whos sitting left of new chairman?
    Gallen
    I meant his left sorry. 
  • Scoreline flattered Wednesday. If their A team need the ref to make sure they beat our injury ravaged team they're kidding themselves if they think they're going anywhere. Hope we get them in the play offs ;)

Phillips MOM for me; Doughty did very well, didn't realise Morgan was sick so that explains why he was under par.  Ref was ok in first half and terrible in 2nd. Allowed the Massives to take Ozzie out consistently without a card, ending up with him being so shattered he had to come off. Cheap bookings for us. MIssed our penalty, just seemed desperate not to give anything to us - particularly Lockyer and Oshilaja who the ref ignored fouls on all the time. 
  • Wasn't expecting a win given the number of player out, I was expecting a better atmosphere though  maybe everyone was still in shock that we're finally rid of the rancid old scrote.  Can't fault the young lads who came in to the team though, Doughty looks like a very decent prospect.

The ref was a total Jekyll and Hyde.  Perfectly fine 1st half, but absolutely awful in the second half. Now we lose Oztumer, basically kicked off the pitch by Wednesday, and the ref has done nothing to protect the players.  If he hands out a booking for the first nasty tackle through the back of him, as he should have done, maybe (maybe!) that puts an end to that.  Instead he just lets everyone carry on kicking the shit out of him.  Top tip ref:  You're not "letting the play flow", you're ignoring players breaking the rules.

• Best part of the day, well done everyone who contributed to this, Feck off forever Douchebag!

• We did as best as we could under the circumstances...positives doughty  our best player..negatives..I am afraid naby isn't up to the standards of concentration and application at this level...the takeover has come just in time