Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker

Comments

• We need a love button
  • Can't wait
  • Bring it on.
  • Is that Palpatine laughing at the end!!!!!!!?????? 
  • No other film trailers give me chills like that. Awesome 
  • Not for me . The franchise is so dull . 
  • cafcpolo said:
    Is that Palpatine laughing at the end!!!!!!!?????? 
    Yup
  • stonemuse said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Yup
    Thought so. My god, can't wait! 
  • cafcwill said:
    We need a love button
    Your missus has got one. Ask her to show you where it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    Can’t wait. Took my then 9 year old to the last one, 40 years after my mum took me to the first as a 9 year old.

Not sure which one of us is more excited about the new film.

Who am I kidding, it’s me.
  • edited April 2019
    clb74 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    The wife said it's the bloke out of thriller
    Vincent Price tell her and give her my regards :wink:
  • RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Vincent Price :wink:
    No, it’s Michael Jackson mate.
  • Is Palpatine the Emperor?
  • edited April 2019
    It doesn't have the magic for me anymore but I'm sure I'll watch it.
  • RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Vincent Price :wink:
    No, it’s Michael Jackson mate.
    Bad! :wink:
    Yes. At the launch, the actor who plays him (Ian McDiarmid) apparently walked out at the end of the trailer and said “roll it again” in the emperors voice.
    Yes. At the launch, the actor who plays him (Ian McDiarmid) apparently walked out at the end of the trailer and said “roll it again” in the emperors voice.
    Was he wearing new clothes?
  • What I find really interesting is that J.J. has taken some of Rian Johnson’s visual style on board. The camera moves, particularly in the opening Rey scene, are just like TLJ. Looks a lot like the training scene with the rock. Didn’t expect J.J. to do that. His visual flourishes are usually Spielberg moves!

• As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars is dead and buried. They let Rian Johnson throw out the planned trilogy story line and just do whatever the hell he liked with no clue about what happens next.  The Last Jedi was nothing but an act of cinematic vandalism, all to satisfy Johnson's horrible preening ego.

Jar Jar  Abrams is not the man to save Star Wars.  He's part of the problem in the first place, thanks to his copy and paste hack job on The Force Awakens.

Go back and watch the only 3 good Star Wars films.  Don't waste your time and money on this re-bodged garbage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:
    As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars is dead and buried. They let Rian Johnson throw out the planned trilogy story line and just do whatever the hell he liked with no clue about what happens next.  The Last Jedi was nothing but an act of cinematic vandalism, all to satisfy Johnson's horrible preening ego.

Jar Jar  Abrams is not the man to save Star Wars.  He's part of the problem in the first place, thanks to his copy and paste hack job on The Force Awakens.

Go back and watch the only 3 good Star Wars films.  Don't waste your time and money on this re-bodged garbage.

They never had a planned trilogy storyline. While I wish that they did, I thought Johnson made all the right decisions and thoroughly enjoyed TLJ. I get that some people didn’t like it (and personally I thought Finn/ Boyega was bloody awful in it), you can’t call it “nothing but cinematic vandalism” when a huge chunk of the audience love the film. 
  • I enjoy the prequels as much as i enjoy the original films. I'd go as far to say I prefer Revenge of the Sith over Return on the Jedi. A lot if really good stuff came out of those films. Pod Racing, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Order 66, General Grievous the lightsaber fight between Yoda and Palpatine, plus loads more stuff.
  • Missed It said:
    As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars is dead and buried. They let Rian Johnson throw out the planned trilogy story line and just do whatever the hell he liked with no clue about what happens next.  The Last Jedi was nothing but an act of cinematic vandalism, all to satisfy Johnson's horrible preening ego.

Fully agree... the involvement of the older characters; i.e. Bringing back Yoda in TLJ and especially Palpatine in this one feels an act of desperation to get fans back

As Jimmy says, the fact they didnt plan a proper trilogy storyline means that for me these three have been a complete car crash with a lot of fatalities

Its a shame really as Disney have done so well letting Kevin Feige get on with 22-films for the MCU it makes you wonder how they've possibly been unable to get three films right for Star Wars, especially when it could have been an excellent three film series as enjoyed the prequels by George Lucas nearly as much as I enjoyed the original three
  • Ok yes - Lucas had an outline that they binned. There’s no reason to an assume that was going to be a better story though.

And given that RJ was visiting the TFA set to talk to JJ about his storyline I think it’s a stretch to imply that they abandoned his story too. To me, it sounds like you don’t like TLJ so you’re finding ways to give RJ a kicking. 

And it’s also a bit much to call it a ‘creatively bankrupt’ move to bring Palps back when you’ve got absolutely no idea of what context he’ll be involved. I respect your dislike of a film you’ve seen, but it’s ludicrous to moan about a film that hasn’t even been made yet. 

And its it’s also a little ironic that you’ve complained about the dumping of Lucas’s plans, when JJ has just admitted Lucas helped him with the story outline on the new film - and it seems likely Lucas was behind the Palps idea!

I think TLJ is an excellent, grown-up Star Wars movie. The third best in the franchise. Saying stuff like “killed Luke on a whim” is utter nonsense. I think RJ would have worked incredibly hard on the script and thought deeply about the story decisions. Again, not liking them is fine. But dismissing them because you don’t like them undermines your argument. 

Personally, I think RJ struggled to give Finn a plot line. What he came up with made perfect narrative sense in regards to spreading the word of the resistance, revealing the grey areas of the war machine business and so on. I just think the execution of the subplot didn’t quite work because Finn is a shitty character to write (I wish he’d let him sacrifice himself). It bothers me, but I won’t claim RJ wrote it on the back of a beer mat in a pub. 

Those are my feelings. I know them to be true. 

• Too big a beer mat would be. Hmmh
  • edited April 2019
    Let’s hope the next episode is a bit more enjoyable than the last one. For me there were a lot of things wrong with The Last Jedi  including the comedic aspect which took it away from being something otherworldly ( kicking off the film with a running gag from the Simpsons especially annoyed me). I thought the action sequences were superb but all the other stuff in between was not what I expected from this universe.