Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    What with lockdown, and the enjoyment I've had from the Mandalorian (and excitement at the thought of the Boba Fett series to come), I'm kind of disappointed now that Disney didn't stick to their guns about the Solo films.

As an idea, you could have as many or as few films as you wanted (and a TV series) and involve as many (and as shady) characters as you could desire, and not a Skywalker in sight - though there could be cameo roles for other characters from the first films/Clone Wars series.

It would be a great way of opening up new storylines.

Personally, "JiMMy 85", I really want to see more of Doctor Aphra (I may have recently splurged on the omnibus comic book graphic novel), she's an absolutely brilliant character.
  • Options
    What with lockdown, and the enjoyment I've had from the Mandalorian (and excitement at the thought of the Boba Fett series to come), I'm kind of disappointed now that Disney didn't stick to their guns about the Solo films.

As an idea, you could have as many or as few films as you wanted (and a TV series) and involve as many (and as shady) characters as you could desire, and not a Skywalker in sight - though there could be cameo roles for other characters from the first films/Clone Wars series.

It would be a great way of opening up new storylines.

Personally, "JiMMy 85", I really want to see more of Doctor Aphra (I may have recently splurged on the omnibus comic book graphic novel), she's an absolutely brilliant character.
    The next phase should satisfy sci-go/Star Wars fans that have had their fill of the Skywalker family, bar perhaps ObiWan series as KK has confirmed that Obi Vader met again... Cannot wait for all, particularly Ahsoka and her chase of Thrawn if that transpires. 
  • Options
    I cannot be the only person who enjoys the sequel trilogy?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I like TFA, it's pretty paint by numbers, but still enjoyable, I dislike TLJ heavily and hate TROS .

My hardcore Star Wars fan mate likes TLJ now but only after re-watching it multiple times (He still despises the Leia Poppins scene). Even he still can't stand TROS - honestly can't think of a redeeming feature of the third film, TLJ at least had some good points.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    No, I loved them mate. Some bits didn't work but when I go to watch films like that, I want to be entertained, not sit there picking holes in the plot etc.
  • Options
    not sure if i posted this before, but a brilliant video on why ROS is a fucking awful film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zZFtq13c4
  • Options
    I had a blast watching all three of the sequels. The hype and build up, getting to see the crawl and all that stuff. Clearly it's possible to enjoy films without thinking they're very good (although I do love 90% of TLJ). The franchise just seems better when its not trying to tell stories around people we already know. Although I love McGregor as Obi Wan so I want to see that series!!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I had a blast watching all three of the sequels. The hype and build up, getting to see the crawl and all that stuff. Clearly it's possible to enjoy films without thinking they're very good (although I do love 90% of TLJ). The franchise just seems better when its not trying to tell stories around people we already know. Although I love McGregor as Obi Wan so I want to see that series!!
    Definitely needs to move away from the Skywalker stuff. Obi-Wan doesn't count though  <3
  • Options
    My favourite of the newer films has been Rogue One. That was very good without having to try and crowbar in certain characters or cheap jokes
  • Options
    It's annoying as the Kylo Ren redemption arc could have been really decent, and Adam Driver is so good.  The stuff with him and Rey in TLJ was the best bit of that film by a country mile.

I feel like his storyline almost worked really well, Rey was alright, the rest of the trilogy was generally a bit of a mess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    No, I loved them mate. Some bits didn't work but when I go to watch films like that, I want to be entertained, not sit there picking holes in the plot etc.
    Sorry, I actually meant to write prequel trilogy. As a story I think Revenge of of the Sith is better than any of the sequel trilogy films. It was massively let-down by some terrible casting and script holes.

My opinion is people are caught up in nostalgia. Was Jar Jar Binks any more annoying than Chief Chirpa or Salacious Crumb?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Sorry, I actually meant to write prequel trilogy. As a story I think Revenge of of the Sith is better than any of the sequel trilogy films. It was massively let-down by some terrible casting and script holes.

My opinion is people are caught up in nostalgia. Was Jar Jar Binks any more annoying than Chief Chirpa or Salacious Crumb?
    Ah, in that case, they’re all fucking shit IMHO.
  • Options
    My favourite of the newer films has been Rogue One. That was very good without having to try and crowbar in certain characters or cheap jokes
    Rogue one and the mandolorian were what the sequels should’ve been. Brilliant stories with a handful of references and character cameos to the original films
  • Options
    not sure if i posted this before, but a brilliant video on why ROS is a fucking awful film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zZFtq13c4
    Love screen rant.