Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options

Holt and Vardy were a long way behind Grant when they were 21.

Vardy at 21 was playing for Stockbridge park steels in level 8 of EFL

Holt at 21 was playing for Barrow in Level 6 of EFL.

Grant game is based on running behind defenders so is a similar style to Jamie Vardy. Will he have the career that Vardy has reached ? Extremely unlikely. But the fact is he is buzz lightyears ahead of Vardy was at 21.

Good luck and I for one won't give Grant stick next season when he plays at the Valley.................................................in the FA cup.

Jesus was just a chippies kid when he was 21.
    It used always be claimed that keepers developed later anyway....
  • Options
    Ah .... something to read while I have my lunch.

Thank you, Grapevine.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Without doubt the best post I have ever read on Charlton Life..... echos my own beliefs completely about this shambles of a football club that I support.
    Written in an eloquent manner that I could only dream of.

well said Grapevine49!!!!!
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Leuth said:

1StevieG said:

Not that bothered he has gone.

I'll not be bothered if we bring someone in.

If we don't, then we're hoping Fosu learns 'striker' pretty damn quickly
    I have got so used to seeing anyone half decent get sold on for next to nowt I am numbed to it. Good luck to him I hope he does well but I don’t think he is a natural goalscorer.
    Strangely very fast players like Grant other than the young Michael Owen aren't good finishers. Walcott and Townsend score great goals but miss a myriad of tap ins.
    But Karlan did have 14 goals in the third tier which means we will miss him big time when as expected his replacement has had no game time this season or has a sticker on his windscreen for a prime parking space.
  • Options

"we move on". Some will shrug their acceptance, others will be annoyed they once again thought "this time it will be different" while a few more will simply walk away.

infinitum whilst Roland remains
  • Options
    if we played huddersfield tomorrow i reckon some would want him to score a hat trick against us, cheers for the goals and all that dont blame him but not going to fawn over him - he has gone and we move on
  • Options
    Can’t blame the lad. Chance to play in the PL on 3 times the wages. I wouldn’t turn that down. He has bags of pace plus is physically strong so has the basic assets to succeed. I don’t think Huddersfield will be the perfect match for him but he’s in the shop window at a higher level so it’s part of his career progression. Good luck to him.

What is more relevant is why does a league allow a transfer window in the middle of a season. All this does is creates unrest and panders to the bigger clubs whilst the smaller clubs suffer. The same could be said of the Parker move to Chelsea so it happens at all levels and is just as disruptive.

There’s no need for it and I can’t see the logic behind it apart from making sure the bigger clubs retain control. Money talks and if a carrot is dangled then it will almost always be taken.

I think we’ll move on without Grant. I believe Bowyer & Jackson have the nuance to keep our momentum going but that doesn’t detract from the unnecessary drama this ludicrous transfer window creates. The fact that it ultimately ‘slams’ shut says it all really.

So, good luck Karlan. I would have loved to have seen you stay until the end of the season as you have been a big part in what Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen have been putting together but the league have scuppered that. Take the money and run as, for a large part, that’s exactly what the mid season transfer window promotes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

if we played huddersfield tomorrow i reckon some would want him to score a hat trick against us, cheers for the goals and all that dont blame him but not going to fawn over him - he has gone and we move on

Has anyone even hinted at that?
  • Options
    Huddersfield manager said in a press conference that he sees something special in Grant like he did in Sancho
  • Options
    Grant just called it The Premiership in a press conference Booooooooo
  • Options

Huddersfield manager said in a press conference that he sees something special in Grant like he did in Sancho

Nice of him to say that but I highly doubt he'd ever seen him play.
  • Options

That was after his 1st training session he said it
  • Options

But no doubt he'd been watched before - Hudders were reported to have had a scout at our Shrewsbury game.

Andy Hughes the culprit, no doubt ...... he'd have been aware of Karlan's goal scoring exploits for our youth team a few years ago.

• Options
    Barnsley's assistant manager joined them last week as well, so would know a bit about Grant, had a good match against them iirc.
  • Options
    Brilliant post Grapevine eloquently expressed my feelings as well.
  • Options

Brilliant post Grapevine eloquently expressed my feelings as well.

I always pass them on.
  • Options
    At least he is at peace now...

RIP = Roland Is Painful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No surprise that he starts from the bench today

Will no doubt get his chance at some stage unless Huddersfield are leading
  • Options

Grant just called it The Premiership in a press conference Booooooooo

That is the original term isn't it? EPL is for all the plastics and armchair fans
  • Options

No surprise that he starts from the bench today

Will no doubt get his chance at some stage unless Huddersfield are leading

Joining Lookman who is on the bench for Everton today. Premier league bench warmers of the future.
  • Options
    Sitting on the bench against Chelsea or starting against Fleetwood? That's the equivalent to working the deep fat fryer at McDonalds or dishing out bergamont mash at a Michelin stared resturant.
    Seriously, who could blame him for going.
  • Options
    From League 2 to Premiership in less than a season!
    Bet he's glad he didn't re-sign for Crawley when Clarke got injured
  • Options
    Hope he gets on today.
  • Options
    So Huddersfield get an early winger injury so Grant gets left on the bench for a foreign bloke who has struggled to score this season
  • Options

So Huddersfield get an early winger injury so Grant gets left on the bench for a foreign bloke who has struggled to score this season

Grant isn't a winger though