Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

So Huddersfield get an early winger injury so Grant gets left on the bench for a foreign bloke who has struggled to score this season

Grant isn't a winger though
    Played on the flank of a 4-3-3 for Crawley

Doesnt matter as its 2-0 Chelsea
  • Options
    Fair play, just come on.
  • Options
    Hope he scores
  • Options

Hope he scores

So does Roland as imagine those addons will include a payment after X number of goals scored
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

So Huddersfield get an early winger injury so Grant gets left on the bench for a foreign bloke who has struggled to score this season

Grant isn't a winger though
    Played on the flank of a 4-3-3 for Crawley
    He was working the channels. That doesn't make him a winger though.

• Options
    BR3red said:

ct_addick said:

I would have kept him for promotion push and let him go free in summer. Surely the championship is worth more than 1.5 mil? Shows the ambition or lack of it for the club

And for Karlan. He will be in the Championship next year and League One the year after that, never to be seen again.
    Harsh

He is a young man just starting his career. I know emotions are high but don’t wish ill will on him because it doesn’t suit CAFC or you

He may not set new records everywhere he goes but he has certainly shown some promise.

To say never to be seen again makes you look a little silly
    Disagree, makes him look very silly
  • Options
    Solid decision to sell as shown today 😡
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Shitweasel had put a CEO in charge of running our club Grant would have been on a far longer contract than the one he was on.
    Only one person to blame for him leaving.
    Good luck Karlan
    Fuck off Roland

Grant would of just gone for more money £2.5 million + and bowyer would of still got f@ck all
  • Options

ct_addick said:

I would have kept him for promotion push and let him go free in summer. Surely the championship is worth more than 1.5 mil? Shows the ambition or lack of it for the club

And for Karlan. He will be in the Championship next year and League One the year after that, never to be seen again.
    Whilst never having to work again.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
  • Options
    Interesting to read on the Chelsea Match Thread (Huddersfield Forum) about him, not many comments but he won a corner straight after coming on (partly due to a heavy touch) - Apparently tried some clever runs yet got ignored for the square ball most of the time

Think thats why he'll struggle in the Premier League for goals this season... his new team mates are getting tonked every week, they're always going to favour the safe passes rather than the risky ones because they'll be worried that the ball coming back will end up in the net again
  • Options

Well I'm amazed that a premier League club have come in for him. He's League One at best and won't get a game in the Championship.

Nonetheless, I wish him the best of luck.

He's 21 ffs he may well improve!! People like Simon Francis have shown that we as fans know nothing at times.
  • Options
    A striker in a poor team creating nothing is on a hiding to nothing really, but it’s a big stepping stone for him, both financially but also as a career landmark.
    Personally I don’t think he’s good enough for that step up BUT don’t blame him for accepting the offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People say Grant's not good enough for the Premier League and they might be right in the present tense. But lots of people last year were saying he's not good enough for League One and he improved. That's what Huddersfield have bought....potential. They feel he's on an upward curve and for a few quid (to them) he's worth a punt.

We did a similar thing with Jerome Thomas. Had a punt on a young player with potential and then he took his chance.
  • Options
    I don't blame Karlan for taking the money and moving to a Premier League team, however they are certainties for relegation and I can see them being in the bottom half of the championship this time next season, so it may not be as good a move as he thought.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Anyone criticising Grant for moving is an absolute epic bell-end.

That’s about all you need to say on the matter.

That's football though isn't it. My brain tells me a 21 year old made his premiership debut yesterday at Stamford Bridge after running around a half empty Peterborough ground last week. But my heart (which is the part that follows Charlton) thinks he's a greedy prick that has derailed our season.

You can't put logic and football together.
  • Options
    Wonder if he’ll be back in 12 months time to charlton if it doesn’t work out for him, crazier things have happened!
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Wonder if he’ll be back in 12 months time to charlton if it doesn’t work out for him, crazier things have happened!

How would that work ?

1) We don't look to pay transfer fees.

2) Do you think he would give up his possible £1M pa wages, to come back to Charlton for say £250K pa ?
  • Options
    (Very big dose of wishful thinking)

Charlton get promoted
    Takeover in the summer
    Huddersfield slide into the championship
    As we sit in 8th spot in the chsmpionship in January 2020
    And Huddersfield continue their decline,stuck in the bottom 3 , Karlan jumps ship again for ‘his boyhood club’ and returns back to the Valley

Would Charlton fans ever welcome him back?
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Charlton get promoted
    Takeover in the summer
    And Huddersfield continue their decline,stuck in the bottom 3 , Karlan jumps ship again for ‘his boyhood club’ and returns back to the Valley

Hell yeah would always welcome him back... He didnt down tools and refuse to train etc to engineer the move - Had he done any dirty tricks like that then I'd agree with a lot of the annoyed comments about him leaving and would love to see him fail
  • Options

Charlton get promoted
    Takeover in the summer

I'd welcome him back today :smile:
  • Options
    Except if we were 8th and they were bottom three I doubt there’d be a clamour. There might be the feeling that we’d moved on.