Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Except if we were 8th and they were bottom three I doubt there’d be a clamour. There might be the feeling that we’d moved on.

ala Bowyer about Ricky Holmes
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Except if we were 8th and they were bottom three I doubt there’d be a clamour. There might be the feeling that we’d moved on.

Would still welcome him back
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I'd still welcome Ricky back. Let's be honest, Gillingham have got a much better deal. They got Holmes and offloaded Parker to us. Probably can't believe their luck. Wonder if scally offered to drive Parker to Charlton on a valley express coach?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    We won’t finish above Huddersfield until the runt that owns us sells
    No matter how shit Huddersfield become .
  • Options
    drewman said:

JamesSeed said:

I'd still welcome Ricky back. Let's be honest, Gillingham have got a much better deal. They got Holmes and offloaded Parker to us. Probably can't believe their luck. Wonder if scally offered to drive Parker to Charlton on a valley express coach?
    Have you seen Parker play much then drewman? Only saw his 40 mins and I wouldn’t write him off on that evidence.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

drewman said:

JamesSeed said:

Have you seen Parker play much then drewman? Only saw his 40 mins and I wouldn’t write him off on that evidence.
    Parker scored a well taken goal last season at The Valley.

• Options
    drewman said:

JamesSeed said:

Holmes has had a back injury for months (which was possibly why Oxford slipped into the relegation zone).
    He's still not fit for another month I believe.
  • Options
    We got the better deal time will tell
  • Options
    cazo said:

We got the better deal time will tell

£1.5m and cost us promotion.

How on earth is that the better deal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drewman said:

JamesSeed said:

I wouldn’t want Ricky back. Nothing to do with his transfer away from us, just don’t think he’s that good
  • Options
    What? He's one of the most exciting players we've had down the valley since premier League relegation.
  • Options

Even if Karlan flops at Huddersfield we still havent got the better deal @cazo

Losing Grant could ultimatly cost us promotion and if it does the following will happen.

1-We will lose out on money for promotion and Championship revenue next season.

2-We will have no chance of keeping players like Aribo, BFG and other out of contract players.

3-Roland wont change his price and we may still not have a new owner by September in which case we probably wont have signed many players and hardly have a team.

All 3 of those will cost alot more than £1.5M so as I stated even if Karlan flops unless we still get promoted you cannot say we have got the better deal

I assumed that @cazo meant a better deal than Gillingham. Us getting Parker and them taking on (the currently injured) Holmes
  • Options
    edited February 2019

if we played huddersfield tomorrow i reckon some would want him to score a hat trick against us, cheers for the goals and all that dont blame him but not going to fawn over him - he has gone and we move on

Has anyone even hinted at that?
    just likening it to when we played powells southend and a few posters would of "liked" to of seen a draw.

leaving at the 1st offer you get is a bit childish as i think end of season he may of got more money etc.
  • Options

if we played huddersfield tomorrow i reckon some would want him to score a hat trick against us, cheers for the goals and all that dont blame him but not going to fawn over him - he has gone and we move on

just likening it to when we played powells southend and a few posters would of "liked" to of seen a draw.

leaving at the 1st offer you get is a bit childish as i think end of season he may of got more money etc.
    So no one said it or hinted at it.

So he's childish for going now but all those saying he's shit, greedy, will get splinterswill disappear in a few seasons, etc etc are acting like adults.

He made a tough choice, he might have got more in the summer or he might have got less.
  • Options

So he's childish for going now but all those saying he's shit, greedy, will get splinterswill disappear in a few seasons, etc etc are acting like adults.

He made a tough choice, he might have got more in the summer or he might have got less.
    yeah the petulant piss taking of him is also childish, he isn't the best striker we have so makes no odds - i just expected him to at least stay till end of season ( bit of loyalty - after all we are in the playoffs and he could of helped us get up ) always leaves a bad taste in mouth as my last memory of him will be taking a shit penalty then up to yorkshire the next day to film a video for his new club, that are going to be a champiobship side next season.

as it is an forum and this is a charlton subject i am entitled to an opinion.
  • Options

yeah the petulant piss taking of him is also childish, he isn't the best striker we have so makes no odds - i just expected him to at least stay till end of season ( bit of loyalty - after all we are in the playoffs and he could of helped us get up ) always leaves a bad taste in mouth as my last memory of him will be taking a shit penalty then up to yorkshire the next day to film a video for his new club, that are going to be a champiobship side next season.

No one said you weren't entitled to an opinion but by the same token other people are allowed to disagree with your opinion and to point out that no one had said what you were suggesting they said. You're not entitled to your own facts.

• Options

My current work contract runs until August, if another school came to me willing to quadruple my salary, I'd be off in a shot.

I like my current school, I like the owner of the school and I get on with most of my co-workers, none of that is relevant when it comes to doing what's best for my family.
    Even if that school was in Huddersfield?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

My current work contract runs until August, if another school came to me willing to quadruple my salary, I'd be off in a shot.

I like my current school, I like the owner of the school and I get on with most of my co-workers, none of that is relevant when it comes to doing what's best for my family.
    Even if that school was in Huddersfield?
    I lived in Hull for 3 years, clearly I'm not fussy.
  • Options

even if that meant your current school would take a plummet?.

suppose we are never going to be over the moon, whats more gutting is that no money was re-invested.

• Options

And then people would moan at him like they did with Poyet
  • Options
    The word “childish” is being thrown around, the only childish thing is to expect a footballer to show “loyalty” towards a football club.
  • Options

even if that meant your current school would take a plummet?.

suppose we are never going to be over the moon, whats more gutting is that no money was re-invested.

Not only is the answer yes but I'd actively try and take students with me if I got a % of their fees at the new school.

Your second paragraph is spot on, we should be angey with RD, not Grant.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Example of 1 player who showed "Loyalty."

Jamie Vardy was offered 120k to go to Arsenal a couple of seasons ago.
    Leicester then offered him 100k to stay.

Jamie was playing every week at Leicester and getting his adrenaline rush. If he moved to Arsenal he would rotate with the other forwards.
    100k to 120k doesn't change your affulence life style plus he had already won the Premier title and they want to make a Hollywood film about his rise from the non League to title winner, more dosh.

Say Grant was on 3k, the ITK folk said 6K was on offer at Cafc.
    Grant was offered 20K with a 3 and a half year contract and a chance to tell his grand children he played games in the Premiership. (Before playing in the Championship for the rest of his career most likely)

Loyalty doesn't come into it for a 21 year old like Grant.
    Vardy was all ready set up for life at Leicester so his decision also wasn't to do with loyalty but where he felt he would get more games time. (29 or 30 when he turned Arsenal down)
  • Options
    How many people would stay loyal to their company/place of work if a competitor came along and offered to quadruple their wages?

• Options
    PopIcon said:

How many people would stay loyal to their company/place of work if a competitor came along and offered to quadruple their wages?

None, they would all jump ship.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Playing away at Fleetwood or Stamford Bridge? Hmmm, that's a thinker...