Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pokemon Go...

A new, free Pokemon game downloadable on iOS and Android stores in certain countries.

Comes under the category of "augmented reality" because you use the GPS on your phone to locate the Pokemon and have to travel to those locations to "catch" them.

Taking USA, Australia and New Zealand by storm with adults and kids walking to the local parks or driving for 15-20 minutes to catch a Bulbasaur...

No UK release date yet. Have to admit I'll be one of the first ones to download it when it arrives.

Comments

• Got it already mate

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/what-pokmon-go-how-new-8378234

You can download it using the link if on android, it has a few teething problems but it's pretty cool. Drains battery like a bitch though
  • Started with Charmander by the way, standard
  • It's all anyone's talking about here. I couldn't be more annoyed
  • sam3110 said:

Got it already mate

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/what-pokmon-go-how-new-8378234

You can download it using the link if on android, it has a few teething problems but it's pretty cool. Drains battery like a bitch though

Me too!
  • edited July 2016
    Say wont install on my S5 :( not compatible , followed link and wouldnt let me choose device on drop down bit.
  • Seems a bit boring to me but if it gets kids (and adults!) out walking more rather than sitting on the sofa that can only be a good thing!!
  • edited July 2016
    are you not a bit old to play Pokemon?
  • Just what we need, more people walking around staring at their phones. Might help cleanse the gene pool a bit more though.
  • Sponsored links:

• if you have ios (iphone) sign out of your app store account on settings > app store, then create a new app store account that gives an address in america and download it that way. You can then sign out and back in to your normal one and its fine.

works great, just sucks so much battery life, i hope they improve that soon.
  • LuckyReds said:

Thats the unimaginatively called Swanna.
  • I have zero life
  • It's these concept as geocaching

It will rinse your battery as it uses gps
  • Apparently, the building i live is a 'Poke Stop' - i have no idea.
  • if you have ios (iphone) sign out of your app store account on settings > app store, then create a new app store account that gives an address in america and download it that way. You can then sign out and back in to your normal one and its fine.

Can't do this because you need to enter a US billing address?
  • cafcinse6 said:

if you have ios (iphone) sign out of your app store account on settings > app store, then create a new app store account that gives an address in america and download it that way. You can then sign out and back in to your normal one and its fine.

Can't do this because you need to enter a US billing address?
    you can enter no billing address, just enter google with "random us address" and there'll be loads of websites that generate a random US address.
  • Diego and a Rattata... He just sat there and let it attack me the little bastard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Diego and a Rattata... He just sat there and let it attack me the little bastard.

5% battery there, how many minutes of catching them all did that get you?
  • edited July 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Diego and a Rattata... He just sat there and let it attack me the little bastard.

Fair play to them, the one on the right is very realistic.
  • Dazzler21 said:

5% battery there, how many minutes of catching them all did that get you?
    About 2 and a half minutes... I'm not sure why it's such a huge game at the moment.

It's a bit boring tbh. Plus there's no swearing, blood or gore.
  • Saw someone playing this on the bus over the weekend. Looked dull as f**k to be honest!
  • Dazzler21 said:

There's something a bit noncey about all of this.

Any reason why you think it's OK to call users of a video game paedophiles?

The game is about catching violent creatures to make them fight against each other?

I'm not sure how it is in anyway noncey?

Maybe it'd take someone with that mental illness to be able to see it in that kind of way.
    Looks like I've caught a Dazzachu. What do I win?
    A life?