Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pokemon Go...

Comments

• Options

Someone downloaded for me yesterday, i had a look on lunch and its not all that. Think its the novelty really, i used to like pokemon growing up so thought id have a look. Reckon it will soon wear off and within a few weeks will be yesterdays news and noone will be playing it.

Hate to say i told you so... around 6-7 people in my work were playing it every lunch time/ break etc. went on a bit longer than i thought. However it looks like none of them are playing it now. :)

Each to their own if people still play it just didn't really feel like the old pokemon to me, i imagine most people would feel the same.
  • Options
    Was on the train in today and there were two people in eyesight still having a conversation with their partner or person they travel in with tapping away on pokestops and catching crap on the way in.

It's not dead yet but it's not the craze it was for sure.
  • Options
    Eh it just got repetitive (catch Pidgey, catch Rattata, catch Pidgey, get Pokeballs from Pokestop, catch Pidgey...) so I deleted it off my phone after about 2-3 weeks.
  • Options
    I think it needed a bit more effort than opening it up at home.

There was one weekend when my son was well into it, August bank holiday, where we went to Blackheath and there were about 200 people up there all trying to catch a rare one (Charmanders I think it was), in the group of 8 we ended up with, running around like mad people there were 3 locals, one from Poland who had come over especially and 2 from Nottingham who had been at Holland Park the day before catching Bulbasoar and us two.

Apparently similar number in Greenwich park where the local speciality was Machop.

It was truly very very odd.
  • Options

There was one weekend when my son was well into it, August bank holiday, where we went to Blackheath and there were about 200 people up there all trying to catch a rare one (Charmanders I think it was), in the group of 8 we ended up with, running around like mad people there were 3 locals, one from Poland who had come over especially and 2 from Nottingham who had been at Holland Park the day before catching Bulbasoar and us two.

Apparently similar number in Greenwich park where the local speciality was Machop.

anyone know what he's talking about !!
  • Options

Jesus wept.
  • Options
    I went into tonbridge late one evening near the castle someone had put a lure up there and there must have 100 people there at 1 am
    All very strange
  • Options
    So anyone still playing this
  • Options
    My daughter plays it every day!
  • Options
    So anyone still playing this
    I'm surprised at how many adults I see playing this on the train.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grow up.
  • Options
    A guy I work with is really into it

Has been over to Germany (Dortmund I think) where there have been proper Pokemon Go events
  • Options
    TBH I stopped about 2017.

However I watched Detective Pikachu last week and it made me want to redownload it again.

Amazed at how many new Pokemon they have added.

Also for someone who suffers from a MH condition its forcing me to go out on a daily basis and walk, whereas before I would spend 3 or 4 days indoors and not even open my door
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Grow up.
    Life will be over too quickly

Everyone should have a bit of child inside them till the end!!
  • Options
    It was a joke, in reference to the recent FIFA thread. Chill.
  • Options
    If they added realtime battles with wild Pokemon and members of the public in the vicinity, I think it could take off again.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Grow up.
    Life will be over too quickly

Everyone should have a bit of child inside them till the end!!
    Now then, now then, now then
  • Options
    If they added realtime battles with wild Pokemon and members of the public in the vicinity, I think it could take off again.
    Like raids? This exists in the game and has done for over two years. The game died down from its original hype but has a healthy user base.

• Options
    I am two years behind :). My son was into Pokemon and I always thought it was a brilliant concept - far better than Disney. Rather than HS2, I thought the Government should have teamed up with Nintendo to build a Pokemon land. People could find specific Pokemon within the park. 

I recall in 2016 being told off by my wife for driving round a roundabout too fast as  she couldn't pick up the Pokeballs from a church, I had to go back and give her another chance to!

My son hasn't got rid of any of his Pokemon stuff - we have a loft full of it. Figures, games, cuddly toys, many cards in folders, including some rare original stuff he collected. Same goes for Doctor Who figures and Subbuteo.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still play. The game has definitely improved since the early days (you can battle each other now) and there is still a healthy number of active players that remain (mostly in their 30s-40s), just not the hordes of summer 2016.

On the off chance that a lifer would like to trade (or has an old account and wouldn't mind donating a few pokemon), then let me know.  
  • Options
    I still play. The game has definitely improved since the early days (you can battle each other now) and there is still a healthy number of active players that remain (mostly in their 30s-40s), just not the hordes of summer 2016.

On the off chance that a lifer would like to trade (or has an old account and wouldn't mind donating a few pokemon), then let me know.  
    I have a challenge where i need to make 3 new friends, whats your trainer code
  • Options
    I enjoyed it at first, and then discovered the cheat... and slowly got bored of it.
  • Options
    6652 6230 2081
  • Options
    I enjoyed it at first, and then discovered the cheat... and slowly got bored of it.
    What cheat?
  • Options
    6652 6230 2081
    Sent

Anyone else wanna send their trainer code

Or just add mine

6949 2130 9154
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What cheat?
    I know a cheat(i found it accidently) but i refuse to use it as i dont want to do well because of it
  • Options
    My work colleagues/ family found one where you could basically download so you can be anywhere without moving.. eg. America or somewhere the opposite end of the country so they can pick up pokemon. I don't think any of them still play, I don't know for sure.

Still waiting for them to do a phone app like the original on Gameboy, I know you can download an emulator as I did it once. deleted it shortly after and I don't really play games that much ( I know contradict myself lol )
  • Options
    My work colleagues/ family found one where you could basically download so you can be anywhere without moving.. eg. America or somewhere the opposite end of the country so they can pick up pokemon. I don't think any of them still play, I don't know for sure.

Still waiting for them to do a phone app like the original on Gameboy, I know you can download an emulator as I did it once. deleted it shortly after and I don't really play games that much ( I know contradict myself lol )
    The one I accidently came accross, was when u catch a pokemon, before the ball does its moving thing to see if you caught itor if it escapes if you lose data(i went through a tunnel) the pokemon doesnt escape the ball