Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pokemon Go...

Comments

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

How do you get Pikachu on a bus??

Poke him on

Just realised someone had already posted this joke yesterday. No wonder it got no LOLs!!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:
    The pokemon joke there was "How's his Wing Attack?"
    Apologies, my joke was intended for those on this website who have had sex.

:wink:
    No wonder you couldn't ever get past Brock
  • Options
    Just clocked Golden Eye on Game Cube
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I have no idea what this means

Q: What did the judge say when a Skunktank came into the court?
    A: Odor in the court!
  • Options
    Isn't this just Geocaching? Which has been around for years
  • Options

Isn't this just Geocaching? Which has been around for years

Yeah but with Pokemon.

Pokemon
  • Options
    All this means precisely nothing to me.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

All this means precisely nothing to me.

It's in Vienna now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now been released on the App Store in the UK for those that have been waiting...
  • Options
    Someone downloaded for me yesterday, i had a look on lunch and its not all that. Think its the novelty really, i used to like pokemon growing up so thought id have a look. Reckon it will soon wear off and within a few weeks will be yesterdays news and noone will be playing it.
  • Options

Someone downloaded for me yesterday, i had a look on lunch and its not all that. Think its the novelty really, i used to like pokemon growing up so thought id have a look. Reckon it will soon wear off and within a few weeks will be yesterdays news and noone will be playing it.

The thing is they'll introduce more features like trading and potentially 1v1 battles (so you can fight your friends) and stagger it so that it doesn't just become flavour of the month. It also has more daily users already than Twitter. Very difficult for that to go in only a few weeks
  • Options
    Whilst I'm aware of the existence of this universe I'm not in anyway schooled in Pokemon having not been a kid whilst this phenomenon took off and not having kids myself.

One thing however seeing all the posts on social media and in the news the names of the characters have me in stitches. Just saying 'pikachu' makes me giggle. Try it, you'll thank me
  • Options
    Carter said:

Whilst I'm aware of the existence of this universe I'm not in anyway schooled in Pokemon having not been a kid whilst this phenomenon took off and not having kids myself.

One thing however seeing all the posts on social media and in the news the names of the characters have me in stitches. Just saying 'pikachu' makes me giggle. Try it, you'll thank me

oh man, you need to watch the animated show, all the pokemon just say their own name. Except, weirdly, for the "team rocket" meowth
  • Options

Couldn't be further from the truth, this is one of the biggest franchises in the world releasing an app that everyone can access for the first time, it will be humongous. The problem with Pokemon before is it was hugely selling on gameboy and the DS but phone apps reach many millions more people, and its free. They have also only released the bare minimum so far and will add new Pokemon, new items, new gameplay features and more. Also, it appeals to the younger generation, but also to those people between the ages of 18-35 who played the original Pokemon games.
  • Options
    To the uninitiated who've never played this game (and likely never will), how do they make money off it if it's free? I'm assuming there are in-app downloads that then cost money?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Taxi_Lad said:

How do you get Pikachu on a bus??

Poke him on

Just realised someone had already posted this joke yesterday. No wonder it got no LOLs!!

And your delivery was awful
  • Options

The thing is they'll introduce more features like trading and potentially 1v1 battles (so you can fight your friends) and stagger it so that it doesn't just become flavour of the month. It also has more daily users already than Twitter. Very difficult for that to go in only a few weeks
    You sound quite enthusiastic about this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just found a fucking Charmander under my desk at work. He could have been there for weeks - gnawing away at my paperwork.

Not any more sunshine - get in my shiny red ball of Poke-death
  • Options
    Nintendo shares going mad today!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Couldn't be further from the truth, this is one of the biggest franchises in the world releasing an app that everyone can access for the first time, it will be humongous. The problem with Pokemon before is it was hugely selling on gameboy and the DS but phone apps reach many millions more people, and its free. They have also only released the bare minimum so far and will add new Pokemon, new items, new gameplay features and more. Also, it appeals to the younger generation, but also to those people between the ages of 18-35 who played the original Pokemon games.
    We shall see, i honestly dont know and doesnt bother me. I would much prefer they just bring the original game out on an app personally but who knows there is obviously a market for it. Just my opinion
  • Options

To the uninitiated who've never played this game (and likely never will), how do they make money off it if it's free? I'm assuming there are in-app downloads that then cost money?

By selling your personal information to data mining factories as you would have agreed to in the T's and C's (although you wouldn't have read them....or understood them if you did)
  • Options

By selling your personal information to data mining factories as you would have agreed to in the T's and C's (although you wouldn't have read them....or understood them if you did)
    To be clear......not a dig at you Chris......I was using 'you' as a generalisation for probably 99% of people who download stuff from the web (myself included)
  • Options

Yep in app purchases and nintendo's stock has gone nuts so their shareholders are loving it too.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I just found a fucking Charmander under my desk at work. He could have been there for weeks - gnawing away at my paperwork.

Not any more sunshine - get in my shiny red ball of Poke-death

Strange way to describe your secretary hiding under your desk as and when required
  • Options
    I never outgrew Pokemon so am interested in this. I downloaded it earlier and caught a Rattata at lunch.

Beyond catching as many as possible, what’s the objective? Do I train/fight against wild ones, build up XP then find a gym in the area? Anyone who’s played the game for longer will beat me easily.