Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pokemon Go...

Comments

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Haha as if that's anywhere near to being the same thing
    I'm a gamer, spent much of last night roaming the old west shooting armadillos (yet again). I also do fantasy football (you can win money on that at least). But there's something about this Pokemon thing that bothers me. I just can't quite figure out what.
    Fantasy Football relates to real events. You're score is determined by something that actually happens. Plus, as you say, you can win money.
    Still a bit noncey though.
    Only if you're Graham Rix
    Or Adam Johnson
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Why? just why? :lol:
  • Options
    Was on a stag do this weekend and Pokémon go was turned into a drinking game. Was a bit odd wandering round Budapest looking for Pikachu but it did the job !
  • Options
    Motorist crashed into a parked police car in Baltimore today. He later admitted he was following "Pokemon Go."
    http://www.wbaltv.com/news/driver-playing-pokemon-go-crashes-into-police-car/40786982
  • Options

I had not heard of this until yesterday when one of the girls in my office asked me if it was okay to nip home and change her shoes. When I asked why she said she trod in a large dog turd walking to work.

She must have sensed the strange look on my face and then went on to explain that she was playing this game walking to work, was not looking where she was going and trod in the dog shit.

Being the sympathetic boss I am I told her she cannot go home but she was welcome to wash her shoes under the outside tap.

Haha... Well handled!!
  • Options
    All those that haven't renewed will give you something to do on a Saturday afternoon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

All those that haven't renewed will give you something to do on a Saturday afternoon

Katrien has done a deal with the Company so that all the Pokemon can only be found on the pitch

(Awaits motionless player jokes...)
  • Options
    Jesus she gets blamed for that as well lol
  • Options
    I found a Dratini by Bromley Civic Centre today.
  • Options
    It's a poxy thing. I started playing it with Roo (6) last weekend before he has a week with his Grandma and Gramps. I called him yesterday and all he wanted to know was whether I had been playing in his absence and what stuff I had got.

When I told him I had a big bat he said 'Whoah dad,
    well I won't keep you any more if you've just seen a big bat you should get that in the bag.'
  • Options

I had not heard of this until yesterday when one of the girls in my office asked me if it was okay to nip home and change her shoes. When I asked why she said she trod in a large dog turd walking to work.

She must have sensed the strange look on my face and then went on to explain that she was playing this game walking to work, was not looking where she was going and trod in the dog shit.

Being the sympathetic boss I am I told her she cannot go home but she was welcome to wash her shoes under the outside tap.

It may have been a Pikachu turd!
  • Options
    I need a pikachu turd to evolve my Pokeshiter. Where was this seen?
  • Options
    Sad muthafuckin shit.

Quote me.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

We'll it is a little bit.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I'm a gamer, spent much of last night roaming the old west shooting armadillos (yet again). I also do fantasy football (you can win money on that at least). But there's something about this Pokemon thing that bothers me. I just can't quite figure out what.
    Fantasy Football relates to real events. You're score is determined by something that actually happens. Plus, as you say, you can win money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PopIcon said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Also you don't have people who have no interesting in Fantasy Football commenting on Fantasy Football threads.

Pretty sure it's only a matter of time until you'll be able to win money in Pokemon goal if it's as popular as it seems.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Also you don't have people who have no interesting in Fantasy Football commenting on Fantasy Football threads.

Pretty sure it's only a matter of time until you'll be able to win money in Pokemon goal if it's as popular as it seems.
    yep, it's just plain narcissism, "stop liking what i don't like"
  • Options
    edited July 2016

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

That touches upon an almost heartwarming aspect of the game; he mentions meeting people who wouldn't usually be out, who would be behind a screen in their house.

This kind of game definitely has a good potential for improving social skills and getting people out of their comfort zone. It's ashame that it no doubt cost millions to develop, but hopefully with time similar technology will seep in to the development community and we will see some cool other AR projects. It could open so many doors.

Alas, I'm a tech guy - I have the creative prowess of an accountant, and as such have no ideas personally..
    what people forget when they say things like this is most of the money being spent, if not all of it, is paying people's wages - who have worked hard to create a career for themselves in a difficult job that's highly competitive. I work in the tv and film industry and it gets to me when people scoff at the millions of pounds spent on the latest john lewis xmas advert. People forget basically everyone who worked on that advert are self employed, spent years working their way up, perfecting their craft and usually work obscene hours and treated like sweatshop workers by producers. IMO they earn every penny of what they earn. The rest, of course, is spent on hardware of course, which is also expensive as you need to pay the wages of the workers in the factories and the engineers who designed the servers, computers that were designed on etc. Then, everything seems pretty reasonable.
    You're preaching to the choir, I'm a Software Engineer! ;) It's nice to hear people value the kind of work that would've gone in to it too!

I've never touched game dev because it is notoriously cut throat and a good way to burn out before you're even mid twenties.

I was being incredibly selfish in the sense I would love to see how it works and what it could be adapted for, I genuinely think its got great potential! I've since found an open source AR framework that I may play around with over the weekend with.
    great stuff, yeah i've been looking into coding etc recently and teaching myself stuff.. very complex stuff for me though since you've got to be water tight with your parenthesise etc. I've looked into unity as well and is interesting since i'm learning 3d software at work (i work in motion graphics and vfx and video editing) the pitfalls of it compared to say, c4d.

Not sure if it's still on, but i saw a doc on netflix called "indie game" which follows a couple of indie game studios basically living and working out of their bedrooms on their partner's salary trying to finish their game who's teasers had become viral hits in the gaming world. How they deal with the pressure etc, very interesting and worth a watch!
    Hah, discipline when typing is quite an easy habit when you get used to it. There's a few whitespace sensitive languages (Python for instance) that do away with certain characters (i.e {, }) but I've never been able to really get my head around them. Generally speaking, once you grasp the syntax for one language it can be quite easy to move around to others.

Nows a great time to learn though, there's so many online courses available as well as a wealth of decent-quality resources.

I'll definitely look on Netflix for that show, it sounds pretty good!
  • Options

I found a Dratini by Bromley Civic Centre today.

The Glades Intu centre tweeted last week about the amount of Pokemon stuff in there, and I keep seeing people sitting by the Richmal Crompton near Bromley South with their phones.. I think Bromley may be a bit decent for it.

That said, I saw a girl(?) of perhaps 17 dressed head to toe in Pokemon gear at Bromley South yesterday.. A bit awkward.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:
    The pokemon joke there was "How's his Wing Attack?"
    Apologies, my joke was intended for those on this website who have had sex.

:wink:
    So you are telling me Pokemon Go and sex are two different things? Shit it.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Has Pokemon Go and Chill not been invented yet?
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Has Pokemon Go and Chill not been invented yet?
    Something similar has. It was on the BBC news channel today.
  • Options
    Just wandered back from the boozer, up near the McDonalds in Bromley and down towards Westmoreland by Bromley South.

I'd never tried Pokemon Go before, but was stunned to see the groups of girls and guys all out with their phones. I gave it a download whilst I was in O'Neils and have come back with quite a haul. Pretty cool that it points out local landmarks - there's plaques I never knew existed, as well as benches and so on. I'm currently using "Incense" whilst I sit watching a bit of TV, and caught a Paras and a Rattata in the living room.

Tonights post-boozer haul, after the 80 Pokeballs left over and some more Incense:

- Rattata
    - Pidgey
    - Zubat
    - Paras
    - Spearow
    - Machop
    - Weedle
    - Tentocruel
    - Venonat
    - Caterpie

Embarrassingly, it's actually a bit addictive.
  • Options
    It's 0030, and looking at the app - people are still placing lures on the pokestops along the high street..
  • Options
    Saw loads of people playing it this weekend. Whatever your view of it this game is enormous.