Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many times have you seen us beat the Spanners?

Comments

• Once, 1996 at home, I was 8, can't remember it at all, FML.
  • Just the 2 wins in 95/96. It may be pitiful to still cling to that win in the snow, but it's all I've got.

What a great night. As we came out, 6 'geezers' obviously not expecting to lose that night and not get their customary 3 pts started going 'who's the scum now then?'

Obviously wanting some action. I was 13 at the time. Remember having to keep the smirk off my face. What I also like about that season was that up until about December, Millwall were quite high up in the league. I think McCarthy then took the Ireland job, and they went into free fall. Also, because we did our standard implosion come end of March/April, by the time we played our last game of the season at home, (I think) our result had a bearing on theirs and whether they stayed up.

I can't recall if we drew or lost (we certainly didn't win) and I think that helped put them down. I could be wrong with my maths though
  • None that I remember
  • Even witnessed a 5-0 pre-season trouncing in the Mullery era!
  • Five.
    Loads of defeats.
  • I seen 4 which are the last four and I going Sat
  • Never. The 4 nil at their place lives long in the memory. If we don't win Saturday we'll never beat them...
  • edited November 2014

Only 3 times in the last 30 years supporting the club

Upton park 92. 1-0 win
    1995/96 season both games home and away 2-0 wins.

Same here. I'm not counting the 4-1 friendly win about six seasons ago.
  • we are a lot better than last year but they think they are as well,nil nil all over I think
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2014
    Our appalling record against them is won 10, lost 28, drew 24

And to make people more unhappier, our record against palice reads won 19, lost 33, drew 15

• Our appalling record against them is won 10, lost 28, drew 24

Appalling? We've lost fewer than half of our games against them. I'd say we've got our foot on their throat.
  • Uboat said:

Appalling? We've lost fewer than half of our games against them. I'd say we've got our foot on their throat.
    Depends on how you want to view stats but we have won 1 game in 6 against them.
  • edited November 2014
    Uboat said:

surely you jest as the above stats are appalling. Over 62 games we lose 45%, draw 40% and win 15% of the time.
  • cabbles said:

Just the 2 wins in 95/96. It may be pitiful to still cling to that win in the snow, but it's all I've got.

What a great night. As we came out, 6 'geezers' obviously not expecting to lose that night and not get their customary 3 pts started going 'who's the scum now then?'

Obviously wanting some action. I was 13 at the time. Remember having to keep the smirk off my face. What I also like about that season was that up until about December, Millwall were quite high up in the league. I think McCarthy then took the Ireland job, and they went into free fall. Also, because we did our standard implosion come end of March/April, by the time we played our last game of the season at home, (I think) our result had a bearing on theirs and whether they stayed up.

I can't recall if we drew or lost (we certainly didn't win) and I think that helped put them down. I could be wrong with my maths though

As I remember, the Scum were playing Ipswich and that game had to end in a draw for the Scum to go down and us to get into the playoffs. Which it did.
  • cabbles said:

Just the 2 wins in 95/96. It may be pitiful to still cling to that win in the snow, but it's all I've got.

As I remember, the Scum were playing Ipswich and that game had to end in a draw for the Scum to go down and us to get into the playoffs. Which it did.
    That's the one. If they'd have won they'd have stayed up, if they'd have lost we wouldn't have got into the play offs. Good memory. It was like a perfect storm. About the only bright point in the run into the end of that season. I seem to remember after the Millwall home game it all just went a little bit naff
  • All you greedy bastards asking for a win... i've never seen us score in this fixture (been to 4 games).
  • Only twice that I can recall and I go back some time - The 1-0 win at Upton Park in 92 and the 2-0 win at the Valley in 95/96. I missed the away win in the same season.
  • edited November 2014
    Still

Never seen us beat them...

Took me ten years to see my first game against them (I was lucky enough to grow up through the eight years of Premier League and one season of Division One title winning...) but since 2009, these are the results of the games I've been to:

4-4
    0-4
    3-4 (friendly, sat in the Millwall end with my mate)
    0-2
    0-0
    0-1

I believe that's all of them since excluding the 0-0 draw at the Toolbox last season that I missed because of work. & I won't be at the game on Saturday but will hoping for a dodgy stream to catch it...
  • 0, and I'm sorry to say there is absolutely no way whatsoever that I'm going to break this unlucky record on Saturday, not a single chance. It just aint gonna happen.

cos I'm not going! :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Our appalling record against them is won 10, lost 28, drew 24

Soccerbase says 11, 33 and 24 (league only) - on that basis I am a very lucky man, as I have seen 27.2% of our 11 league victories in 93 years against the scum...
  • Had a lucky start with the 76 3-2 win when I was 9, though they then rioted all down Floyd Road, so I didn't go for a while.
    My next game was the 96 2-0 - I can't believe it was that long ago, it seems like yesterday :-)
    Lucky streak ended with the bizarre 4-4 game and all the losses since ....
  • Only 3 times in the last 30 years supporting the club

Upton park 92. 1-0 win
    1995/96 season both games home and away 2-0 wins.

Same here. I'm not counting the 4-1 friendly win about six seasons ago.
    Same here, can't remember the Anglo Italian cup so probably didn't go.

• I hope that we can all come back onto this thread next week to increase our tally by one.

Bump
    Bump again.

More bumps than a dodge 'em car.
  • 95-96 I missed so never!
  • Still never. Leaving soon hopefully a good update to this thread later.
  • I hope that we can all come back onto this thread next week to increase our tally by one.

Bump
    Bump again.

More bumps than a dodge 'em car.
    Will bump this again in a few months.
  • edited November 2014
    Best chance you had in years and you blew it. Two average looking teams, would never have known who was near the top and who was near the bottom watching that.
  • edited November 2014
    That's the nature of the Championship!
  • E-cafc said:

That's the nature of the Championship!

True. Strangest league I can ever remember watching.