Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many times have you seen us beat the Spanners?

Comments

• Options

I hope that we can all come back onto this thread next week to increase our tally by one.

Bump
  • Options
    I saw us beat them 2-0 in a game at the Old Tool box in a game reduced to 88 minutes. Sadly in the next game which lasted 2 minutes we lost 2-0.
  • Options
    Kent cup 70s - about 3000 gate of which about 500 of them in a mob who systematically attacked any male in red from age 14 up (we know you care really). Went to all the Kent cup games which we won 1-0 If memory serves and not a dull game among them. Saw Grant score in the snow and Bowyer get sent off and the 2 -0 home win. Was convinced I was at a 2-1 mid week away win from the 60s but records prove otherwise.
  • Options
    only once, i believe. alan campbell, back in the sixties scored the only goal at the valley.
  • Options
    Absolutely none - not going because I am a jinx on this one. Hope that listening to it will not have the same effect!
  • Options

I said three earlier on this thread, but I have been reminded of our Kent Cup victory in 1975. We won 1-0 away at Palace on the Saturday (I went to this), beat the scum 1-0 (Warman), and then won the cup with a 2-0 victory away to the Gills.

I was only 14 and it was my first real encounter with them. I stood in my usual place on the red chain link fence behind the covered end goal (or SES - South East Shack as it was known in those days). I kept looking round and wondering why no one was in the covered end. Massive gaps at the top, where the boot boys used to stand. Then 5 minutes before kick off a mob walked up the stairs singing "We've come to take you again" and with that our end had been surrendered without a whimper.

Three older Charlton fans, including Casey, a well known face, chanted Charlton about 5 minutes after kick off. They were just behind me and I saw them take a fearful battering straight after with the old bill nowhere. Blood everywhere, a truly horrible sight. We exited and stood on the east terrace. Was a scary walk back to the station after the game. Reckon if I was a little older they may have lumped me, as lots were getting it.

We never got this from Palace and it is the reason older fans cannot relate to younger fans claims Palace are our main rival. They never went through it and felt our anxiety and humiliation, every time we played them in those days. We always lost as well, so not much has changed there either:)

Ah the good old days. I can remember leaving the Covered end, hands in pockets, sweating and trying not to run.
  • Options
    Only once the 2-0 home win at The Valley.
  • Options
    For those of you who've never witnessed a Charlton victory over the pikey ones, when it happens.................................. oooh yesss!!!!!!
  • Options

For those of you who've never witnessed a Charlton victory over the pikey ones, when it happens.................................. oooh yesss!!!!!!

I have seen it a few times and best feeling ever!
  • Options
    twice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 times
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    how depressing that whenever we've played them at home first and lost, we've gone on to lose the return fixture at their place too. Often to a 1-0 scoreline.... Surely we have to experience a win sometime

http://www.footymad.net/head_to_head/charlton_athletic/vs/millwall/index.shtml
  • Options
    Victories against Millwall live long in the memory.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

To cheer us up a bit,let's remember when we have beaten the Spanners.I've seen 5 wins.

For my first Charlton V Millwall game I saw the 3-2 in 76, I then saw us win 2-0 at the Old Toolbox in 78.

Then I think it is a wait until John Hendry in 92 and an Anglo Italian Cup win at the Old Toolbox the following season..

I missed Kim Grant in the snow, but was there to see the mighty Leaburn help us complete the double over them with a 2-0 win which helped send them down.

Although sparsely spread out we have not played them regularly during my years as an Addick and remarkably given our appalling record Saturday was their first win at the Valley since the 1970's.

Yes I remember the 2-0 game in the snow. I must have been about 9 or something then!
  • Options
    NelsonsFU said:

Kent cup 70s - about 3000 gate of which about 500 of them in a mob who systematically attacked any male in red from age 14 up (we know you care really). Went to all the Kent cup games which we won 1-0 If memory serves and not a dull game among them. Saw Grant score in the snow and Bowyer get sent off and the 2 -0 home win. Was convinced I was at a 2-1 mid week away win from the 60s but records prove otherwise.

God, do you you lot actually believe you're own hype? You must read the Sun and believe that too. We eat babies too. (In all my years going I've never seen a child attacked at Millwall, get a grip you drama queen!)
  • Options

NelsonsFU said:

God, do you you lot actually believe you're own hype? You must read the Sun and believe that too. We eat babies too. (In all my years going I've never seen a child attacked at Millwall, get a grip you drama queen!)

MF
    some of us were there, were you?
  • Options
    Not enough
  • Options
    Christ, there's a spanner in here!!!
  • Options

but he says things like `get a grip you drama queen!', so be carefull he doesn't take your end.
  • Options

but he says things like `get a grip you drama queen!', so be carefull he doesn't take your end.
    God yeah, watch out for the Millwall.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always next year chaps...

21 years since I have seen us score at Millwall
  • Options
    Bump.

Big Bob could achieve something that Mike Bailey ,Lennie Lawrence and Chris Powell couldn't this weekend.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Bump.

Big Bob could achieve something that Mike Bailey ,Lennie Lawrence and Chris Powell couldn't this weekend.

I bloody well hope so. Shocking record. Since the Second World War we have played them 44 times in the league, winning just 6 times !!!! Absolutely awful. To complete the record we have drawn 18 times & lost 20.
  • Options
    Three times in league games over a 45 year period. The same as Liverpool and Man Utd, one of which was when the scallies were European champions. Pray for snow.

• Options
    3 times over 35 years, have never seen us win a cup final though
  • Options
    Still zero.
  • Options
    still never.....missed the 95/96 win through being away on a school trip...that school trip might have robbed me for a lifetime.
  • Options
    None
  • Options
    One league win
    One Kent Challenge Cup
    Two reserve games
    One youth team game

At least, I think so.