Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many times have you seen us beat the Spanners?

Comments

• Options
    I am sure we were winning at the old den in the anglo with only mins to go and still lost

Or was it the other way rd
  • Options
    Oohaah they moved in '93. The 2 each with Grant was in Sept '93. That same month we played Palace 4 times; Anglo Italian we won 4 1 at The Valley, drew 0 0 in the league and lost home and away in the league cup. I'm sad enough to recall them all.
  • Options
    Saw the two wins in 95/96 season, so until saturday I'd seen us beat them more times than lose to them.

Might have to count the 4-1 win in that friendly just to keep the winning ratio up.
  • Options
    Take one off mine then as I went to the Anglo Italian at the new den, first time we played there if I recall
  • Options
    The two 2-0 games in curbs first solo season bowyer got sent off at their place pretty early on as I think and that's it for me
  • Options
    never
  • Options

Thought I would bump this to get us in the mood for Saturday and prove they can be beaten.
  • Options
    Never
  • Options
    I said 3 originally, but its 4 if i include the anglo-italian.

Blimey, it appears i'm almost a lucky mascot! Better men than me haven't such a good record!!
  • Options
    never, might stay away this week just to give a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never
  • Options
    I've seen the reserves tonk Millwall a couple of times. I think we stuck about 7 past Millwall in the late 60s. I seem remember a group of Millwall fans reducing the young Millwall 'keeper to a quivering wreck after throwing 2 or 3 in.
  • Options
    Never, hoping that changes on Saturday...
  • Options
    Never for me, too.

Please let that change on Saturday. Please.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Don't think I ever have - not going on Sat, so at least I won't be the jinx...though will be watching it on telly, so not sure if that counts?!
  • Options
    Never, I have heard of such myths!!
  • Options
    Twice.
    It will be the same answer next week.
  • Options

Hendry at Upton Park
    2-0 at the Valley
    2-0 in the snow
  • Options
    I take it we're not including the friendly in 2007 where we beat them 4-1?

Besides that, I've seen us beat them twice. In the snow, and the 2-0 victory at home which I think was in that same season. Bowyer overheard kick.

Was about 8 years old for those games and didn't truly appreciate the glory of it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One for me - 96 home game
  • Options
  • Options
    I hope that we can all come back onto this thread next week to increase our tally by one.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I think we also won once in the 60's,were any posters there in 68?

Memory is shaky but think it was about Oct/Nov 1967 1-0 & think it was a Mike Kenning Goal.......can't remember the attendance sorry.

• Options
    We were stuck in a car in Croydon during the snow but it made great listening which was something. Pretty sure me and dad have only seen draws thus far, together at least.

• Options
    Simonsen said:

PS: Although the game at Selhurst when we came back from 0-3 down to get a 3-3 felt like a win!

Must have felt the same for them when we were 2-0 up at the Den with 10 minutes to go and the game somehow, although we dominated, ended in a draw. Must have been in the 80s.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Simonsen said:

PS: Although the game at Selhurst when we came back from 0-3 down to get a 3-3 felt like a win!

Must have felt the same for them when we were 2-0 up at the Den with 10 minutes to go and the game somehow, although we dominated, ended in a draw. Must have been in the 80s.
    Think it was about 87' or 88, TelMc32 and I went to the pub after the game, just sat there with our beers and didn't speak to each other as we were in shock.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Of course were not including friendly games
  • Options
    Twice.
    Really loved the game in the snow. Worrying that it would be abandoned and we'd lose the rescheduled game, worried as we were told we might be trapped in their ground as all the roads were closed. But ecstatic at full time.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I take it we're not including the friendly in 2007 where we beat them 4-1?

Besides that, I've seen us beat them twice. In the snow, and the 2-0 victory at home which I think was in that same season. Bowyer overheard kick.

Was about 8 years old for those games and didn't truly appreciate the glory of it all.

Tell a lie. I was at that friendly. Yay. I've seen us beat the Spanners!