Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many times have you seen us beat the Spanners?

Comments

• Options
    kafka said:

I saw the John Hendry 1-0 and the 2-0 in the snow, can't remember any others.

was in the covered end when that Hendry goal sailed in. That and the snow are the best memories for me

At Upton Park?LOL

• Options
    edited March 2013
    76-7 3-2
    91-2 1-0
    95-6 2-0

And......... The Kent Cup 1975 1-0

In the same period I've seen us beat Man Utd and Liverpool 3 times each.

Never seen us beat Northwich Victoria though.
  • Options
    kafka said:

was in the covered end when that Hendry goal sailed in. That and the snow are the best memories for me

You must have been lonely in the Covered End when Hendry scored mate, that was at Upton Park.
  • Options
    Upton park 91-92
    both games 96-97

3 out of a lot not good
  • Options

kafka said:

You must have been lonely in the Covered End when Hendry scored mate, that was at Upton Park.
    wow.. memory failing me. Anyway, i remember being behind that goal. Must've been Wham North Bank. Whatever happended to Hendry; he was a Spuds loanee wasn't he?

• Options
    kafka said:

What was you doing ? Pulling weeds out ?
  • Options
    Saw Derek Hales beat them single handed in pre-season vets game at the Valley...

Apart from that never!
  • Options
    kafka said:

kafka said:

wow.. memory failing me. Anyway, i remember being behind that goal. Must've been Wham North Bank. Whatever happended to Hendry; he was a Spuds loanee wasn't he?

Working in the telecoms industry back in Scotland. He also scored the winner for Spurs in their last win at Highbury.Surprisingly he is more proud of the latter.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

The 3.2 home game in the 70`s.

2.1 Anglo Italian Cup at the Den, Barness and Pardew

The 1.0 at Upton Park

2.0 in the snow at the Den

2.0 at the Valley, Bowyer and Leaburn

Don`t ask how many times I have seen them beat us lol

This, except the first one...
  • Options
    Never have, don't think I ever will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't watch any game that Millwall play in , and haven't done since 1979. So, haven't seen them beat us for 34 years.
  • Options
    Seen 2 draws and 2 defeats.
  • Options
    X
  • Options
    1.0 Upton Park, that's it!

Having said that, we were in the Premiership for a few years (remember that?!) so didn't have the opportunity during that time
  • Options
    i forgot the 96 home game 4 not too bad eh 8(
  • Options
    My dad told me and my mate that the '96 home game was sold out, mmm... Being 11 I missed the snow game of 5/12/95. I did see us win a nothing friendly there though.
  • Options
    The 1-0 win at Upton Park and the 2-0 win at the Valley when Leaburn was immense!
  • Options
    I think I've possibly seen us beat them more times than they've beaten us. Is this possible or have I just blanked out the defeats too well?

I was there for Hendry's goal, and Mortimer/Grant in the snow, plus the Anglo Italian and the 2-0 at The Valley in 96ish. I remember them beating us 3-0 at Selhurst and 1-0 at the old Den the same season, and 2-0 at Upton Park in one of John Robinsons first games for us. I wasn't there on Saturday so I make it 4-3 to us.

So there you have it. Clearly we are better than them, and delusion is an undervalued attribute...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Add me to the never camp
  • Options
    Wow that's sad mate it don't happen often but when it does it's fooking blinding
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    None.
  • Options
    3 times, upton , anglo italian and 96 at home
  • Options
    Did you not go in the snow mate
  • Options
    4 if I'm not mistaken.

Hendry and the snow.....
    but I can't remember the home 2-0 and the Anglo-Italian but assume I went as didn't miss that many matches 87-06, especially versus those lot.

Jesus my memory is bad, will have to check my old programmes.
  • Options
    The worst for me was the draw at The Den when we were 2-0 up with 5 to go (I remember sitting on a kerb with my head in my hands) and the 3-0 with Briley and Hurlock at Selhurst.

Compared to those Saturday was just another home defeat.
  • Options
    Grief were poxy
  • Options
    First match v scum for me was 1985ish (my old man didn't take me to em when I was younger for obvious reasons) haven't missed one about 26ish until last Saturdays so I've seen 4 wins

Southend there was an Anglo Italian draw at the old den (I think) and the Anglo win was at the new den (kim grant wonder strike , I think)

• Options

First match v scum for me was 1985ish (my old man didn't take me to em when I was younger for obvious reasons) haven't missed one about 26ish until last Saturdays so I've seen 4 wins

Southend there was an Anglo Italian draw at the old den (I think) and the Anglo win was at the new den (kim grant wonder strike , I think)

You've got it arse about face Oohahh. We won at the Old Den with late Pardew and Barness goals but drew 2 each at the new one. Grant's wonder strike was the equaliser. I still have the VHS of the win and the commentator was the campest I've ever heard.

Earlier in this thread I had to correct a geezer who thought he was in the Covered End when Hendry scored and now this. It's not as if we have many victories to remember against them either! You obviously did too many aways back in the day and they've blurred into one.
  • Options
    Didn't think I'd seen us win at the old den ....
    Old age getting to me, memory disintegrat/ing/ed
    When did they move to New Den did Pardew and Barness really score at the Old Den
    I'll bow to your superior knowledge 9goals
  • Options
    Grants wonderstrike was in the Kim Grant youtubes someone put on here the other day