Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many times have you seen us beat the Spanners?

Comments

• Options
    It's a friendly mate
  • Options
    nolly said:

Of course were not including friendly games

Oh. Back to never, then.

• Options
    3 for me
  • Options

stil got the teeshirt with the lion on crutches somewhere.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    May have seen one since '69, thats working on the law of averages and excludes the friendly
  • Options

Hendry at Upton Park
    2-0 at the Valley
    2-0 in the snow

This for me too
  • Options
    ONCE
    Charlton 2-0 Millwall 1996, got the programme up in the loft, was 9 years old.
  • Options
    a couple of times .. but don't ask when
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Three for sure at home 1-0 67/68, 3-2 76/77, 1-0 91/92 (Hendrie on loan from Spurs at Upton Park) not sure about 95/96 home, was that the game when Van Den Hauwe cut Newts in half after about 5 mins? If so make it 4. Never seen us win at the toolbox old or new. COYR
  • Options

Glad to see a couple of posters saw the 60's game.

Last time we beat them they had an ex Northern Irish international as Manager.Can history repeat itself?Especially if it led to a rare double over them like in 95/96.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anglo-Italian that's it. So unless the English and Italian FAs bring back that crap and inconvenient fixture congestion scheme I don't hold out hope in seeing another!
  • Options

Hendry at Upton Park
    2-0 at the Valley
    2-0 in the snow

This for me too
    you lucky, lucky, bastards
  • Options
    I was going to say never but looking at some of the previous posts I'm now not sure.

I definitely missed the 2-0 "snowbound" game at the Den ( which along with the 4-2 "black Sabbath"win against Arsenal still rankles as the ones that I regret not being at). I must have seen the reverse 2-0 win in which Bowyer & Leaburn scored, but I can't remember it.

However, I do remember seeing us 2-0 up at the Den with less than 10 mins to go and seeing us draw 2-2 and 4-3 up at home against 10 men, again only to draw. Then there are countless losses (home & away) including ones at Selhurst and the recent 4-0 hammering.

It just shows that our recent record against them (post 1970) is awful and needs rectifying on Saturday !!
  • Options
    Think its 7 (including Anglo).
    Anyone got the list of wins since 1970 ?
  • Options

Here you go http://www.11v11.com/teams/millwall/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Charlton Athletic
    I've always wanted to do a MOG on MOG :0)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I take that as a compliment (I think).
    Thanks.
    ;-)

Was 6 times, & left at 2-0 up at The Den in the 88th minute............
  • Options
    edited September 2013

you must be over 50 then if you've seen 7 wins !!

so, since the 1970 we've won 7 to their 17...........not good - I must have seen 4 of those wins , but the only one a do remember is the 1-0 at Upton pk when Hendry scored.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Golfie, thought it was 7.
    Saw every match from 1970 up to the 0-4 acouple of years back.
    (Edit: & I am over 50).
    (Edit (2): and I saw the 4-1 friendly at the rusty toolbox & some KentCup matches way back).
  • Options

Think its 6 since 1970.

The home 3-2 and away 2-0 in the 70's,John Hendry at Upton Park,the Anglo Italian Cup game and Curb's double in 95/96.
  • Options
    Seen is beat Man U more times than millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 for me
  • Options
    It looks like twice, the Upton park game and the 2-0 at the Valley in 1995/96. I remember being off with the flu when we won at the New Den that season!
  • Options
    3 times and this Sat will be the 4th
  • Options
    I can add another one to the above.

1-0 in the Kent County Cup in 1975.

Those of you who are too young to remember this, or weren't there, can laugh but this was a serious game (Charlton, Millwall, Palace & Gillingham all took part in a pre-season tournament in which first teams were played). It was also a bloody terrifying evening. Charlton had just been promoted and I can remember there had been a few naughty away games in 74/75 . Millwall had obviously got wind off this and came down in their hundreds to make sure there was no doubt who was still ruling the roost.

The result was fighting all over the place and an absolutely terrifying walk back up Floyd Road to the station as the Millwall braindead took a swing at anyone who looked remotely like a Charlton fan.

Anyone else remember that evening?
  • Options

Hendry at Upton Park
    2-0 at the Valley
    2-0 in the snow

Same here
  • Options

I can add another one to the above.

1-0 in the Kent County Cup in 1975.

Those of you who are too young to remember this, or weren't there, can laugh but this was a serious game (Charlton, Millwall, Palace & Gillingham all took part in a pre-season tournament in which first teams were played). It was also a bloody terrifying evening. Charlton had just been promoted and I can remember there had been a few naughty away games in 74/75 . Millwall had obviously got wind off this and came down in their hundreds to make sure there was no doubt who was still ruling the roost.

The result was fighting all over the place and an absolutely terrifying walk back up Floyd Road to the station as the Millwall braindead took a swing at anyone who looked remotely like a Charlton fan.

Anyone else remember that evening?

Fortune,

I heard about this from older Charlton chaps from Eltham who used to live in Middle Park Eltham in the 70s it sounded pretty bad?

• Options
    Good god. 1 win. Bowyer and Leaburn. Upsetting in 20 years but we sat way out of their touching distance for the following 13 years so I can handle it.
  • Options
    The 4-2 friendly as well if you can count that! I did enjoy it.
  • Options
    Once, Upton Park, the Spurs lad on loan scored.