Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many times have you seen us beat the Spanners?

Comments

• Options
    4, including one win at the old den, 2-0, in 78.
  • Options
    I went to the Kent Cup games in the 70s and my recollection is that they were all played on Saturday afternoons. We beat Millwall 1-0 at the Valley and I think Warman got the goal. We also won at Palace 1-0. Including the Kent Cup victory I've seen us beat Millwall six times. The other five were all league games. We just seem to treat playing them as just another game. It isn't.
  • Options
    I've going to Charlton and have been a season ticket holder since 1998 and have only seen us play Millwall three times during that period, the 4-4 (which has to be one of the best derbies I've ever seen), the away game from that season (fraid I've forgotten the result) and the 2-0 defeat at the Valley last season.

So add me to the never group (until tomorrow hopefully)
  • Options
    Looking at the list its 6 although don't remember much about the March 96 one. If you count the Kent Cup its 7. I believe the game v Millwall was on a Tuesday night.
  • Options
    Since Alan Campbell scored the only goal at The Valley in 68 off the top of my head,Every VICTORY,not seen a Millwall game since 2000.
  • Options
    One game people have forgoten about was the year Charlton beat Palace,Gillingham and Millwall in the Kent Cup pre season games 1975 Phil Warmen scored in the Millwall game 1-0 and the crowd that day 7135.Attended all three games.
  • Options
    Both games in that beautiful season and thats it
  • Options

Never seen us beat them..

• Options

Never seen us beat them..

You're a figures man Callum and the law of averages says.....................our time has come. Believe and get behind the boys and make some noise!
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Simonsen said:

PS: Although the game at Selhurst when we came back from 0-3 down to get a 3-3 felt like a win!

Must have felt the same for them when we were 2-0 up at the Den with 10 minutes to go and the game somehow, although we dominated, ended in a draw. Must have been in the 80s.
    Probably not to be honest. We probably just went on the lash, like we always do!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading this thread, wow, seriously, I can't remember what I was doing last week!!
    In all honestly though, if you don't tonk us on Saturday you never will. I watched us v derby, it was like lomas had got 11 blokes who had never met before and put them on a football pitch. Tuesday was obviously an improvement, but Blackpool were well below par. Any half decent championship side should dick us at the moment.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    For every 6 games we play against the spanners, they win 3, 2 are drawn and we win 1.

Since we have are played recently, the four games have resulted in 2 wins for them and 2 draws. Therefore we are due a win this season. However so are they.

I'll take that win today.
  • Options

Reading this thread, wow, seriously, I can't remember what I was doing last week!!
    In all honestly though, if you don't tonk us on Saturday you never will. I watched us v derby, it was like lomas had got 11 blokes who had never met before and put them on a football pitch. Tuesday was obviously an improvement, but Blackpool were well below par. Any half decent championship side should dick us at the moment.

And here is the problem:
    Should: Yes.
    Will we: Maybe...........
  • Options
    Hopefully we might have another one to add this weekend.
  • Options
    2-0 in the snow.
    2-0 at our place (with the Bowyer goal)

4-1 friendly in 2006

Thats it!
  • Options
    Once - in a pre-seasosn friendly under Dowie a few years ago as a I missed the Kim Grant win. Doesn't really count does it?
  • Options
    Zero.

I have only seen us play them in the past few years though.

My record

2 draws
    3 defeats

We have to win sometime surely?
  • Options

#cafc have only beaten #mfc three times in the last 26 league head2heads. YES I SAID 26.... @RichCawleySLP

— Math Morrison (@MathMorrison) March 14, 2014
  • Options
    Twice. 2 nil Bowyer and Leaburn, and the 4-1 friendly.
  • Options
    Have we had the "10 times. But then I woke up" joke yet? If not could I be the first to make it?

10 times. But then I woke up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Once, back in the mists of time, when I seem to remember Alan Campbell scoring the only goal of the game. Was that 1968?
  • Options
    Never.
  • Options
    Zero.
  • Options
    Never have, probably never will
  • Options
    Four times but nowhere near as many times ive seen us lose against them! Being 2-0 up at the old dump only to draw 2-2 in the last few minutes still sticks in my throat even though it was over 20 years ago!
  • Options
    I said three earlier on this thread, but I have been reminded of our Kent Cup victory in 1975. We won 1-0 away at Palace on the Saturday (I went to this), beat the scum 1-0 (Warman), and then won the cup with a 2-0 victory away to the Gills.

I was only 14 and it was my first real encounter with them. I stood in my usual place on the red chain link fence behind the covered end goal (or SES - South East Shack as it was known in those days). I kept looking round and wondering why no one was in the covered end. Massive gaps at the top, where the boot boys used to stand. Then 5 minutes before kick off a mob walked up the stairs singing "We've come to take you again" and with that our end had been surrendered without a whimper.

Three older Charlton fans, including Casey, a well known face, chanted Charlton about 5 minutes after kick off. They were just behind me and I saw them take a fearful battering straight after with the old bill nowhere. Blood everywhere, a truly horrible sight. We exited and stood on the east terrace. Was a scary walk back to the station after the game. Reckon if I was a little older they may have lumped me, as lots were getting it.

We never got this from Palace and it is the reason older fans cannot relate to younger fans claims Palace are our main rival. They never went through it and felt our anxiety and humiliation, every time we played them in those days. We always lost as well, so not much has changed there either:)
  • Options
    We beat the spanners?
  • Options

Four times but nowhere near as many times ive seen us lose against them! Being 2-0 up at the old dump only to draw 2-2 in the last few minutes still sticks in my throat even though it was over 20 years ago!

Don't remind me
  • Options

Don't remind me
    That match really cemented my dislike for Millwall - stood in the "dockers" stand on half way line because they only gave us a bit of terrace behind the floodlight in the corner.

Williams and Mortimer scored for us and and along with their own player Anthrobus were being racially abused by the scum around me - they were even slagging Cascarino calling him a "sp*c" - after moving away from the mob I also witnessed one rather unpleasant father teaching his son how to call the Charlton players "c*nts"

On a different note anyone else remember a rare 70s win at the Den when I think Peter Shaw hit a pea roller from outside the box and their keeper fumbled it into the net - as far as I know that what the last win at the Den until the Paul Mortimer show in the snow
  • Options
    I think I might've been at the 3-2 win in 77 but I was only little at the time, so don't remember anything of the game itself. Was definitely at the home game in 96 where Van Den Hauwe smashed Shaun Newton in the face and it kicked off in the Director's Box.

Was also at the 2-0 up with 4mins to go at the Old Den in the late 80s - remember their fans streaming out after we scored our second and then rushing back in after they pulled one back.

So I definite, I maybe and 1 nearly.