Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many times have you seen us beat the Spanners?

Comments

• Options
    It seems that every week there are a high number of draws. I think there were 8 draws out of 12 matches a few weeks ago so it goes to show how tight it is. It's just a matter of keep trying to pick up points and keep things moving.

Teams in the bottom 3 have 18 points(Only Blackpool cut adrift)and it's tight all the way up from there.
  • Options
    It's a psychological thing, I'm sure. In five Championship games since promotion we haven't even scored a goal against them...

Although it is the first time we haven't lost at home so that's some progress???

We just need that sodding goal against them.
  • Options

It's a psychological thing, I'm sure. In five Championship games since promotion we haven't even scored a goal against them...

Although it is the first time we haven't lost at home so that's some progress???

Can't believe you didn't score in the dying seconds there. Although I thought the initial through ball was a good yard offside the ref didn't blow for it.
  • Options

Can't believe you didn't score in the dying seconds there. Although I thought the initial through ball was a good yard offside the ref didn't blow for it.

From where i sat the ball just wouldn't come down for him to get the finishing shot off. Someone else said he slipped. Eitherway your guy got back well to clear.
    Is that your regular set of defenders mIllwallfan? Was impressed with them.
  • Options

From where i sat the ball just wouldn't come down for him to get the finishing shot off. Someone else said he slipped. Eitherway your guy got back well to clear.
    We've been chopping and changing all season due to suspensions and injuries, which obviously hasn't helped. but hoping that will be the settled back four for a while. Agree they done really well today. Webster was my motm. Totally composed and won absolutely everything in the air.

• Options
    MillwallFan this isn't to try to big up Charlton in any way, but I am intrigued to know if that was a better Millwall performance than usual. I was surprised not to see Shittu and Fuller, but the players that played did not look like a struggling team today.
    Like everybody Millwall could do with an authoritative front player, but my impression was that Millwall were neat and well organised, up for it, and playing for their manager.
    I think Charlton were below par for the season today, but above par for matches against Millwall!
  • Options

All you greedy bastards asking for a win... i've never seen us score in this fixture (been to 4 games).

Oh FFS.
  • Options

We've been chopping and changing all season due to suspensions and injuries, which obviously hasn't helped. but hoping that will be the settled back four for a while. Agree they done really well today. Webster was my motm. Totally composed and won absolutely everything in the air.

Have to agree Webster looked decent. Physical presence and composure.
  • Options
    Zero
  • Options
    seth plum said:

MillwallFan this isn't to try to big up Charlton in any way, but I am intrigued to know if that was a better Millwall performance than usual. I was surprised not to see Shittu and Fuller, but the players that played did not look like a struggling team today.
    Like everybody Millwall could do with an authoritative front player, but my impression was that Millwall were neat and well organised, up for it, and playing for their manager.
    I think Charlton were below par for the season today, but above par for matches against Millwall!

To be honest that was a fairly typical Millwall performance for this season. Holloway said earlier in the week that no team has really outplayed us this season. Other than Brentford at home I'd tend to agree with him. As someone said on another thread it's a strange old league. Wolves were woeful at The Den but somehow managed to get themselves 3 nil up (although we managed to pull it back to 3 all). We played Watford away when they we're top of the league and we was very unlucky to lose that, the 3-1 score line flattered Watford massively. I'd say we matched them all over the pitch that day more or less.
    Shittu can get turned fairly easy at times in this league. He's good to have in the squad but as you could see today our back four are solid enough with out him, but with the movement he doesn't offer.
    Fuller has lost a bit of pace since his premiership days but still has a great footballing mind, and knows how to hold the ball up and bring others in to play. Don't think he's a 90 minute player these days though, hence the sub appearance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuller is still a very good impact player from the bench and has that bit of extra quality. A younger, fitter Ricardo Fuller would be our missing link I think and would benefit Vetokele up front. If we can get someone in who fits that mould we will turn draws into wins no doubt. Fuller will score some important goals for Millwall this season.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Fuller is still a very good impact player from the bench and has that bit of extra quality. A younger, fitter Ricardo Fuller would be our missing link I think and would benefit Vetokele up front. If we can get someone in who fits that mould we will turn draws into wins no doubt. Fuller will score some important goals for Millwall this season.

Agree with this . In my view Fuller was worth around 8/9 points to us by turning draws into wins at places like Ipswich and Watford. From the little I have seen of the Spanners on TV he is having a similar impact there .Holloway is using him well they looked more potent when he came on.

The problem for us was that I understand he was he was our highest paid player and was only playing 50% of the time . This is an advantage Millwall have over us with their rich American owner ,he is prepared to fund that sort of player.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Richard J said:

E-cafc said:

Agree with this . In my view Fuller was worth around 8/9 points to us by turning draws into wins at places like Ipswich and Watford. From the little I have seen of the Spanners on TV he is having a similar impact there .Holloway is using him well they looked more potent when he came on.

The problem for us was that I understand he was he was our highest paid player and was only playing 50% of the time . This is an advantage Millwall have over us with their rich American owner ,he is prepared to fund that sort of player.

He played 31 games out of 43 (he was effectively only signed and ready to play from the 4th game of the season) so it is wrong to say he only played 50% of games. It was a myth at the time and clearly it still carries on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JohnnyH2 said:

Richard J said:

E-cafc said:

He played 31 games out of 43 (he was effectively only signed and ready to play from the 4th game of the season) so it is wrong to say he only played 50% of games. It was a myth at the time and clearly it still carries on

I deliberately said ' time' as opposed to 'games'. From memory he was often subbed and I can remember him pulling up and reducing us to ten men on one occasion . He also came off the bench a few times. Fuller is 2 years older now . I did say Holloway was managing him well and he made a difference yesterday.

From a football point of view I would have much rather had him on our bench yesterday than theirs,but rather like Kermogant I feel the parting of the waves was more financial than for football reasons.

• Options
    Never missed a Charlton win against Millwall in my lifetime sofar.
    First win at The Valley 1-0 Alan Campbell scored only goal of the match at The Heights End 1967.Last win at The Valley mar 1996 2-0 did the double over Millwall that season,and have not seen us play against them since.
    Anyone want to get me along for the away game this season feel free to ask.
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Bump.

My answer's still the same since the last time I posted on this :wink:

Let's hope it's changed come Friday night
  • Options
    Once, 2-0 at home, I was 8 and not intoxicated so who it doesn't really count, so never I guess.
  • Options
    Still zero and it will remain so, as I'm working Friday.
    Destined never to see it happen, I fear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    4 Times. Twice away, once at old den when we beat them in the anglo italian cup, I think Paul Sturgess scored for us that night,  the glory that was the 2-0 in the snow at the Toolbox,  Mortimer was unplayable that night, when I am feeling down I close my eyes and see him tormenting the spanners as they comically slide in left right and centre. Then twice at home, well say at home, once at Upton Park 1-0 and then the 2-0 at the Valley when Bows and Big Carlo scored a tumping header under the covered end, good times.
  • Options
    Been twice, lost 2-1 in 2014/15, and lost 3-1 in 2016/17. Yep Im going again on Saturday. 
  • Options

I've never actually witnessed us beat Millwall... was only 6years old the last time we pulled it off.

Visited the Den twice and seen two 0-0s, hoping I'll be getting a bit of third time lucky on Saturday.

• Options
    Bad news: Never.
    Good news: I’m working Saturday. 
  • Options
    Still twice.
    not sure what I expect to witness sooner.
    a third victory or second sighting of Halley’s Comet which is due in 2061. 
  • Options
    Zero in ten attempts. Lucky number 11.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Twice in competitive games - the 2-0 at home with the Bowyer overhead kick, and the 2-0 away in the snow. I was also there for the 4-1 friendly win in 2006.

For the win in the snow we bumped into Lee Bowyer’s dad near the turnstiles and he gave me and my Dad tickets for the game!

I have been to every single home/away fixture against them in the time since and we all know how miserable that has been.
  • Options
    0/10. 

Although did see the women beat the Lionesses 3-0 last year so swings and roundabouts 
  • Options
    Once.

2-0 at home in 1996. Missed the reverse fixture due to work. Never going to put a client ahead of a CAFC game again....