Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many times have you seen us beat the Spanners?

14567810»

Comments

• edited November 2019
    Once
    Hugh Mcauley? seems to ring a bell.
  • 4 wins 6 draws and 7 Losses for me
  • Again, never.
  • Home, circa '77, 3-2 I think.
    Away, '78, 2-0.
    Was probably at Upton park game, but I can't recall it.
    That's all I can remember.
    The 4-4 was a cracker. Perhaps Basey will give them some tips on defending a narrow lead in the final few minutes  ;)
  • 2 wins, 6 draws, 4 losses which is better than I was expecting
  • Twice I think.
    Stephen Hendrie at Upton Park & Lee Bowyer at The Valley.
    Although we do usually need snookers against them, we didn’t that time - it was John Hendry who scored. 
    I knew it didn't seem right :smile:
  • At West Ham, both 96 and at the pre season game when dowie was in charge - been to all others since mid 80’s but luckily was in holiday for the 2-2 disaster at the end game and the 4-0 disaster as was playing in a fame I couldn’t miss - I’m owed a win tomorrow big time - the worst I would say was the 3-0 humiliation on every level at selhurst - I’m immune to the defeats now but will thoroughly enjoy winning that’s for sure and all the bermugees won’t here the end of it if we do 
  • As i always say with the Spanners fixture,  "if you expect fuck all,  you get fuck all"
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve never seen us beat them
  • In my lifetime we've beaten the Spanners 6 (SIX) times.

In my lifetime I've been to (I think) 8 (EIGHT) of these matches (Sellout Park, The Valley, once at the old Toolbox in the old First Division ... a defeat).

In my lifetime I've seen us win more matches against Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal than I have seen Charlton victories over the neighbours.
  • In my lifetime we've beaten the Spanners 6 (SIX) times.

In my lifetime I've been to (I think) 8 (EIGHT) of these matches (Sellout Park, The Valley, once at the old Toolbox in the old First Division ... a defeat).

In my lifetime I've seen us win more matches against Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal than I have seen Charlton victories over the neighbours.
    Man .United  ?
  • edited November 2019
    In my lifetime we've beaten the Spanners 6 (SIX) times.

Man .United  ?
    Old Trafford.

Mark Stuart winner.

First top-flight victory for 30 years.

EDIT: And a victory at Selhurst that I'd forgotten about.
  • Twice. 95/96 season.
  • Here’s hoping everyone coming back onto this thread tomorrow to increase their total by one.
  • I’m not sure I’ve seen us beat them ever in the 26+ years I’ve been addickted.  Leaburn completing the double in 95/6 was a match I probably attended but I have no recollection whatsoever. Beating the spanners plus a CL goal should make it stick but no memory. Maybe missed that one 
  • First Charlton win against Millwall 1-0 at The Valley Alan Cambell scored, seen every Charlton victory since then...But here is the bad bit last derby game i attended was at The Valley when Bowyer scored.

Blame me when i dont attend we dont win and am sitting at home today.

• Just the once, 2-0 at the valley in 1996. Don't remember who scored but we had just signed Chris Whyte and I thought Chris Malkin but I think he changed his mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 times, far more defeats I might add, 1st ever match as a very young one, lost 4-3 at the Valley to.................Millscum.
  • Seen us beat the spanners 7 times. 

Including Saturday. 
    What I meant to say was 7 times. 

Including when we play them at the valley later in the season. 

Bollox to yesterday 
  • Since 69 only the Den friendly, which is also the only time I saw Hasselbank score
  • Only 3 times in the last 30 years supporting the club Upton park 92. 1-0 win 1995/96 season both games home and away 2-0 wins.
    The same three times for me too 
  • Never. Nearest I came was at the old Den in 1989 when we went 2-0 (remember Paul Williams being one of our scorers) and there was about 5 mins left...................ended up 2-2. :s
  • Ferryman said:
    Only 3 times in the last 30 years supporting the club Upton park 92. 1-0 win 1995/96 season both games home and away 2-0 wins.
    The same three times for me too 
    Actually 4, there was some Anglo Italian game 2-1 at the old Den.
  • Only a pre-season friendly 4-1 win at the Den when Dowie was incharge in 2006. But not a competitive game. :(