Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern trains - Useless

edited December 2013 in Match Day Travel
According to the Southeastern website trains may not start running until 9-00am if the predicted storm hits tonight.

Comments

• Amazing. At least they've covered themselves.
  • Duvet day for me then
  • edited October 2013
    Crap. I'm supposed to be staying in London tonight then back into Kent for work in the morning.

It's "9-10am" which will probably mean 10:30 and further cancellations and delays. I guess I'm going to have to cancel plans.
  • edited October 2013
    RedPanda said:

Crap. I'm supposed to be staying in London tonight then back into Kent for work in the morning.

It's "9-10am" which will probably mean 10:30 and further cancellations and delays. I guess I'm going to have to cancel plans.

Just seen the "9-10am" on their twitter account. Knowing SouthEastern you're probably bang on the money, you wont get a proper service all day. (The overrunning engineering works this week spring to mind.)
  • A severe storm is forecast to hit overnight. We'll be running an amended timetable tomorrow. Details to be released later today #ukstorm
  • Arse covering exercise. If the storm does happen, then they can say well we warned you.
  • Yep, means that don't have to pay compo. Think they got 10k claims last week at least.
  • Bit windy here in Sharm but keeps it to a manageable 30 degrees.
  • WSS said:

Yep, means that don't have to pay compo. Think they got 10k claims last week at least.

Don't think they give a monkey's about last week - it was Ralitrack's fault, I think, which means that any compensation paid out will be by them, not the TOCs.
  • Am flying out from London City Airport to Paris for a few days tomorrow morning at 8am... Hope there arent any issues getting there or flying out
  • Sponsored links:

• Am flying out from London City Airport to Paris for a few days tomorrow morning at 8am... Hope there arent any issues getting there or flying out

Good luck with that one mate!

very unlikely
  • edited October 2013
    It's our own fault. If we had paid attention to Star Trek in the 60's we could of been teleporting to work by now...

sack someone!!!!
  • stonemuse said:

Am flying out from London City Airport to Paris for a few days tomorrow morning at 8am... Hope there arent any issues getting there or flying out

very unlikely
    Well at the moment its not that windy out and there is nothing on the Airport / airline websites mentioning cancellations etc.. so hopefully will be lucky

You've more chance of jumping on my back, slapping my arse and screaming "fly you fat bastard, fly"

• BA just announced short haul cancellations on skynews
  • stonemuse said:

Am flying out from London City Airport to Paris for a few days tomorrow morning at 8am... Hope there arent any issues getting there or flying out

very unlikely
    Well at the moment its not that windy out and there is nothing on the Airport / airline websites mentioning cancellations etc.. so hopefully will be lucky
    Hate to say this, but that doesn't mean much! So far, the forecast has been spot on today - winds are predicted to get stupidly strong from about 10.00 tonight.

You've more chance of jumping on my back, slapping my arse and screaming "fly you fat bastard, fly"

:( - Could we give it a go if we jump out off the top of the Shard? lol!
  • Due to fly into Gatwick tomorrow lunchtime from Knock. AFKA any chance of me getting on board as well on the inward flight?
  • Bloody hell AFKA you've started something now. What sort of baggage allowance and in flight entertainment do you offer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends which way the wind is blowing.

to be honest, I've used up most of the baggage allowance on myself !
  • I've heard there will a limited service on Wednesday as there is a chance of it being a bit overcast. Thursday there is a rumour that there might be an bit of dew early on so all trains are cancelled.

Jeez. If there is a storm and trees on the line then fair enough but to give in before it even happens. I despair.
  • What are the chances that this 9am restart turns into something much later? Don't wanna be sat at a train station for an hour...
  • What are the chances that this 9am restart turns into something much later? Don't wanna be sat at a train station for an hour...

Probably be like the Ash cloud a few years ago... They'll keep pushing everything back an hour throughout the day and then at 3pm they'll say that nothing is running till the next day
  • Not just SouthEastern trains, Southern and South West are not running services before 9am.
  • And first capital connect.

Think I heard on the news earlier that there no trains coming into London from the south at rush hour - as advised by network rail. Gonna be fun. Useless feckers.

I my try that on my missus when I get home
  • I'm impressed you're still out
  • Pubs tonight must be packed with train drivers getting on it !