Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    We're now running a reduced service on most routes. Metro & high speed services running every 30 mins, mainline services running every hour

Just posted by Southeastern on Twitter
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    National Rail website says the last train out of London on Bexleyheath line is at 16:20.

Sidcup line still looks ok, with trains every 30 mins.
  • Options
    I'd hazard a guess that this is a taste of things to come this winter when the first snows arrive.

How they can justify only 2 trains an hour on the Woolwich/Bexleyheath/Sidcup lines when the storm passed some five hours ago is stretching it a bit.

• Options
    edited October 2013

National Rail website says the last train out of London on Bexleyheath line is at 16:20.

National Rail have now updated their website to say trains are every 30 mins all evening.

I dont know what to believe. Having to go to the station to get the true story is a joke.
  • Options

National Rail have now updated their website to say trains are every 30 mins all evening.

I dont know what to believe. Having to go to the station to get the true story is a joke.
    I'm not even going to risk it. Tube then bus for me.
  • Options

I came in on the bexleyheath line this morning, the weather is obviously better than this morning so no reason why trains can't run tonight.
  • Options
    Been at home all day (and done more work than i would have if i'd have been in the office!) and checked the websites intermittently all day. according to network rail you should check with national rail who say to follow their twitter updates, who say check their website for details.

However the journey planner from new eltham to london bridge said 'no trains running in the next 2 hours' then a picture on twitter of a tree on the line between lee and mottingham - that was about half 11, but then someone on here got a train from new eltham at half 10, so it must have fallen after. but still no trains being scheduled on national rail when I checked at 2pm.

I'd propose anyone going to sidcup get on a train to eltham and get the 286 or go to chislehurst and get the 269.

Good luck getting home guys. You'll all make it, it might just take a bit longer than normal. and in the dark too!
  • Options
    It's a good job I'm not working again until Wednesday ;-)
  • Options
    company car home in ten mins for me!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I caught the 16.50 Dartford via Sidcup from CX. Not packed, but feel sorry for those going on further into Kent, as they appear to be terminating at Dartford.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the trains at cannon street look to be on the greenwich line and terminating at dartford or plumsted. One just leaving now. The rest are delayed.
  • Options
    The problem the train companies will have this evening is having not run the usual morning services all their rolling stock will be in the wrong places, so even in perfect conditions the timetable will still be screwed.
  • Options
    Got the DLR no problems at all.
  • Options

Been at home all day (and done more work than i would have if i'd have been in the office!) and checked the websites intermittently all day. according to network rail you should check with national rail who say to follow their twitter updates, who say check their website for details.

However the journey planner from new eltham to london bridge said 'no trains running in the next 2 hours' then a picture on twitter of a tree on the line between lee and mottingham - that was about half 11, but then someone on here got a train from new eltham at half 10, so it must have fallen after. but still no trains being scheduled on national rail when I checked at 2pm.

I'd propose anyone going to sidcup get on a train to eltham and get the 286 or go to chislehurst and get the 269.

Good luck getting home guys. You'll all make it, it might just take a bit longer than normal. and in the dark too!

Duff information people There are two sidcup trains an hour at 18 @ 48. I got the 16.48 and it wasn't packed and only three mins late.
  • Options
    Half hour before that SS they were saying at Cannon there was no Sidcup line and to get the Bexleyheath line
  • Options
    Like I was saying above, the information is inconsistent and incorrect. anyway, watching the news today which had interviews with people at stations saying they have a meeting at their work that they can't miss but can't get there as they haven't been told anything, hardly the end of the world stuff.

People have died due to this storm. People have had property damaged in this storm. Far more important than a train getting someone to their work within 2 hours.
  • Options
    Just fought my way on the slightly delayed 6.42 train from lon bdge to Sidcup (even though the trainline said 48 and 18 past the hour). Packed and sweaty.
  • Options

Half hour before that SS they were saying at Cannon there was no Sidcup line and to get the Bexleyheath line

Yes mate but duff info. Sidcup trains are running pretty well.
  • Options
    If he was at canon st and they were telling him that how was it duff info?! I'm at home so can't vouch for what's happening but he wouldn't lie!
  • Options

If he was at canon st and they were telling him that how was it duff info?! I'm at home so can't vouch for what's happening but he wouldn't lie!

Jeez, there are trains on the sidcup line, people don't need to go eltham and get buses. That's all I'm saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got to cannon street just after Six and the announcer told us there were no trains leaving from there and to travel to Charing X. Went to the dlr.
  • Options
    All ok this morning ?
  • Options
    Sidcup line currently f'd.
  • Options

All ok this morning ?

I got in to Cannon Street with no delays.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

nichorob said:

Hope you are wrong as I've just pulled into New Eltham !
  • Options
    nichorob said:

i must have just missed it then as i come in from new eltham and i got to work fine this morning.

are they saying what the problem is?
  • Options
    sat outside London Bridge for about 20 mins, long journey but train arrived on time at Welling
  • Options
    Train was on time - sidcup line train had a fault so was delayed so made the right choice going to eltham, until it sat outside london bridge for 20ish mins. points/signal issues in the charing x area. Horrible going through London bridge tube station after 8am.
  • Options
    London Bridge has got signal problems. Most services 20 mins delayed.
  • Options
    It was never going to be back to normal this morning despite the wind dying right off around 7pm last night and them having all night to clear any additional debris and get rolling stock into place for the morning service.

My usual train from Greenhithe was cancelled due to 'a member of crew not available' (which means the lazy f*ck driver couldn't be bothered to get out of bed!) and the train after that was delayed by nearly 10 mins!

How Southeastern and National Rail are allowed to get away with regularly providing an absolute piss poor service is beyond me!