Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    Only 25 minutes late into Cannon St this morning. Every bleedin' day this week!
  • Options
    ....."Apologies for the late running to this service. This was due to the train being late in from London along the Sidcup line where conditions were treacherous!"

It may have something to do with the theft of the footbridge at New Eltham station. Very difficult to get from Platform 1 to 2 now.
    I see the blokes in orange are now removing the dirt and loading it into a lorry, there'll be no station left soon.
  • Options
    After a months long holiday slippery rails delayed my first train journey into work by 20 minutes.

Welcome back.
  • Options

....."Apologies for the late running to this service. This was due to the train being late in from London along the Sidcup line where conditions were treacherous!"

It may have something to do with the theft of the footbridge at New Eltham station. Very difficult to get from Platform 1 to 2 now.
    I see the blokes in orange are now removing the dirt and loading it into a lorry, there'll be no station left soon.

Probably for the best M_a_M. That way, us posh folk that live in Bexley and Sidcup can get to our destinations a little quicker!! ;o)
  • Options

Probably for the best M_a_M. That way, us posh folk that live in Bexley and Sidcup can get to our destinations a little quicker!! ;o)
    Mock as you may Mr BoC, but come the revolution, we'll all know who the flushed the lavvy as the train went through New Eltham station.

• Options
    Make sure you do your delay repay claims. Easy to do on line and at least get something back and hit em where it hurts.
  • Options
    Made 2 claims this week already. Sadly the other 2 days weren't quite up to the magic 30 minutes. As if a 29 minute delay on a 33 minute journey is in any way acceptable!!
  • Options
    Anyone got the link for the claims? Can you claim for Monday? cheers
  • Options
    southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/delay-repay/

I've claimed for Monday. Will wait and see if it goes anywhere though!
  • Options
    Bad enough for people travelling into London during the rush hour, but you should see how people who have the misfortune to work in a place where they have to travel AWAY from a London terminus get treated. Years ago I used to work in Catford, and lived in Deptford. Caught the Catford Bridge train from New Cross - at least three times a week (and that's a conservative estimate - sometimes it was literally every day in a week) the train was delayed, delayed, delayed then announced as cancelled - and you'd see it go sailing past outside on the fast line. Fuckers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep my missus works in Sevenoaks, so has to get either a train from Barnehurst to London Bridge, then back out to Sevenoaks or the cheapo way of Barnehurst - Lewisham - Orpington - Sevenoaks. Her trains are always delayed.

Thank f**k she's got her driving exam at the end of November.
  • Options
    Southeastern website saying that nothing stopping at Greenwich due to electrical supply problems
  • Options
    Have been back on the trains since Monday now and there have been delays / problems every evening getting back to Bexleyheath... What the fucks been going on or is this SE's ploy where they can turn round and say "this is why we have to charge more for fares" come January
  • Options
    To be fair to SE alot of the problems are network rails fault (in my experience anyway). Signal failure, electricty supply and points failures.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

To be fair to SE alot of the problems are network rails fault (in my experience anyway). Signal failure, electricty supply and points failures.

There also seems to be a lot more train failures causing delays lately as well though.

Still their parent company is seeing huge growth on its year on year profits - so it's not all bad.

• Options
    Sidcup line fcuked tonight , fire at Bexley so no trains atm
  • Options
    NewsShopper

Gas canisters can take 24hrs to cool, so don't be surprised if there are still problems in the morning.
  • Options
    Train got diverted down the Bexleyheath line on the way home..and i've got to go up town tonight....looks like i'm going via Eltham.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

I pay Southeastern for my ticket - it is their job not their victims (sorry passengers, customers, mugs or whatever the current euphemism they use) to manage their sub-contractors (ie Network Rail) not to make excuses for them, in theory they should know how to do this.

• Options
    @rhinosvalley emailed me (cheers pal) and I was out the door in 30 seconds. Currently on Bexheath line and will get bus from Eltham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bexleyheath line is gonna be mobbed now. Some Sidcup chav better not be in my seat ;-)
  • Options
    Have you completed your delay form?
  • Options
    Line has just re-opened, but will take a while to sort things out.
  • Options
    Bexley Village traffic is pretty bad. Took an age to get through tonight
  • Options
    Kent 999s ‏@Kent_999s
    RT BEXLEY update @NRE_SEastern: Bexley station reopened following a fire. Residual delays & disruption will continue until further notice.
    Retweeted by Valley Floyd Road
  • Options
    got a bit of a bonus on Saturday. 3 vouchers for £1.40 each for delays. Rather they ran the trains on time but it is at least some consolation
  • Options

Bexleyheath line is gonna be mobbed now. Some Sidcup chav better not be in my seat ;-)

I'm already sitting in it pal!
  • Options
    This is an outrage!! How dare there be a fire on the line in which the most affluent, wealthy people live!!

The fire should have been on the Woolwich or Bexleyheath line!

Do they not know how important we are??!!??
  • Options

This is an outrage!! How dare there be a fire on the line in which the most affluent, wealthy people live!!

But I thought it was on the Sidcup line, not the Chislehurst/Sevenoaks one?
  • Options

But I thought it was on the Sidcup line, not the Chislehurst/Sevenoaks one?
    ;o)