Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    Blinkant said:

Got up a bit early today and bused it to DLR and in no problems. Just a shame everyone I work with didnt have the same ideas. People within a 30 min walking distance of the Bank calling in to say its too windy to walk?!?

Simple solution in days gone by, dock them a days holiday / pay :-)
  • Options
    Train has just gone past Bexley station London bound with passengers on board
  • Options
    Hear that a tree has hit a train in Dartford which is causing more delays.... at least thats what my manager is saying who is on that train
  • Options
    If your manager is worth his / her salt they will dock themselves if they don't get in or are unable to work from home but don't hold your breath and don't raise it tomorrow :-)
  • Options
    Worse than expected on the railways according to BBC news. Chaos for the rest of the week no doubt.
  • Options

Drove down to North Greenwich, JLE trains pretty empty. Work on time. What a hero.

It should also be noted that i took the time to apply super hold hair gel, thereby preventing the windswept look on arrival.

• Options
    RedChaser said:

If your manager is worth his / her salt they will dock themselves if they don't get in or are unable to work from home but don't hold your breath and don't raise it tomorrow :-)

Fortuntaly, by sitting on a train doing nothing, he is being a productive as he would be sitting in the office doing nothing.

• Options
    Ah, of course to even things up with the shirkers he could always offer you a Christmas shopping day off / day in lieu for making the effort, I would have done :-)
  • Options
    At Redhill since 8.30. Finally had enough and going home.
  • Options

I thought you was going to do a 'Tebbit' Leroy and get on your bike :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Drove down to North Greenwich, JLE trains pretty empty. Work on time. What a hero.

It should also be noted that i took the time to apply super hold hair gel, thereby preventing the windswept look on arrival.

if only....
  • Options
    Ha ha - nice one baldy!
  • Options
    My train just stopped at St Johns!!!!!!
    Wtf??????
    :-O
  • Options
    Trains every 30 mins from barnehurst. Next one is at 11-27.
  • Options

I feel you may be wasting your eye.

Do what most sensible people will do, fire up the lap top and work from home for a day.

But I am a coal miner.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I feel you may be wasting your eye.

Do what most sensible people will do, fire up the lap top and work from home for a day.

But I am a coal miner.
    Just draw the curtains & turn the lights off; you won't know the difference.
  • Options
    got a train at 10 from new eltham normal service to ldn bridge.

people who live close to me now probably cursing me as they have been told that they need to get their arses in!
  • Options
    Nothing up from the south coast at the moment. At this rate even if trains run by 1pm it ain't gonna be worth it.
  • Options
    In the old days, they used to get staff sleeping on camp beds in the Natwest Tower to make sure we were in at work.
  • Options

Currently on bus in streatham, then tube from Brixton. Traffic fine.

I was on a bus through there at the same time! Wasn't a 109 by any chance? Got to Brixton to find my Oyster card was empty and had to join the mother of all long queues. Then go to get up at Oxford Circus but the doors didn't open due to over crowding on the platform (how do you get rid of the crowds then?)

Had to change at Warren Street for the Northern Line to Tottenham Court Road and had to get to my office through back streets as Oxford Street was closed. Got in at 9.10.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

In the old days, they used to get staff sleeping on camp beds in the Natwest Tower to make sure we were in at work.

Good to see them good old days long gone.
  • Options
    Got the DLR from Woolwich to Bank this morning at 7.15. For some reason they only had 2 instead of the usual 3 carriages, so it was packed straight away. Just got through the tunnel when the first stoppage hit. Debris on the line at/near Canning Town so all trains held.

Finally got going and was thinking of changing at Canning Town for the Jubilee to the West End, but decided to stay put. Pulled out of Canning Town when we stopped again for a broken train two ahead. Freakin' nightmare!!!

Took 1hr 15minutes for the usual 30 minute journey and then the joys of the Central Line to Oxford Circus. Hoping the return is a little bit better!
  • Options

Currently on bus in streatham, then tube from Brixton. Traffic fine.

I was on a bus through there at the same time! Wasn't a 109 by any chance? Got to Brixton to find my Oyster card was empty and had to join the mother of all long queues. Then go to get up at Oxford Circus but the doors didn't open due to over crowding on the platform (how do you get rid of the crowds then?)

Had to change at Warren Street for the Northern Line to Tottenham Court Road and had to get to my office through back streets as Oxford Street was closed. Got in at 9.10.

I let the 109 go as there was a 250 behind with a lot less punters! I saw that queue for the Oyster at Brixton. That looked a good 20 minute wait to me.
  • Options
    Given up. No trains up from Hastings until at least 3pm.
  • Options
    No trains at all for me and my dinner in the City cancelled so no pressure to get up there.

Nice
  • Options
    Leaving work in about an hour does anyone know if any trains are leaving cannon St going to New Eltham?

Southeasten's website is shite for information!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I thought you was going to do a 'Tebbit' Leroy and get on your bike :-)
    I actually did consider it. But took Offy's advice and swerved it. Glad I did - a fella in my office who cycles in every day said he was literally blown off his bike coming through Stockwell this morning.
  • Options
    My mrs is at Charring Cross, apparently no trains on the Sidcup line for the rest of the day. How can they do this? bang out of order. Tube and a bus home for me by the looks of things :(
  • Options
    Good luck everyone getting home tonight , gonna be hard work
  • Options
    Trains running fine on the bexleyheath line. 10 and 40 from Charing cross.