Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    "Quote" rel="ForeverAddickted">Am flying out from London City Airport to Paris for a few days tomorrow morning at 8am... Hope there arent any issues getting there or flying out

You've more chance of jumping on my back, slapping my arse and screaming "fly you fat bastard, fly"

Lmfao

• Options
    Will it be safe to get the bus, cycle, drive or walk tomorrow morning?
  • Options
    Unbelievable that these pathetic c*nts can announce a reduced service and delays about 12 hours before the storm is even due to hit the area. If we woke up to trees on the line then fair enough make an announcement at 6am but not at 3pm the day before. Useless!
  • Options

Will it be safe to get the bus, cycle, drive or walk tomorrow morning?

Go fly a kite.
  • Options

I'm impressed you're still out

I'm impressed you're still out

still in the Albany mate
  • Options
    Pathetic performance by the train companies and just about perfectly sums up the risk-averse, scared of our own shadow country we have become. 71 years ago, the Battle of El Alamein was still raging. If the spirit of 2013 applied in 1942, presumably Montgomery would have been ordered to not fight the battle as there was too great a risk of people getting hurt and to wave the Afrika Korps through to Cairo instead!
  • Options
    I'm cycling to work (Mayfair) from Reigate tomorrow. That should be interesting :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I'm cycling to work (Mayfair) from Reigate tomorrow. That should be interesting :)

Seriously mate, if they're only half right about what its going to be like in the morning you would be mental to even think about doing that.

• Options
    To be fair to South Eastern (I despise them myself) at least they are warning comuters about the planned service.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Seriously mate, if they're only half right about what its going to be like in the morning you would be mental to even think about doing that.

Forecast is for it to have died down by about 7.00. I'll take a look in the morning and see what it's like - but there's just no way I can miss work tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

Forecast is for it to have died down by about 7.00. I'll take a look in the morning and see what it's like - but there's just no way I can miss work tomorrow
    'kin 'ell Leroy, think of your poor bike! It doesnt deserve to be risked ;)
  • Options

I'll be doing New Eltham to Westminster. Only if it's absolutely dangerous will I not try it - I agree with Tom Hovi's earlier post. A bit of weather won't stop me getting to work - bulldog spirit and all that.
  • Options
    Anyone heard anything about the docklands light railway? Always seems to be the only line into London that's still running through treacherous conditions. May use that instead of south eastern.
  • Options
    Hows the DLR looking for tomorrow?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Hows the DLR looking for tomorrow?

No problems forecast. Most of the DLR network is away from potential hazards like falling trees and in similar historical circumstances has fared well. Might well be rammed from Lewisham and Woolwich given the surrender by Southeastern

• Options
    Southern trains before 9am have also been cancelled
  • Options
    My daughter is supposed to be arriving at Heathrow tomorrow.

Worried :-(
  • Options

Bit windy here in Sharm but keeps it to a manageable 30 degrees.

I would rather worry about a windy night than when the next terrorist attack will be hitting where I am staying, enjoy.
  • Options

Bit windy here in Sharm but keeps it to a manageable 30 degrees.

I would rather worry about a windy night than when the next terrorist attack will be hitting where I am staying, enjoy.
    Classy
  • Options
    deserved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The DLR is fine this morning.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

My daughter is supposed to be arriving at Heathrow tomorrow.

Worried :-(

Don't worry Len, there are EU regulations covering compensation for delayed flights.
  • Options
    Not under acts of god.
  • Options
    No trains as suspected this morning
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Into work with no problems. Heathrow Connect and London Underground all ok. Good to see they don't raise the white flag.
  • Options
    According to National Rail App all trains cancelled but 0804 from Sidcup 'on time' .... Leaves Dartford at 740 so will keep my eye on it
  • Options
    I feel you may be wasting your eye.

Do what most sensible people will do, fire up the lap top and work from home for a day.
  • Options
    I live right next to westcombe park station. So many people have still come to the station :-(
  • Options
    Are TfL accepting railcards on buses and tubes? My daughter just changed job and doesn't need a travelcard as she's right next to Cannon Street
  • Options
    Yes, TFL are accepting railcards - wasn't being advertised when I left earlier, but ask bus drivers and tube station staff and they will let you through (or at least they did for me!)