Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    Got to work fine, probably because I used publicly owned transport...;-)
  • Options

Yes, TFL are accepting railcards - wasn't being advertised when I left earlier, but ask bus drivers and tube station staff and they will let you through (or at least they did for me!)

Cheers

• Options

According to National Rail App all trains cancelled but 0804 from Sidcup 'on time' .... Leaves Dartford at 740 so will keep my eye on it

Cancelled :(
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options

I feel you may be wasting your eye.

Do what most sensible people will do, fire up the lap top and work from home for a day.

Trouble is it takes too long to transfer files to our server especially when some are up to 2GB. Nevermind.
  • Options
    Currently on bus in streatham, then tube from Brixton. Traffic fine.
  • Options
    its like a snow day folks chill out and watch tv then go for a walk up the local woods about midday when the winds are normal, survey the damage and mess around in the blowing leaves with your kids
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I live next to Bexley station no trains have come past yet
  • Options
    The Southeastern website tells me to check the National Rail website, which then suggests checking the Southeastern website. Neither of them say that trains have been cancelled, just that they are unlikely to run until after 9am.

Helpful. They're either running or they're not - and they don't appear to be saying.

Charlton Life - your first stop for travel news. Stick that in your pipe Mr Lawson!
  • Options
    DLR is screwed. Been stuck just outside Greenwich for about 20 mins now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The DLR is fine this morning.

JohnBoyUK said:

What was that about everyone on Charlton Life having the same view? We can't even agree on that most sacred of subjects for any Charlton fans - the trains!

• Options
    No DLR, just got on a 21 bus to London Bridge
  • Options
    Drove down to North Greenwich, JLE trains pretty empty. Work on time. What a hero.
  • Options
    Check the live journey planner on national rail site..trains said to be running from 9 45 on sidcup line
  • Options

Drove down to North Greenwich, JLE trains pretty empty. Work on time. What a hero.

You only have to go 1 stop
  • Options
    Don't bother going to North Greenwich. They aren't letting anyone down.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

The DLR is fine this morning.

JohnBoyUK said:

What was that about everyone on Charlton Life having the same view? We can't even agree on that most sacred of subjects for any Charlton fans - the trains!

Ha! I guess the early bird catches the worm. Sorry to hear that John, I hope I didn't play a part in you using the DLR this morning. Strange as I thought things were getting better this morning?
  • Options
    Train has just gone past going out of london
  • Options
    My kids are ectastic that Daddy is working from home today as it's half term.

My missus has just given me a look that says, "FFS, another one to look after today". Harsh.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

My kids are ectastic that Daddy is working from home today as it's half term.

My missus has just given me a look that says, "FFS, another one to look after today". Harsh.

Just go to the pub at lunchtime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lunchtime?!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Lunchtime?!

Telling me you can't wait till then?
  • Options

Off_it said:

Lunchtime?!

Telling me you can't wait till then?
    Why wait? It's celebration time - Have just got my bottle of Remy Martin out of the garage!
  • Options
    At Sidcup station. Lots of people, no trains.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I live right next to westcombe park station. So many people have still come to the station :-(

Why would you bother? Do these people not possess a phone or a laptop to check first?
  • Options
    I caught the 321 to Lewisham then the 21 to London Bridge got in about 30 mins later than usual.
  • Options

At Sidcup station. Lots of people, no trains.

At Sidcup kitchen. Lots of cooked breakfast items, no trains.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

I live right next to westcombe park station. So many people have still come to the station :-(

Why would you bother? Do these people not possess a phone or a laptop to check first?
    Haha exactly. And the train that was on the board got cancelled!
  • Options
    No trains till 12 for me.

Supposed to be at a football dinner in the City tonight, otherwise wouldnt even be looking at the website
  • Options
    Got up a bit early today and bused it to DLR and in no problems. Just a shame everyone I work with didnt have the same ideas. People within a 30 min walking distance of the Bank calling in to say its too windy to walk?!?